Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Soondar® Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock (NOT compatible with old generation Sounddock I which CANNOT charge iPhone4)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 2, 2012
I purchased a Bose SoundDock Portable Digital Music System last year, which provided both a dock for my iPhone and an auxiliary port for my other music players, but once my friend purchased a Bluetooth Bose SoundDock, I knew I needed to upgrade. I figured I could add on to my existing dock, so when I came across this product, I figured I'd give it a try. I simply placed the adapter on the iPod dock, and paired my phone with this device. Simple to set up, and the sound quality is great.

Highly recommended for anyone who listens to a lot of internet radio (i.e., Google Music, Pandora) on their phone, or who does not have an iPod device (i.e., Windows Phone, Droid). If you simply use the iPod music player from your device, then the remote control that comes with the Bose is sufficient for controlling your music and playlists.
77 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2012
Even though it's sold as a Bose Sounddock adapter, this tiny device (it's about the size of a book of matches) will work with most iPod docks; it worked flawlessly with my old Altec Lansing inMotion iM600 (USB version). Note that the older docks may provide Firewire-type power instead of USB, and I don't know if these are compatible. I will update this review once I've tested it.
Using it couldn't be easier: just plug it into the dock. The light at the top left blinks alternatively red and blue to signify it's in pairing mode. You can then select it on your phone and pair it using the code "0000". The light then turns to a solid blue, and you're ready to go. Simple enough?

This adapter allows you to use any bluetooth stereo device with your dock without having to use a wire, perfect to watch a movie on your iPad with louder sound. It's also perfect to use an older, unshielded dock with an iPhone (no more GSM interference!), or if you want to use a non-iPhone bluetooth player with an iPod dock.

Five stars for low price, quality, convenience and ease of use. It's a shame this device is not advertised more.

Update: Does not work with older Firewire docks (like the first generation Bose dock).

Also, the same adapter can be found for much less here
1111 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
Got this I-Link after the failure I had with the RadTech Wavejamr (which I sent back after discovering it's not compatible with the Bose SoundDock Portable), and thus far, the I-Link has been working perfectly with my SoundDock, (been playing music for several hours this evening with it paired to my iPhone5). Exactly what I needed and wanted.
on December 13, 2012
This product does just as it says. I plugged it in, paired it with my smartphone and away I went listening to Pandora on my Bose speaker. Love the cost of this item and everyone should have one of these. You don't need to leave the phone docked to the station nor do you have to tether the phone to it via a wire. You have full access to your phone as it can travel with you instead of staying stuck to the dock.
This is outstanding for the little bit of money it costs to get it.
on January 6, 2013
It worked great the first month. Then it stopped working. Unfortunately, I think durability is an issue with this product.
on January 7, 2013
I connected it to my Bose Sounddock Portable. First time I plugged it in seemed a little tight, but it went on flawlessly and paired with my Iphone 4s perfectly. Instructions are a little vague, but no big deal for those used to pairing bluetooth devices. I VERY strongly recommend it.
on April 24, 2015
UPDATE: I bought an Aluratek bluetooth adapter. 3 times the money but it works like a charm!

ZERO stars if I could!! I bought this with high hopes. I have a BOSE sounddock 2. I just bought a 5th generation Ipod. So naturally I needed to hook it up to my BOSE. Aftermarket 30 pin adapter is a NO go. I didn't want to pay $20+ for an apple brand adapter that may or may not play the music either. I also have a big speaker in my UTV that I need an adapter for... So what a solution this is huh? NOOOOOOOOOO I paid an extra $3.99 for overnight shipping and as soon as it arrived I plugged it in. No trouble connecting to the Ipod but it only plays the song for 2 seconds then fades out for a period of time then reconnects and plays 2 seconds of the song again. So its just in and out in and out. The ipod is practically touching the dock. This is infuriating. Thanks for wasting my time and money and now I have to pay for an envelope to mail it back to you...seriously this is JUNK!
on April 1, 2014
Works as advertised with a first edition Bose SoundDock Portable. Sound quality is only OK though. OK at best. High frequencies are a bit attenuated and midrange clarity is affected. It's great for background music at a party but if you're planning on listening to a favorite album, plug your phone/ipod/source directly into your SoundDock for much better quality. For the price, and the price of convenience, this was a good buy.
on January 15, 2013
I upgraded my phone from an iPhone4 to a Nokia Lumina 920 and never looked back. I love it! However, the only sad part is that it only docks to the bose portable with an audio cable. I wanted to be able to have the phone with me and play music at the same time. Thankfully I found this little gadget. It works great. I plugged it into the dock and my phone had no problem discovering and hooking up to it.

The sound is just as good as if I had the iPhone docked. I did find that as my battery on my phone starting running low, the connection would cut in and out, but that is a phone issue. The only other issue I noticed is that if you have any other items in the path between your two devices that may cause interference, it will cut in and out. That's the only reason why I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars.

I also tried to hook it up to my car's (Audi Q5) iPod dock and my home sterero's (Panasonic) iPod dock, but it didn't work.
on December 24, 2015
I haven't had the best of luck with these lately, but this one works just fine. I gave my original bluetooth module away as a gift. So, I plugged the new one into the 30 pin dock connector and it paired up easy. The sound is good as well for being bluetooth and now i can have full functionality back out of my Bose Sounddock. Note that i had to by an adapter to deliver power to this bluetooth module. My original Bose sounddock will not power it on its own.