5.0 out of 5 stars I just used for the first time WOW

3.0 out of 5 stars Reduced to 3 stars due some freezing
Published on June 10, 2012 by N80

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I just used for the first time WOW, July 21, 2011
This review is from: TeleType 740060 WorldNav7400 High Resolution Truck GPS (Electronics)
Well I have to say so far so good. I have been driving now for 30 yrars, and this unit is the best so far. I have only used it for one trip to Boston area. but it helped. You need to tak the time to read the set-up Guides that come with it. That right this company to the time to PRINT the user guides. wow no going on line or calling someone for help. Sound is not a problem it can be heard, some of the words well that they need to work on. So I will be going to FL soon I will let everyone know after that trip. The bid 7" screen a major plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for truck drivers, March 11, 2012
Mario J. (MORRISTOWN, TN, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my wife who is a truck driver. She really likes this GPS. It takes her right to the door of the place she is delivering to. She has a friend that bought a Rand-McNalley GPS and has been having problms with it. Her friend said they were returning theirs and buying this GPS.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reduced to 3 stars due some freezing, June 10, 2012
8/13/13 Update... The unit will freeze occasionally and I can't find the common cause. It happens perhaps every couple weeks, and sometimes goes a month without locking up. It requires you to reset it from rear. It has done a good job with routing but recalc can be slow. It has Canadian maps that are accurate but don't expect good results in downtown areas up north like Montreal or Toronto. The slow recalc will leave you in trouble if you don't know your way. My car GPS has the same reception issue there but recalcs much faster.

I still use it everyday. The poi search is impressive. It has has addresses available the Tom Tom has not. I not going to replace it but have considered it. It still meets my satisfaction. I don't use it for logs or ifta.
-------------------

This gps performs well. The state/province mileage counter is helpful for IFTA. It has a driver log function, but I have not used the function. It recalculates at a similar speed to the cobra truck gps, but not as fast as my tom tom.

The unit has many options for routing and truck size, weight, hazmat etc. It has routing for motor home, motor home with trailer, truck, car with additional options. The restricted roads are shown in pink and easy to see.

This gps dominates any I've seen for the amount of POIs. Setting a custom route via as many way points as you like is nice, they call them "my points".

Bottom line, I always run a car gps(tom tom) and a truck gps (now this one). I like this unit, but they all have weaknesses.

A GPS is ONLY as good as the driver and the planning.

As I stated in the title 4 stars since I've never seen a 5 star unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars not happy, December 21, 2013
wasn't telling me about low overpasses and it took me in circles once. I sent it back and they said because I took the clear coating off the screen they said I had to keep it. I'm not happy with it and would not recommend it to anyone. I like the $99 Garmin I use now much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad product, October 10, 2013
Worked good up until the warranty ran out. Then the face plate must have shifted.push a number and a different number would enter.not worth the money I paid for it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great truck gps, June 26, 2013
The best truck gps available. The only one that has not gave me false truck restriction warnings. I have tried garmin, cobra, rand mcnally and pc miler and all of them will tell you you are on truck restricted roads when you know your not. The rand mcnally is pretty good software but their hardware is not what it should be. My tnd 720 quit working because it no longer picks up gps signals. The rand mcnally tends to give you weird routes by taking routes that save a couple of miles but takes you through traffic lights with alot of stop and go instead of staying on the freeway where you just get to cruise. Those couple of miles saved will eat up more fuel because of the stop and go. The worldnav has all the truck restrictions on the rand mcnally atlas plus some. I have never found a truck restricted road that worldnav don't know about. Including low clearance locations. The restrictions are shown in pink where you can see them. The latest updates keep getting better and better. My worldnav 7400 is very good hardware and picks up a GPS signal fast. Good routes and a great product. Buy it. You will like the routing. Compare worldnav with the rand mcnally truck atlas and you will see all the tuck restrictions are there. Not every local restriction is on it but the ones in the atlas are there. No truck gps has all the local restrictions but worldnav has the most.

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned Product, December 26, 2012
I purchased this for my husband who drives a truck. He hated it. The satellite is slow to load and recalculate, it gives late notifications of turns and unclear directions, such as take ramp on right but there are three ramps. According to my husband, timely specific directions are needed to allow enough time to maneuver a vehicle the size of his. He stated that it wouldn't be an issue in a car where you can navigate quickly at the last minute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Real WorldNav Review (6 months of use), December 2, 2012
Karl (Lakeland, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I became a 48state solo otr driver on December 28th 2012. (thats when I finished training) My Father got me this gps for christmas so its the only one I have experience with. Everyone can say what they want about it but im just going to list my experience. It got me to 70% of destinations in 42 different states terrific. Whenever you miss a turn, be prepared to use your own natural instinct to get the truck turned around because it will take you thru sub divisions . In Texas it tried to take me on a ramp that had a clearance under 13'6, This gps will take you off the interstate a exit or two early, then take you down Truck Restricted roads to get you to a consignee or shipper that was right off the interstate but the Worldnav maps have the road that is OK for trucks as Truck Restricted, Your WorldNav gps with V11 software is going to freeze. Almost everyday, but theres a easy reset button for that. I-35 near oklahoma city and US-61 in MO is a complete disaster and is not mapped correctly After 6 months my GPS stopped working, first it lost reception, then kept turning off now its dead. After fighting with tech support I finally got a return number and im still waiting to get it back. I know all GPS'S arnt perfect, and I cant wait to update to Version 12. I guess after writing this review and reading all the other reviews for PC*Miler, Cobra, RandMcnally, and Garmin.... WorldNav ranks right up there. Fair share of problems but its solid. Just dont trust it. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Everything Works so far, November 28, 2012
Opened box today, Took a while to boot up, but was worth the wait
Will update review within the next few days to see how well it actually
works. Love the big 7" screen! Added plus is the EOBR with 32gb
SD for logs. If you don't mind reading the 158 pg. manual it's does
all it says.

*****Update****
This unit has hanged a couple of times and had to reboot, but
that is to be expected in computer and electronics. My biggest
problem is that you cannot access the music once in navigation
mode while driving, I would have expected that if on a long trip
you might be in a area where there is not a lot of radio stations
and you could setup so you could use the music files even when in
navigation mode, other than that couldn't be happier!

4.0 out of 5 stars good but not what was needed, February 2, 2012
This GPS was for my 74 year old father and it just had too many bells and whistles for him to operate. It is an awesome GPS, but he needed something alot simplier

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›