4.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, but it actually does work fairly well!
Published 24 months ago by Former Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Lint Lizard - just okay
I rate the Lint Lizard merely okay because of my overall satisfaction with the product.
Published on March 18, 2012 by Rosanne Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Lint Lizard - just okay, March 18, 2012
This review is from: Telebrands Lint Lizard Flexible Vacuum Hose Asseen On Tv Boxed (Tools & Home Improvement)
In fairness, it does work. The hose connection and adpater do form a good seal with my Dyson vacuum hose for very good suction. The quality of the plastic parts is also pretty good. It should last a long time. I will be able to use the Lint Lizard to get into any crevices up to 1" wide, where my vacuum hose cannot fit - between range and counter, refrigerator cleaning, etc. Which is a good thing because I'm not going to be able to use it on my dryer, not on the front end where the lint trap is.

That is where I got that "as seen on TV" suckered again feeling. The stated length of 43" is the whole thing: tubing, connector, and adapter. The clear tubing itself is only 30" long. This is not going to "snake out" your dryer vent. I got absolutely no lint to come out of my front dryer vent opening even with the LL going full blast with the excellent suction of my Dyson vac. The tubing is sturdy, which means it's not all that flexible, and it's 1" wide, which is too wide to get any farther than where the lint trap sits. (I have an LG TROMM dryer, which has more of a slot than a large hole for the air/lint to travel out. Recommend you check your dryer airway to see how it's built to know if the LL will do anything for you.)

Again, in fairness, I'm pretty diligent about cleaning my dryer's lint trap before each use and I use a flexible dryer lint brush/wand every month or so. The Lint Lizard will certainly take the place of a dryer lint brush on my kind of dryer. It will also no doubt work well on the back vent of the dryer, where the opening is a 4-6" metal duct where a shop vac hose will fit. It might work okay going in from the outside vent through the flexible hose that connects dryer to external vent, but only if that hose is not very long -- 30" of LL tubing doesn't get you far. You're better off replacing the flexible hose once a year or so. They don't cost very much.

One other thing: The shipping and handling almost doubles the cost of the item, a typical "as seen on TV" scam. (The item does not ship through Amazon.) To their credit though, the shipper TexasValue 108 did sent it priority mail, so I received it in about a week.

Summary: the Lint Lizard is a well made product that may work on some models of dryers, but not all, and is a good 1" hose extension for your vacuum for other cleaning.

1.0 out of 5 stars VIRTUALLY USELESS - DONT BOTHER, March 27, 2012
The concept is great for sure but the clear plastic 1" hose is SO INFLEXIBLE that it's useless at trying to guide it where you want it to go. And because it comes curled up in the box it stays that way! And I recall the advertisement saying that it reaches up to 4 feet - NO WAY! the tube is 2 ft at best but because you cant staighten it it's MUCH less than two feet of usage. Also when you try to bend the hose the other way it kinks. DONT WASTE YOU MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT. Instead, go to home depot get some clear plastic tubing and tape it to your vacuum. I guarantee you'll bve much happier.

4.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, but it actually does work fairly well!, January 1, 2013
I have a fear of dryer lint fires, so I try very hard to keep my dryer as free as possible of lint build-up. When the lint screen in my dryer developed a small tear, I immediately replaced it because I so feared that lint would build up within the dryer and would cause a fire. I had also previously bought a lint brush (which did little to nothing) and special tiny attachments for my shop vac, but didn't get all that much extra lint out of the dryer.

I had read in Consumer Reports that the "Lint Lizard" actually did work well to remove extra lint from the dryer, but I was still skeptical that it would work all that well. After reading a friend's posting on Facebook about how much extra lint she got out of her dryer when using the Lint Lizard, I decided to order it and try it, but I didn't actually expect all that much from it.

When I opened the box and saw how large the tube was, I got worried that it might not fit into the space for my lint filter, but I decided to try it anyway. I was also worried about how curled-up the tube was. The directions said to use heat from a hair drer or hot water to work out kinks, so I tried that to straighten the tube, but it didn't work very well.

I set up the Lint Lizard and attached it to the hose of my basement vacuum. I then went to work. I hosed the Lint Lizard tube into the space for my lint filter and it immediately began sucking lint out of the dryer. At one point, I could tell it had stopped sucking, so I snaked it out and realized that the Lint Lizard had sucked out a baseball-sized ball of lint. Gross!

I worked with the Lint Lizard for about five minutes and, in that short amount of time, FILLED my vacuum's canister with lint. I was absolutely disgusted, but also amazed, by the amount of lint that was pulled from only the lint filter area. I now want to pull my dryer away from the wall to use the Lint Lizard from the back, and I want to go to the outdoor vent to clean it out from there, as well.

My only complaint about the Lint Lizard, and the reason for four stars instead of five, is the plastic/PVC tube that is used. I appreciate that it is flexible, but I wish it were not so curled.

By the way, based on suggestions I read here on Amazon, I also tried to use the Lint Lizard under my refrigerator, but that didn't result in much.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works, April 12, 2012
ereader (Pleasanton, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
It is what it is. So for what it is, it works well.

So what is it? Basically there is a somewhat hard and somewhat flexible clear tube, which is coupled to a vacuum. This tube is inserted into vents to clean out debris. I have used similar devices in the past for varying reasons (inflating air mattresses etc.), and know the coupler is critical. This device has a really nice coupler that looks to be able to fit a variety of vacuum hoses (no they are not standard). It fit my vacuum easily and very tightly, so when assembled, it does work well. Plus it has a variable suction adjustment (a ring with some holes in it) to let more or less vacuum through the tube.

I have a wide, dryer vent, the runs below the width of the drier door. So I had to move the somewhat clunky tube around a lot. But even moving this about, the basic job was done in minutes. I do clean my drier vent many times, after EVERY load, and sometimes half-way through a load, so I was surprised at how much lint had worked its way in the crevices away from the screen. The amount of lint you are able to pull out can be related to your vacuums efficiency. I have a very powerful vac, much more powerful than most (i.e. Dyson's are all-hype, great marketing but notorious for low suction). So, if you don't get much lint could be due to what it is hooked up too. (Or, if you don't get much lint, you might not see it, it flies through the tube so fast I heard it passing through much more that I saw it, LOL.)

Honestly, it is okay. It is handy. It is not too expensive. I cannot get the same thing accomplished with duct tape or any other manner of a homemade device. I will probably use it every so many months to clear out the opening areas of both ends of the drier vent (it does not reach the middle of my very long drier hose, the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5). I also will use it to clean out floor mounted heating duct work. I am sure I will think up more things this gadget will give my vacuum hose access to. So it is probably not the ultimate tool, but for the price I am glad I have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not perfect but more then worth the price, August 27, 2012
Mark J. Tichy (Marshalltown, Iowa) - See all my reviews
I usually read reviews then purchase the product, not the case with the lint lizard. I figured for the price it was going to be worth it. As I'd read on one review (one I'd read after my purchase)you can't make anything from scratch that works better, and I wholeheartedly agree. The end that goes on your vacuum is of pretty good quality for a $10.99 item (which is what I paid at a retailer).

The big thing that seems to throw people is the clear tube used to feed into the dryer is rolled up in a small box and does not want to straighten out right away. What most people do after that, is bee line it to their computer and write a crappy review, what I chose to do was to put a wood dowel inside to straighten it, then laid it in the sun so the plastic would relax. The lint would wait, as it had been doing for the previous couple of years. To bad the LL people didn't choose better packaging (like a long straight box) because many people are to lazy to brainstorm a simple solution to a tiny problem.

I cleaned two different dryers with two different vacuums, both far exceeded my expectations. The diameter of the clear tube is the perfect size, big enough to suck in clumps of lint yet small enough to push into tight spots. Most coins get stuck in a convenient spot where the clear tube and vacuum attachment push together so you can retrieve the loot before it's sucked into your machine.

If I had paid $40.00 for this I would have probaby given it 3 1/2 or 4 stars but for $10.99 it's quite a value, refreshing to see anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, April 17, 2012
As others have said the hose is large and inflexible. It picked up a bit of lint where I can reach it anyway, but did not fit to the deeper area. Save your money, don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work; all hype, March 22, 2012
G.B.D. (New England) - See all my reviews
Tube is really only 30 inches long. It is 1 inch wide, too fat to easily fit into my lint panel. I did manage to squeeze it in, but It kept turning in one direction, getting stuck on one side; I could not get it to straighten out. It's not strong enough (even on extra-oomph vac speed) to really pull the lint out. It did barely capture some lint at the end, but nothing went through into the vacuum. If lint is even slightly damp this thing can't even move it. This is a waste of money. I wound up cleaning the old way: old metal coat hangar bending it as needed (dryer unplugged first, of course).

3.0 out of 5 stars It has its pros and cons, December 12, 2012
This was a highly recommended product in consumer reports magazine. When you get it it is tightly curled. The box says to use a hair dryer to straighten the product. It seemed to make it curl tighter. I left it inside a Christmas wrapping paper cardboard tube. I was excited to use the product but couldn't make an attempt until about a week after leaving it in the tube. I used it on the dryer, mine opens at the bottom. It is the cleanest I have seen it up until the bend in the dryer. It is not quite flexible enough to get every nook and cranny, will need to pull the dryer out from the wall. Will try to store in a cardboard tube for a few more weeks as well, still curls up on itself. It has good potential, would not pay more than $10 for it though.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lint lizard a sham, April 15, 2012
I ordered the lint lizard and had many problems. First it would not fit on my vacuum cleaner. Second, the product did not match what I saw televised. Third, when I called to get a refund I was given a big run around. They tried to convince me to keep it and give it to a friend or relative . They also said that they would give me $5.00 refund, not the entire amount I pad. I am very dissatisfied with this product and Telebrands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, April 27, 2012
My lint lizard was shipped in a timely manner, and that's the only good thing I can say about it. It did fit on my vaccuum cleaner - but DID NOT fit in the vent itself so was absolutely worthless. And they wanted $3.00 to return it. What a racket they have going!