Published on December 3, 2009 by mister e. shoppa

1.0 out of 5 stars Go with Olympus TP7 -- Recording much clearer!!!
Published on February 14, 2011 by Ora72

4.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with any cordless phone systems - works only with corded phones, December 3, 2009
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
See the attached photo of the "hook-up diagram" furnished with this unit (image attached). I'm surprised that nobody seems to use cordless phones, because this item will work ONLY with the old fashioned corded type phones, using the handset jack, not the modular wall phone plug. I don't even own a corded phone anymore and rarely see them for sale, so unfortunately this gadget is useless to me. It would be very helpful to prospective buyers to first look at the "hook-up diagram" furnished with this item. I'm attaching an image for those cordless phone owners who are interested in recording their calls calls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a writer recording interviews to be typed later, October 25, 2008
Tenna Merchent (Noblesville, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
For years I have used a suction cup device (removable telephone pick-up) to record interviews that I would write up later. Unfortunately for me, it do not record the last two interviews I did, which way stressed me out, and of course caused me a lot of embarrassment, headaches, and those stories aren't going to be as near good as they could have been. So I finally broke down and changed technology to this device. It is 100 times more dependable, and I now wish I had changed 20 years ago.

This allows you to record both your voice and the person you are speaking to, whereas the suction cup device really only records the voice of the person you're calling. You can sort of hear your voice, but just barely. Overall, that didn't really bother me, but occasionally, I would think, "Now what did I ask?"

If you are a writer doing interviews, this will meet your needs. I am very glad I bought this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good prodcut - no frills, March 11, 2007
This product won't win any beauty contests, but it does a great job interfacing with a standard telephone and any recording device with the appropriate jack. I use it for work and it's incredibly reliable.

It only records the left channel of audio, however, which makes any recording kinda lop-sided if you listen to it through headphones later. I have to admit: I've never tried the "play" setting and couldn't tell you if it works. But honestly: You're recording your phone call to a tape-deck/mp3 player/md recorder. You're probably going to end up using that machine's capabilities to play it back - not this adapter.

The level of the recording is just a bit quieter than you think it should be, but the quality is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, August 11, 2007
hummerpoo (Jefferson City, MO) - See all my reviews
A simple little device that does exactly what it is supposed to do. Can't say that about most products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Records Telephone Voicemails to Computer Well, October 17, 2008
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
I use this product to record telephone voicemails into computer sound files. It works well and is an excellent product. Earlier, I gave this product a bad review because the sound files were very noisey, but I discovered that the flaw was in my telephone. When I got a better phone, this product worked like a charm. I apologize for my earlier mistake!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Go with Olympus TP7 -- Recording much clearer!!!, February 14, 2011
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
I originally choose this item because I wanted a clear-as-possible recording. Because it connected directly in-line with the phone, it should have produced the clearest recording with minimal static/background noise, right? -- wrong! I received the item, hooked it up to my phone and received a constant low buzz, regardless of whether it was plugged into the microphone jack or not. Flipping the switch from "Rec" to "Play" only made it louder. Also, whenever I pick-up any other phone in the house, the noise was almost unbearable. On notifying the seller, the item was promptly replaced with a new one. It had only slightly better results, but the noise was still there. I then purchased the OLYMPUS TP7, and was surprised beyond my expectations. This product was small, but had a crystal-clear recording with both sides of conversation being heard perfectly. It also works with cell phones and almost anything that you hold to your ear. It also comes with all the necessary audio adapters you might need! (3.5mm mono female to stereo male) Bottom-line, if you're looking for a clear recording, go with the OLYMPUS TP7!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says it does, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
I've been using this product for years and wore out two - I depend on this device for telephone interviews. It's so much easier to record the conversation than to try to write everything down. It would also be handy to record legal or harassing phone calls. The only drawback is you must use a phone with a handset - not a cordless or cellphone. Not a problem in an office, where I just leave the recorder hooked up all the time and am always ready to go.

2.0 out of 5 stars loud static whenever conversation stops, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
I bought this adapter because it was the one Amazon paired with my Sony recorder. The sound is good, the voices clear, AS LONG AS THERE IS CONVERSATION. As soon as the interview pauses, loud static builds in the intervale making transcribing total misery. I would not keep this unit except for the fact that returning it would cost almost as much as the purchase price. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS THING.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, February 16, 2009
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
There's not much to say about this product. It works the way it's supposed to. It would be nice, however, if it came with a couple of pieces of velcro so that you could stick it to the side of the telephone and out of the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as Advertised, March 18, 2009
Bryan M. Sheasby (Corona, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter (Personal Computers)
I don't know what to say except that it works as advertised. I never used it in the play mode. I only use it in the record mode and it works great.

Tt System Tele-recorder Adapter