Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 3, 2009
See the attached photo of the "hook-up diagram" furnished with this unit (image attached). I'm surprised that nobody seems to use cordless phones, because this item will work ONLY with the old fashioned corded type phones, using the handset jack, not the modular wall phone plug. I don't even own a corded phone anymore and rarely see them for sale, so unfortunately this gadget is useless to me. It would be very helpful to prospective buyers to first look at the "hook-up diagram" furnished with this item. I'm attaching an image for those cordless phone owners who are interested in recording their calls calls.
review image
44 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2008
For years I have used a suction cup device (removable telephone pick-up) to record interviews that I would write up later. Unfortunately for me, it do not record the last two interviews I did, which way stressed me out, and of course caused me a lot of embarrassment, headaches, and those stories aren't going to be as near good as they could have been. So I finally broke down and changed technology to this device. It is 100 times more dependable, and I now wish I had changed 20 years ago.

This allows you to record both your voice and the person you are speaking to, whereas the suction cup device really only records the voice of the person you're calling. You can sort of hear your voice, but just barely. Overall, that didn't really bother me, but occasionally, I would think, "Now what did I ask?"

If you are a writer doing interviews, this will meet your needs. I am very glad I bought this.
on March 11, 2007
This product won't win any beauty contests, but it does a great job interfacing with a standard telephone and any recording device with the appropriate jack. I use it for work and it's incredibly reliable.

It only records the left channel of audio, however, which makes any recording kinda lop-sided if you listen to it through headphones later. I have to admit: I've never tried the "play" setting and couldn't tell you if it works. But honestly: You're recording your phone call to a tape-deck/mp3 player/md recorder. You're probably going to end up using that machine's capabilities to play it back - not this adapter.

The level of the recording is just a bit quieter than you think it should be, but the quality is fine.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2007
A simple little device that does exactly what it is supposed to do. Can't say that about most products.
on October 17, 2008
I use this product to record telephone voicemails into computer sound files. It works well and is an excellent product. Earlier, I gave this product a bad review because the sound files were very noisey, but I discovered that the flaw was in my telephone. When I got a better phone, this product worked like a charm. I apologize for my earlier mistake!!!
88 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2011
I originally choose this item because I wanted a clear-as-possible recording. Because it connected directly in-line with the phone, it should have produced the clearest recording with minimal static/background noise, right? -- wrong! I received the item, hooked it up to my phone and received a constant low buzz, regardless of whether it was plugged into the microphone jack or not. Flipping the switch from "Rec" to "Play" only made it louder. Also, whenever I pick-up any other phone in the house, the noise was almost unbearable. On notifying the seller, the item was promptly replaced with a new one. It had only slightly better results, but the noise was still there. I then purchased the OLYMPUS TP7, and was surprised beyond my expectations. This product was small, but had a crystal-clear recording with both sides of conversation being heard perfectly. It also works with cell phones and almost anything that you hold to your ear. It also comes with all the necessary audio adapters you might need! (3.5mm mono female to stereo male) Bottom-line, if you're looking for a clear recording, go with the OLYMPUS TP7!!!
on November 17, 2010
I've been using this product for years and wore out two - I depend on this device for telephone interviews. It's so much easier to record the conversation than to try to write everything down. It would also be handy to record legal or harassing phone calls. The only drawback is you must use a phone with a handset - not a cordless or cellphone. Not a problem in an office, where I just leave the recorder hooked up all the time and am always ready to go.
on October 26, 2010
I bought this adapter because it was the one Amazon paired with my Sony recorder. The sound is good, the voices clear, AS LONG AS THERE IS CONVERSATION. As soon as the interview pauses, loud static builds in the intervale making transcribing total misery. I would not keep this unit except for the fact that returning it would cost almost as much as the purchase price. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS THING.
on February 16, 2009
There's not much to say about this product. It works the way it's supposed to. It would be nice, however, if it came with a couple of pieces of velcro so that you could stick it to the side of the telephone and out of the way.
on March 18, 2009
I don't know what to say except that it works as advertised. I never used it in the play mode. I only use it in the record mode and it works great.