4.0 out of 5 stars Priceless but Flawed
This is a rare collection of once-in-a-lifetime performances, enhanced by well-edited videography and spectacular surround sound. I'm very glad I bought it.

But it should have been so much more.

I'll get my negative criticisms out of the way up front:

- Too many performances are cut off or interrupted by interviews. With all the talk about...
Published on August 3, 2005 by R. D. Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars bluegrass instruments don't make it bluegrass
There are some great acoustic music superstars on this DVD. Sam Bush, Bela Fleck, Jerry Douglas, and Tim O'Brien are clearly at the top of their game. But, other than the one Hot Rize performance, this is not bluegrass in any traditional sense of the genre. It does present some really great extended jam band music, often with acoustic instruments commonly associated...
Published on April 21, 2006 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars complete bluegrass experience, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years (DVD)
This is the best bluegrass value I've seen and I'm generally not a big fan of this music experience. I purchased it as a gift for my banjo-playing husband and he has watched the DVD multiple times, downloaded the music, and generally said (several times) what a great gift it was! Some of the content he had looked for, but not found, elsewhere...so there was extra bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for bluegrass concert dvds that are out there (or lack thereof, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years (DVD)
Good jams, almost too much talking between songs but not as bad as some so called concert dvds that ruin it by not adding the talking as an extra. This one should have added the talking as extra but it is okay. Tom Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Performances... I think, April 18, 2007
This review is from: Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years (DVD)
How many times can you forget to mic the soloist? Well, watch this DVD and find out. The technical production is stunningly bad. That's really a shame since the performances are priceless. If the hippies running the show had put the joint down for long enough to take this a little more seriously, this could have been a gem. Instead we get the kind of stage support you'd expect at a high school dance. The backstage bits and interviews took a half hour of my life I'll never get back. It's hard to imagine they were interesting to anyone not directly involved. All those years I thought I should have driven up to Telluride for this festival. Clearly it's a party for musicians by musicians. Same your money gentle listener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bluegrass!, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years (DVD)
This is a compilation of great artists. They were having such a great time and it shows. The music goes right along with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars New to Bluegrass, August 7, 2006
DS (Santa Rosa, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years (DVD)
I don't know much about bluegrass or it's performers, but I really liked this concert............

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice overview of the festival and great music, September 11, 2005
This review is from: Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years (DVD)
Well, so far I haven't had the opportunity to go to Telluride so this new video is really a good one and gives a good picture on how great this festival is.

(it's even better than the first one, which had some incomplete performances).

Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years
Telluride Bluegrass Festival: 30 Years by Telluride Blue Grass Festival Thirty Years (DVD - 2005)
$19.98
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.