Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Temari Gifts: Japanese Thread Balls and Jewelry
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Perfect Paperback|Change

on July 12, 2010
Like I said, I have everyone's temari books and by far, Diana's are the most beautiful, colors are wonderful instructions are so precise and these books are a treasure to me. Temari Gifts is great!!!
on July 11, 2010
Every book that Diana published is better than the last.....the creativity is sinspirational...my techniques grow with every ball I make - the "Gift" book is exceptional.
on July 11, 2010
I found Temari Gifts a wonderful resource for gift ideas. It was easy to use and gave me some fun and creative presents to give away.
on July 11, 2010
Each of Vandervoort's books is better than the last one! I can barely wait for a new book, new designs, and new ideas. Her instructions are easy to follow and get better with each book. Her color schemes are beautiful and inspire me to try other colors to get different visual effects on my own balls.
on September 10, 2015
This well-intentioned book needed better editing and illustrations. It has some good info, but not the comprehensive survey that one gets from "Temari Techniques" by Barbara Suess. I say save your money.
on July 17, 2010
Diana's latest book is filled with beautiful illustrations and patterns. She truly has a gift for selecting color combinations that are pleasing to the eye. You simply cannot go wrong by using the same colors she uses for a project. By showing a pattern with alternate choices, Diana successfully demonstrates how colors impact the end result. It's amazing how different the same pattern can look. Whenever I look at patterns in this book, I know that it is more than okay to be creative and try a different color pallette. Diana is truly an inspiration to me whenever I pick up a pattern, select fibers, and start stitching. I cannot wait until her next book is published!
on July 15, 2010
I have been a fan and student of Diana's for more than four years. I find her instructions to be very carefully written with precision and detail. I learned the art of temari through Diana's early books and she has truly perfected her skills over the years. Unlike other authors, she has an exceptional eye for color. Her patterns always turn out beautiful and I hope that she continues writing books on this wonderful craft. I find her books to be the closest thing to the original Japanese temari books, only with Diana's I can completely follow the instructions. Thank you Diana!
on July 24, 2010
This is by far my favorite Temari book of all the books I own. The diagramming for the ball marking is exceptional, and it is the book I always have with me in my Temari bag to use as a reference guide when doing different markings. The balls are beautifully designed, and with each new book she publishes I learn more and more techniques. I can't recommend this book highly enough. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced Temari stitcher, this book is a must have on any Temari artist's bookshelf.
on June 16, 2010
Diana Vandernoort has published four books on Temari balls, I own all four of her books and have found all four to be difficult to use. I bought Temari Gifts because I was hoping to learn new designs that are not available in other books. In Temari Gifts, color photographs of mutliple temari balls are on pages 9 -20. Each temari ball on a page is assigned a number. In order to find instructions to specific temari ball you have to look on page 8, then locate the page you want with the number of the ball you are interested in(turn to page 8,then find page 11, number 3 to locate the page with the instructions). The page with the instructions for making the temari ball has a black and white picture of the temari ball, which is not useful when trying to follow the instructions. Having multiple pictures of the same temari ball made with different colors also distracts from the instructions. Her lexicon is unfamiliar to me making the instructions confusing and difficult to follow. Frequently the temari ball design is not apparent until the ball is almost finished, I have three balls that do not look like the color picture. Having a color photograph on the same page of the instructions would help. She should also have some one who does not know her lexicon test her instructions. I do not recommend this book.
55 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
Patterns are beautiful but instructions not as clear as another book I have.