Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NASA Temperature Regulating Cotton Blanket Oyster King - WHITE SALE
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 22, 2012
Wife and I are opposites. We let our house temperature fall to 60 degrees at night. I need a light blanket to sleep, she needs a lot of layers. We've tried heating blankets and pads, with multiple blanket layers, quilted comforters, everything, and could not come up with a set of bedding that we both liked. Until these outlast blankets.

They are amply large on our king size bed, can be tucked in at foot with lots at the head for her to "burrow", and plenty long enough for me at the sides so I don't get cold air wafting in when wife's burrowing takes some from my side.

I don't know how they work, but I stay warm and not too hot with one, usually, and she layers both our outlast blankets and a quilted coverlet and is warm. After trying one, we bought a second. Color as advertised, is machine washable in a standard sized washer. A great product.
on July 15, 2012
I've always had a problem with sweating at night. I'm a 24 year old woman and that's not exactly common for girls my age, but it's something I've suffered from for years. I bought this product, and I wasn't sure if it would actually work, but basically since it cost a lot I figured I'd give it a shot. It has totally changed my sleeping experience. I wake up 9 times out of 10 not sweating. I also share my bed with friends or my sister sometimes, and none of them have complained about being cold, so it's obviously providing optimal temperature performance for all parties. It's also very soft and perfectly oversized, so I'm never tugging or pulling at corners-even though I have a king sized bed.
on August 4, 2013
This blanket is very thin compared to other blankets, so we were skeptical... it definitely keeps you warmer than you'd think since it is so thin. We were looking forward to the 'keeps you cool' aspect as well, but we've not found that it does keep you cool like others have said.
on May 31, 2013
Great weight blanket and no problem with size and fit. It has a three dimensional open weave fabric that snagged taking it out of the package! We need light blankets here in south Florida ( no acrylic or polyester) but the drawback for the open weave cotton is unlimited snagging.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2012
I have one word to describe this product, FANTASTIC! I had never heard of a temperature regulating blanket until I did a search for blankets on Amazon. Ordered this in the King Size, and it fits our new bed nicely. There is even plenty of room to tuck under on the sides, and end of the bed. We have found we need to use less bedding with it. It keeps the bed perfectly warm as the temperature gets very cold at night here. My wife is no longer suffering from night sweats, and I have no doubt it will keep us both nice and cool during the hot summer months. The blanket is machine washable, and can be dried in the dryer on air fluff setting only. We washed it the same day we received it; no problem. It is the most we have ever paid for a blanket, but it is definitely worth it!
on July 6, 2013
1st of all, it fits our KING bed nicely. 2nd, it does the trick at keeping us both comfortable. 3rd, it's soft, light & comfortable.
I was leary when I saw the package, but we love it especially for the summer months! We are both tempermental & have 3 pups that climb in bed with us, so we really enjoy the temperature thing. The only complaint I have is that it "pulls" or "snags" super-duper easy! Like I said, we have 3 dogs & when they wrestle it easily gets snagged. I've learned to throw an extra sheet over it to protect it, but still I already have several snags. I've only had this a couple of weeks but so far...It does a great job.
on December 16, 2013
Awesome blanket and I didn't think it would work. I don't know what it is about they way it is woven together, but I dont get hot in the summer and don't get clod in the winter. I sleep with a directional fan a few feet from my head and some mornings I wake up with my head freezing but the blanket keeps my body at a constant and warm temperature. I find that all my pets seem to find their way under my blanket by the time I wake up in the morning.

i don't really know if they are made by NASA or not but I would love to find the manufacturer and buy direct in order to save a few bucks. If they were not soo expensive, I would buy them for all my rooms!!!
on March 27, 2011
Now we love the blanket / sheets with outlast. I ran across the outlast fabric in a copy of Sky Mall (i know i know) and found it being used here on Amazon. I didn't tell the wife anything about the fabric and she noticed the difrance in the first week. Well worth the money. Side note we also ordered the sheet set love it just the same.
on February 20, 2014
We put this blanket on the bed wondering if it would keep us warm enough on cold nights, and it works as advertised. The blanket feels light weight, but keeps you warm without getting too hot.
I bought it on sale, I'm not sure I'd pay full price for it though.
on May 2, 2013
I have been melting at night, and haven't even reached menopause yet.

We needed a new blanket anyway, so decided to try this. SOOOO glad we did! This blanket in combination with the natural latex pillows with holes have given me the most comfortable nights of sleep I've had in awhile.

Kept me cool yet covered. Bliss!!