Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on May 6, 2014
I am a home health nurse and at first I did not think I was going to like this product as it seemed to give either very high or very low readings. What I have found is that the thermometer needs to be at room temperature prior to taking the temperature so I take it out of my bag on arrival to a home and then in a few minutes it takes an accurate temperature without having to touch it to the patient.
33 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2014
The thermometer seems to do the job, that is in measuring our kids temperature. I only have 2 minor issues with it:

1. The main button you press to measure the temperature is a bit flimsy/loose, but no big deal.

2. There does not seem to be a way to turn off the beeping sound when it takes temperature. This becomes an issue if you're measuring a sleeping kids temperature and do not want to disturb/wake them.

March 2014 Update, I got the latest version of their Thermometer and it does have a switch to turn off the beeping. Great customer service as well!
11 comment|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2013
This thermometer makes a huge difference. If you have ever been up all night with a sick child you know how difficult it can be to check and recheck their temp to see if it's going up or down. One of my kids has the tendency to have high fevers which I need to control with cool compresses and fever reducers. It's imperative that I monitor her fever every 30 minutes or so. It has been a challenge in the past to get an accurate reading. The ear thermometer I used had an unreliable reading which I had to check and recheck. The oral thermometer was next to impossible but what I ultimately relied on. Monitoring the temp was a challenge to say the least. It makes a world of difference to be able to monitor while she sleeps. This thermometer has a memory to show the history of the temp through the night. So far I have no negatives to report. This thermometer works very well for me. The company stands behind their product with a "no hassle product replacement guarantee". It has enhanced my life in ways that only a 'care giver' can appreciate.
on January 29, 2015
I ordered this thinking it would be great considering my kids are 1, 3 & 4...getting them to hold still is a challenge & they really dislike holding still long enough to use the under the arm typical thermometer. It arrived yesterday & became very apparent that most of the great 5 star reviews on this product were bought :-( I put the batteries in it & let it sit while I read the instructions. It said to let it be at room temperature before trying to take a temp. So I did. I let it sit for a good 15 min before trying to use it. I then had my 1yo (that is currently sick) lay still, I changed the mode to body, I changed the setting to F & held about 1.5" away from her forehead (where indicated on the instructions) & pressed the button. It tried to tell me she was at 95.6.....ya, I could tell with my hand that was not true. I let it sit a few seconds in between scans & got readings from 95.6 - 105.2. I pulled out the under the arm thermometer & waited. It said 102.2. I scanned her head until I got that temp (about 12x). Then I waited a min & scanned the same place & got a completely different temp, sigh! How on earth am I supposed to know when to give my child medicine or take them to the hospital if I can't even get the same reading twice?!?! I then went through the same process on my 4yo.....same problem. My husband came home later & we went through the same process on him....same problem. Then my 15yo, same process, same problem. To say that I was frustrated & disappointed would be an understatement! But, stuff happens...I told my husband, I'll return it & get one that you have to swipe across the forehead. So I got on this am to get the return paperwork....it's not eligible for return! Shame on me I guess for not looking before we bought, but I've honestly never had anything that I've needed to return not be returnable. In fact I think in the entire time we've ordered from Amazon, I've only returned like 3 things. So now, I am out $40+ and still have to buy a thermometer :-(
66 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
We have several thermometers ones that go in the ear, mouth, or rub over the head. We purchased this for our daughter and she love it, we can take her temperature without waking her at night. It seems to be as accurate as several of the other thermometers that we own.
on May 29, 2014
I work as a physical therapist in home health. While I understand the importance of taking acurate vitals to make sure my patients aren't acutely ill, I also resent the time it takes for me to collect this information rather than using the time for PT. This thermometer gives me a way to collect a patient's temperature in less than a second - really. It's really accurate and I don't have to take time to clean it every time I use it because it never comes in contact with the patient. Thanks to my Tempir thermometer (and a couple other gadgets, like an automatic bp cuff and pulse oxymeter), vitals now take me less than two minutes, so I can spend more time providing the PT my patients actually want and need and less time "doing vitals."
on October 28, 2013
After reviewing many thermometers, decided to purchase the Tempir. The description was spot on. It's easy to use, has big bright LCD numbers making it easy to read, can switch to Fahrenheit or Celsius, shuts off on its own, and only takes a matter of seconds to get a reading. Overall a great product for a great price! Would definitely recommend.
on September 9, 2014
Works great in our family. We tested it against an in mouth thermometer and it was very accurate. Just make sure to warm it up to room temperature. Many have stated its great for toddlers, but it works great for teens as well. With folks in our house getting sick occasionally, its great not to have to worry about wiping off a thermometer with an alcohol swab.
on December 14, 2013
What a fantastic thermometer. I did not realize that such infrared items even existed let alone that they are available for home use. What a great deal.
on October 11, 2014
I was initially afraid to get this thermometer. However,I got it and it works well. I compared it with an oral thermometer and it correlated very well. This thermometer makes the oral and ear thermometers obsolete. It was delivered promptly.