Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 27, 2013
I purchased this tank back in March of 2012. It dumped about five gallons of fuel between the gate valve and the tank shell in about one week of time. Little did we know since we were on vacation. I used it to store 29 gallons of emergency fuel for a generator in a cool spot on a wooden deck in my garage. We returned only to find a both wet and dry residues of fuel under one of our vehicles which covered half of a two car garage.

After reporting it to the manufacturer and alerting Amazon, they sent me a new tank shell to replace the defective leaking valve joint. I had to change the hose and wheels over, but no issue since it was a tested and verified new tank. I was a bit nervous about re-filling the tank, so I waited several months. I March of this year I started slowly re-filling this tank with the maximum 29 gallons. It sat without any leaks for a few months. Last week I started smelling the gas odor in my garage as the temperature increased outside over a one week period - near 90 deg. F.

Last night the odor was very bad, so I checked the tank again - sure enough it's leaking in the exact same place between the gate valve and tank shell. In fact, I was able to peel the Teflon sealant from the thread. It appeared to decompose when subjected to heat and fuel (maybe 110 deg. F) in my garage over time. This combined with internal pressure disrupts the seal and the leaking begins.

Also note that the manufacturer told me to NOT-VENT the tank in my garage, and that it should be kept sealed. I still have the original email from them. I've sent an email to them again and made Amazon well aware of the situation. This tank is faulty, it appears that it was not tested to extreme temperature and heat over extended periods of time. This is a serious safety issue and an accident waiting to happen with customers who purchase the tank for long term fuel storage -IT SHOULD NOT BE SOLD FOR THIS PURPOSE AND THE BUYER NEEDS TO BE MADE AWARE OF THIS POTENTIAL HAZZARD.

I will no longer purchase these type of tanks for fuel storage - maybe a steel upright tank would work better. Anyway, I hope Amazon closely investigates this issue and that the manufacturer is made aware and works on a corrective action. It was an expensive $400+ investment and thrill ride.
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2011
Updating my July 2011 review. After replacing the nozzle (which was leaking at the pivot joint) with a heavy commercial grade gun, and more importantly repairing two different leaks at the ball valve location (joints between the tank and the ball valve), I just cannot recommend this product. Though it all works well now and it does not have any leaks (yet) be cautious before you buy and if you are not willing to make repairs with this tank DON'T BUY IT, no one should have to make repairs on something that could be potentially dangerous anyway. OTHERWISE for what I use it for it works very well.
on August 1, 2011
I love this thing. I have figured that I am saving about $50.00 every time I fill this thing cause the gas stations at the lake jack the price up about $1.60 per gallon. I just put this in the back of my truck and fill it when I get the chance. It sits in my shed until I need it. I just wheel it out onto the dock and fill the boat up. It's that simple.

The only issue is getting it out of the truck cause it weighs about 250 pounds when full. I bought an ATV ramp and just wheel it down that. It works like a charm. Just be aware, the thing is heavy when full of fuel.

I figure it will pay for itself after 8 fill-ups. What are you waiting for? Quit paying the mark-up and get one of these things!
on October 27, 2012
Keep in mind that gasoline weighs approx. 6.073 pounds per US Gallon

Pros: Stores plenty of fuel. Provides you with plenty of challenges (weight, storage, wife thinking you're crazy). I love this tank! I stored some fuel when Gas prices were in the $3 range and was able to use it when it jumped up to $5.
It's got wheels.

Cons: does not come with a pump. So you have to elevate the tank in order to use up all of the stored fuel.
It gets really heavy really quick.
on February 11, 2016
Although semi-useful, I would not buy this again or recommend it in the first place. This is expensive for the level of quality in it. It is a strong tank with nice wheels and good hose. However, the first tank I received leaked badly at the lower hose connection point. Had to lay the tank down to prevent leakage. Amazon replaced it for free. Second one also had a similar but slower leak. Hence I have to lay it down for storage and decided to just live with it rather than hassle with another replacement which will probably also leak. The nozzle swivel has developed a terrible leak when the valve is closed and I need to hold the hose high enough to prevent out flow through the swivel. I removed the pin and checked to swivel O-Ring and seal surfaces. There is no damage so the O-ring shrank to allow such rapid leakage. I am looking for a replacement o-ring but until then it leaks A LOT of gasoline every time I shut the valve until I raise the handle above the tank. Whatever you are filling needs to be lower than the tank (fuel level in the tank really but will be really slow) for fuel to flow. Overall not great and even dangerous. Have resorted to using plenty of smaller gas cans.
on August 9, 2013
Great product, The price is very high but does everything it says it will. Very good quality product. The wheels could be larger. It would help when moving when full of fuel. But still a good product.
on July 5, 2013
My son-n-law, who uses this caddy to fill our jet ski and pontoon gives it very high marks. My brother-in-law said it is one of the two best brands of fuel caddies on the market and he will buy one like it when his current older one is retired from service.
on August 20, 2014
I'm totally pissed off! Not 4 months after buying this and just letting it sit on its backside in my garage this dam thing started leaking for no reason whatsoever! Of course the 30 day exchange on amazon expired so I had to contact the company. Im still waiting for the replacement. I spent all day today trying to transfer the 29 gallons into other gas cans without luck! apparently i need to lift this SOB at least 10' in the air to get it to gravity feed, gas all over my downhill slanted driveway. No siphon mechanism like my smaller 14 gallon tank which I used to fill up my truck this morning no problem!! All this to save a few bucks even though this SOB cost $500!!! Go to Big R or some other farming/ranching store and get the dam metal tank and pump - I swear it will be money well spent! This is BS. I'm going to get my peter puller to lug this on my truck tailgate and suffer the leakage to salvage what gas is left! Don't give me BS that this is for marine use only!
on April 28, 2014
Easy to use and great quality. I did alter the the hose a bit though. I felt the hose was vulnerable to being damaged by something bumping into it where it was coming straight out of the tank. So I added a 90 degree brass fitting between the ball valve and the hose giving it a lower profile. Probably not necessary, but it made me feel better.
on June 20, 2013
Yep, it is a heavy one if you fill to capacity and will need to people or a ramp to unload. But even at 10-12 gallons it is very handy for by boat. I also ordered a rotary pump to allow for normal pumping (otherwise it is gravity feed only) which is handy for motorcycles, or just a quick fix if you've run the car to close to empty. Seems pricey but when you get it the sturdy construction makes it worth it.