5.0 out of 5 stars Another homerun from the Kings of California, November 29, 2011
This review is from: The Temporary Mrs. King (Mass Market Paperback)
I love Maureen Child's Kings of California, and The Temporary Mrs. King was a great addition to the series. Sean King is tasked with convincing an old man to sell the Kings a prime piece of Caribbean island real estate, after two of his brothers failed. On his first night on the island, he's approached by the old man's beautiful granddaughter with a very unusual proposal - She says they should get married. Her grandfather will sell Sean the land he wants if they're family, and she'll get access to the trust fund that will allow her to launch her own business. The marriage is supposed to be temporary - two months, no more - but as they get to know each other, they both realize that they may have stumbled into the love of their lives.

I loved watching Sean and Melinda get to know each other, and the island setting was the perfect escape from these cold winter days. Maureen Child is an auto-buy for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, November 3, 2013
Really well written book. The author writes a great story. I would read her books anytime. Keep up the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nats, September 27, 2013
My mother said u can't hurry love, u just have to wait, cause love will come easy no matter how long it takes…this is true. I love the King's men of California books great series. Ben King has lots of sons out of wedlock, he never married not one of his may babymothers. But this story is about the charming younger son- Sean. He's known as the closer in business deals but this time he gets the biggest surprise of his life.…a marriage proposal…he almost swallowed his tongue. This a great read cause one minute u think u have figure it out u get a curve ball.…

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read.., February 18, 2015
Trish R. (JACKSONVILLE, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
So, I just hate when someone is mourning someone who's dead and refuses to let go of that person. It's like they feel the need to worship at that dead person's alter. It's like they believe that person was perfect and usually that can't be further from that truth. I mean, Melinda couldn't even accept her feelings for Sean because of the past. Really? And from her memories of Steven he was nothing but an ass. I'me at 66% now and she's finally coming around.

That being said, I loved this story. And I can't even take any stars away for Melinda's terrible thinking. And, as it turns out, Steven was more than just an ass. I loved her and Sean, or any King will do. It was nice seeing Rafe, Lucas, Katie and Rose again. And the sex, as usual, was very, very nice.

So, let me just say this and get it over with, before it drives me crazy. You know when someone gives a sarcastic "ya' think?" Personally, I think that's a really cute question. But every time I see it in a book it's "you think?" That is wrong, wrong, wrong! And it's sounds stupid when it's written that way. If you're going to use a slang phrase use it the right way. Just sayin...
Now I feel better. Luke said that to Sean and it sounded stupid because it was written wrong.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, January 4, 2012
A. Wolfe (Vancouver, WA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my kindle after reading several others in this series. I liked it...reading Sean's story was the good part...the book was a little rushed for me personally. Overall worth the read

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, March 23, 2014
The opening words had me cracking up, and it didn't stop there, either. This is a great series and I have read all the stories up to this point. I would highly recommend this book, as well as all the other books in this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars all the Kings Books, March 19, 2014
Same revue for all the Kings Books the where very ease to read and very interesting said all I want to in my first

5.0 out of 5 stars so sweet, July 18, 2013
Finney (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
Sean King was a calm, cool and collected ladies man. He loved woman and never intended to settle for just one, until he met Melinda Standford. She was different to all the women he dated. She was grieving the loss of her fiancé and just wanted a temporary husband for two months. I don't want to give away the whole story, so I won't go into detail. I'll just say this book was similar to the other King books, but that's why I love them. It was so sweet and definitely worth reading. I just love all the King of California stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE TEMPORARY MRS. KING, January 23, 2013
Hope "Jaize" (The Emerald Isle of the Caribbean) - See all my reviews
This was an okay read for me. The two main characters had their own plans but you can't change love. Making all the bargains in the world won't change the fact that the heart wants what the heart wants.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great quick romance, February 9, 2012
THE TEMPORARY MRS. KING is a marriage of convenience story and a great one. What starts out as just a business deal for both Sean and Melinda. The sparks fly immediately but neither wants to admit there could actually be sparks or rather that the sparks could mean more than lust. The story is engaging fast paced and fun. This is part of Mrs. Child's Kings of California series and if you've read these books before you know the King men are something else. If you are a fan of quick reads and of course marriages of convenience stories then you need to add THE TEMPORARY MRS. KING to your reading pile today. I loved this one and can't wait for more! Awesome job Mrs. Child!!

review can also be found at My Book Addiction And More.com

The Temporary Mrs. King
The Temporary Mrs. King by Maureen Child (Mass Market Paperback - November 29, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.01