4.0 out of 5 stars a great break-up read, March 24, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
I came across Jill James book, during a moment of temporary insanity. What attracted me was the title, Tempting Adam. I was blurred eyed, crying like a fool, eyes fat with tears, stumbling around my apartment in a stupor, because my boyfriend, oh, that's a correction, my just newly ex-boyfriend had dumped me for his boss. That's not a miss spelling. He dumped me for his boss, who's a guy.
So you can understand my sudden interest in a book with the title Tempting Adam! My roommate had me locked and chained in our apartment to keep me from transforming into a werewolf, and doing something that, I'd really really regret. Maybe not regret, but would land me in jail for life. To appease my sense of injustice, what else was there to do, but surf Amazon looking for something to read and download on the Kindle Adam gave me for my birthday. I trashed everything he gave me, by tossing his carp out the car window as I drove down the Jersey Turnpike, near the Western Spur southbound ramp. Watch out for debris in the roadway. The Kindle was saved because it was the best gift he ever gave me, and I can't afford to replace it.
I digress, so back to the book. The setting is Hollywood, a far cry from Jersey. I've never been to Hollywood, and this took me into a different world, where Adam was a really good guy, and better looking than my Adam, oops, my ex-Adam. At first I didn't like Yvette Giardino, but she redeem herself. I still hated her throughout the story, because she's too pretty to like. There's a crazy half-sister that makes my sisters look like sweet little darlings. My eyes dried up, and I stopped feeling sorry for myself, and was so engrossed in the story, and the hot sex scenes, I forgot about my ex. Hopefully this tiny moment of delight will last, at least until tomorrow, or maybe the next day.
I guess this is where I recommend the book. I recommend it as a great break-up read. It distracted me from my howling stomping pity party and the fact I was dumped for a guy. If only there were more guys in real life like Adam St. Eden. Love the name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very layered, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
"She'd done the unthinkable and fallen in love with her target." I really enjoyed Jill James's Tempting Adam. It has a mouth-watering hero, confident but yet vulnerable heroine, and secondary characters who were complex and engaging. Each line was carefully crafted to create a larger-than-life Hollywood studio world, emotionally charged interactions, and smoking hot chemistry. I loved seeing individuals who were hurt and cautious find joy. A great debut!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did wait so long to read this?!, June 19, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
When this book first came out, I heard about it and bought. I had some other things loaded on my Kindle that I wanted to read first, thinking 'I'll get to it'. Why did I wait?

This was such a good read. I enjoy sticky situations that sizzle, and this is the case between Yvette and Adam. Curl up on your sofa with some tea or coffee, or even a glass of wine. Get comfortable. Once you start, the beautiful descriptions and tight writing will keep you turning the pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, February 17, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
got this book yesterday and just had to read it all the way through it had a great storyline and the people just came alive for me as i read it.would definetly reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tempting Adam by Jill James, August 13, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
The characters in Tempting Adam were very well drawn. All the way through this story I was pulling for Adam St. Eden and Yvette Giardino to find their happy ending. There were some unexpected surprises in this story. Right from the start the physical attraction steamed up and never let down.

I would read more books by Ms. James.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut!, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
Jill's debut novel is a fun, sexy read with a feisty heroine who reveals a heartwarming vulnerability at the end. And Adam is, among other things, hot! I'm really looking forward to Jill's next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little mystery, romance and a lot of sex, May 12, 2011
Reviewer Karen
Source: PDF from author for review

When I first saw the blurb for Tempting Adam, I thought it would be a quick and easy contemporary read. And, I was curious as to why the publisher gave it a `hot' rating. I soon found out!

Yvette has been hired to ensure that Adam fails at running St. Eden Studios and is ousted as CEO. It's what she does. But how far is she willing to go and what is she willing to do? This time the stakes are higher. This time her heart is involved.

Adam has inherited St. Eden Studios upon the death of his father. Adam assumes the position of CEO, but is governed by a Board of Directors. He needs to prove himself capable of running the studio. The Board has been given the authority to hire an assistant for Adam, given that he has no corporate experience. Enter Yvette. But, why was she selected?

There's a lot going on in this story. There's a little mystery, a few twists, a little romance, and a lot of sex. And, my first thought that it would be a quick and easy contemporary read was correct. Overall, I enjoyed it. Was all the sex integral to the story? I'm not sure. Would I read it again? Yes. It's a `busy' story - I want to read it again to see what I might have missed. Would I recommend it? Yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and Tempting, March 30, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
I love the way Jill James weaves a tale, and has us fall in love with the characters (well, mostly the hero, but who can blame me?). Well crafted and kept me interested. This is a great read for this debut author, and someone to watch. It would be a perfect book to take on a little stolen weekend.

I've also read her free read on her blogs and website, and have to say, oh boy! Can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot and Tempting, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Tempting Adam (Kindle Edition)
Oh boy, Yvette doesn't know what she's getting into when she takes on the job of bringing down Adam and his studio. Corporate raiding was never this complicated...or sizzling hot before! A great read with plenty of emotion, intrigue, and did I already mention the hot sex?! Looking forward to more of Ms. James' work.

Tempting Adam