Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tempting Love - Haley & Eddie (Crossroads, Book 5)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 13, 2015
I liked this book but since I hadn't read the previous Crossroads books I got kind of confused with all of the sisters/cousins/inlaws. There were just soooo many!
All in all, it was a good book. It flowed nicely, had a easy reading style and characters who were likable but they did get annoying after a while. I get that Eddie is trying to protect his daughter but surely he realizes Haley is a Mommy stand-in. And Haley, UGH! Pining over Eddie for years? She was almost stalkerish. Not dating, buying a house across the street? That was kind of weird.
I liked both the H and h but the author could have toned down Haley's obsession a tad.
I think the wrap up with Lacey was just too clean and abrupt. It barely made it two sentences in the last chapter.
I will probably read the rest in the series if the price is right but wouldn't run right out and purchase them.
on April 8, 2014
Melanie Shawn is one of my favorite authors. The stories takes you with them, they are well written, the flow of the story is pleasant, the characters likable and real. And Tempting Love is no different from that.
It is heart breaking, with Haley's years of waiting and Eddie's self sacrifice because of his daughter. But it is also sweet, steamy, adorable, HOT -- when they finally cross the line and come together. Absolutely a enjoyable read!
on February 24, 2015
Omg, I rolled my eyes so much reading this book. I mean #spoiler, what woman (successful one at that) would wait 4 years on a man that lives ACROSS THE STREET and you babysit for him when he goes out for his monthly booty call. I know there's another review with the same complaint, but I thought "Hey, it can't be that bad". It nearly was. So, why the three stars, 1) the price 2) it was something to read and held my interest even if I did skim a couple of times 3) one little twist I did not see coming and 4) I wanted to be able to write an honest review. I appreciate the fact that it was not a cliffhanger and the editing was great. I'll give this author another try, I mean hopefully she hasn't done anything more "eye rolling" than this.
on April 7, 2014
Another stunning book in the Crossroads Series!

After his fiancée runs off a few months after the birth of his daughter, single Dad Eddie Thomas is making the best life he can for his daughter Emily. The towns former bad boy in his youth, has reformed his wild ways and always makes sure his Daughter Emily is number one priority in his life and everything else takes second and last place.

After finishing College four years prior and returning to Harper's Crossing, Hayley takes on the role as not only clothing designer for her friend Amber, while being a lifelong friend of Eddie, Haley also babysit's for Emily on any occasion Eddie requires it. Friends since childhood they have a bond that has stood the test of time.

Haley develops stronger feelings for Eddie albeit she keeps it to herself. What she doesn't realise is Eddie is fighting his inner turmoil - his attraction to Haley. Unbeknownst to Haley, Eddie refuses to indulge in his feelings, for fear of jeopardising the relationship between Haley and his daughter for his own needs or wants and with the surprise visit of someone completely unexpected, their world gets turned well and truly upside down.

I cannot recommend this book enough! The character interactions are intense, uplifting, sizzling and outright astounding!
Eddie and Haley's chemistry is absolutely through the roof and written to perfection! With their mutual attraction you couldn't help but be smitten with their story.

It was really well written the way Haley and Eddie explore just what their relationship is while at the same time their first priority was always his daughter Emily. Also fantastic was how the Harper's Crossing favourites made an appearance as well. Krista, Riley, Chelle, Amber, Seth, Justin, Katie, Alex, Jamie and even Grandpa J - all of Harper's Crossing's favourites make an appearance and rally around making their impressions known!

I have not been disappointed by a book in The Crossroads Series and this one is no different. A truly magnificent read!
5 Stars
*ARC Received from the Author for an honest review
on May 14, 2014
Tempting Love is a straightforward story. Haley has been in love with her neighbor Eddie for years, however, Eddie has swore off relationships for the sake of his young daughter Emily. You can probably imagine what happens with the storyline. I did enjoy the story but at the same time it is too predictable and lacks intensity. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a simple love story, but simple could sometimes mean forgettable. A little too mundane and not enough plot/character development for my taste.
on March 2, 2015
This was a sweet story but not exciting. I didn't love the heroine Haley. She has had a crush on single Dad Eddie for over 4 years. 4 long years and she never had any other relationship because she was so hung up on this guy. I'm just not into stories where the leading lady is pining over the so called hero. He was worried about doing what's best for his daughter but c'mon already. Really? This woman takes care of you and your daughter and clearly loves her and it takes a majority of the book for him to pull his head out of his ass to realize what's right in front of him.

Just not my kind of love story.
on March 19, 2015
The angst of the H was like every other cookie cutter romance. Unrealistic and a poor plot line to make his bad qualities acceptable. The h was too perfect, patient and bland. I wanted to slap a little reality and self respect into her. I wanted her to actually have "character", not just be one. I've read one other book by this author (from the Hope Falls series) and I enjoyed it. I'll probably try another book from that line and leave the crossroads to others.
on April 10, 2014
I enjoyed this book very much. I just love the Crossroads series. I have read all of this so far and I look forward to the next story with Krista and Chase. I like the continued story that you see that dips into the other couples. It's just enough to keep you up to date. I love Eddie and his love for his daughter. He's a good dad and I'm glad he finally gets his sh-- together and realizes what he really wants and needs.
on March 18, 2015
Sorry, but not a fan of this type of heroine...quietly waiting in the shadows, pining for the hero, not dating at all. Wish Haley was stronger, not waiting around for years for Eddie. She doesn't mind watching him "date" other women, actually she's not jealous at all. Her sister can't even understand Haley's choices.
on May 17, 2015
This is one of those books you can easily read over a day when you just want to escape for a while.

I have not read any of the other books in this series but after reading this I will definitely be checking them out.

Eddie is a solo father of his sweet daughter Emily. After his ex walked on both of them when she was just a toddler he has been completely focused on being the best father he can be.

Haley is cousin to Eddie' bet friend Riley, which means she is off limits to him. He has several FWB in the next town that he visits when he needs to let off some steam. Haley kindly babysits for him when he does that.

Haley has a huge crush on Eddie, she looks after his daughter, cleans his house and does anything else she can to help them out. She is convinced that one day Eddie will realise she is everything he wants - yeah right.

Eddie does have a growing attraction towards Haley but is determined to behave.

Haley and Emily share a special bond too. In fact you could almost look at them and think they are a loving family, without the intimacy part between Haley and Eddie.

These two just need to open their hearts and minds and see what is right there within their grasp before it's too late.