Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 19, 2011
I've tried various "memory foam" cushions thinking that the difference between Tempur-Pedic and memory foam would be minimal. I was mistaken.
When I first received the parcel it seemed much too light to provide adequate cushioning and dissapointment started to set in. But as soon as I tried the cushion out on my favorite chair I knew this cushion was something special. It is by far the most comfortable seat cushion I've had. Even though it is very light there is no "bottoming out" (pun intended), just pure comfort.
55 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2012
As a helicopter pilot, I use this seat cushion for up to 8 hours a day to reduce fatigue and prevent back, leg, and knee pains. It's a lifesaver for those purposes, but it has a few design flaws. I considered buying an Oregon Aero seat cushion with the added lumbar support ($250 total and long wait for delivery) but chose this one because of the price.

Likes:
Very comfortable for sitting long periods of time. Durable so far. The cushion hasn't broken down at all over the past 6 months of use.

Dislikes:
A bit too thick. Slippery cover causes the cushion to slide around on seat, especially leather seats. It feels like sitting on a wood plank in cold weather (below 50 degrees F), so if you leave it in a cold car overnight, you won't like it in the morning. A built-in lumbar support (like the Oregon Aero product) would be nice also.
on December 16, 2011
I have a "task" chair (office chair without arms), which was becoming more and more uncomfortable all the time. This cushion is great--firm but "cushy." I even put it in the car for our recent 600 mile trip--very comfortable. I like it so much, I'm about to order one for my husband.
on October 7, 2011
Had one of these before and pretty much wore it out from heavy use due to being able to sit for hours and be comfortable! Highly recommend.
on April 22, 2012
I had a herniated lumbar and this cushion was so incredibly comfortable, it made sitting bearable again. I just wish this came in more colors, particularly black!
on November 7, 2011
Need a "wider" cushion. This one didn't cut it for me but at least my spouse can use it! Do they make a wider one?
44 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2014
These are great cushions in the car or on a dining chair or in the office. My husband and I both preferred the original shape vs. this new version, but it's still a great cushion. This version feels more dense, is thicker, and has a forced sitting position because of the molding. The others could be shifted around and sat on in any position easier. But since this is what there is now, we buy them and use them and are still pretty happy with them.
on November 15, 2014
Ive noticed the price steadily creeping up on this tempurpedic seat cushion on amazon. Mom's doctor recommended this by name to alleviate the pain from her frequent dubiquitous ulcers. At first I was skeptical, but after she had used this in her power recliner for just a week, her wound started to heal on its own. Amazing! It had never done this before. Usually we had to make several trips to the wound care center. The only other thing we did was apply silvadine burn creme to the wound 3 days a week aster her baths. Highly recommend for the handicapped.
on March 31, 2016
If you have SI pain, low back pain, or IT band pain this is worth a shot. I have all three and it made a huge difference for me. When I'm having a flare up, I use it whenever I sit, but when I'm doing well, I only use it at work.

FYI, the cushion fits perfectly in these bags: Liberty Bags Adult Large Tote with Zipper Closure (8802). I carry it in the bag to sporting events and on planes/trains. You don't even need to take it out of the bag to use it, so it becomes very portable. It's very lightweight, but without the bag, it's kind of awkward to lug around.

Only downside is it doesn't hold up as long as Tempur-Pedic advertises. It gets squished down if you use it a lot and I replace mine once a year or so.
on August 7, 2012
This cushion is very comfortable and supportive. It makes sitting in a car for long periods of time easy to deal with. It takes the pressure off your spine. Going to buy another one!