5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful movie

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute
Published on October 6, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful movie, August 8, 2009
This review is from: Ten Inch Hero (DVD)
I had seen some very funny clips of this movie and had been wanting to see it. I, like some of the other reviewers, was very afraid that this would be just a low budget flop. That the funny clips I had seen was the main part of the show. Happily, that was not so. It turned out to be a very funny, touching movie. It was good enough that my husband stopped playing on the computer and watched it with me. This is definitely a movie that I will be watching over and over and I feel sure that some of it will be quoted in the near future on my Facebook.
One more thing. This is NOT something that most people would want to watch with kids around. There are a couple of explicit scenes.
Two thumbs up!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll Wish You Worked There..., April 15, 2009
This review is from: Ten Inch Hero (DVD)
The best thing about this movie is the relationships between the characters. They feel REAL, and connected. They call each other on their bad decisions but are supportive and loving anyway. The acting is excellent, the cast chemistry an excellent mix...bottom line: THIS is the new go-to girls' night flick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Movie!!!, April 16, 2009
This review is from: Ten Inch Hero (DVD)
OK. This movie is amazing. I love it. I just saw it recently and I have told everyone I know that they have to buy it!! I originaly watched it because Jensen Ackles was in it, but as I watched it I fell in love with all of the characters. Totally worth buying, I preordered my copy moments after I watch the movie. Must see! If I could give it more stars I would without a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, heartwarming and sweet, February 1, 2013
This review is from: Ten Inch Hero (DVD)
This is an older film that I caught recently on television and just had to have in my library. Fortunately I was able to find it on Amazon (they usually come through). This film is just about people; no magic, no guns, no flim flam, no special effects or adventure. All of those things have their place too. But this film does not need them. It just tells the story of indivduals getting through life and helping each other through the process. It is quite lovely.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Sandwich Place I Wish was Around the Corner, November 7, 2010
Every once in a while I like to find an obscure movie title, with a few "familiar" but not super-mainstream faces, with the hopes that I'll be entertained. Seems the movies that are heavily promoted these days (not all but some) miss the mark entirely, yet little projects like this seem to be overlooked but are better made, have more character development, etc...Ten Inch Hero is an independent romantic comedy film from 2007. Yeah, romantic comedy with all that that entails. The film was directed by David Mackay and written by Betsy Morris. The Ten Inch Hero of the title refers to a large submarine sandwich; as the majority of the characters we're introduced to work in a little sandwich place based in Santa Cruz.

The story revolves mainly around a young art student Piper played by Elisabeth Harnois. She is pleasant, playful, and lovely. She's moved there with the intention of looking for her daughter (she'd given up for adoption 8 years ago) and based on the little details given to her by the woman adopting she believes she's found Julia (her daughter). Piper gets a job at local sandwich shop and meets the other employees; Jen (Clea DuVall), a shy but kind girl who has an email romance with a stranger known as Fuzzy22. If you watched ANY of the teen movies from the 90's you'll recognize her. Tish (Danneel Harris) is a sexually audacious, emotionally disconnected but beautiful young woman doing her best to avoid love. Priestly (Jensen Ackles-from Supernatural) is the free-spirited goth of the gang, donning his outspoken screen t's and a colorful mohawk, who uses humor and sarcasm to disguise his own feelings and emotions. The shop is owned by Trucker, a surfer child of the '60s who's in love with Zo, the mysterious woman and owner from the shop across the street. Tucker himself isn't all that he seems. Interestingly Jensen Ackles & Danneel Harris are now real life husband and wife, having met while filming this movie. Each character portrays a rather STRONG stereotypical/literal interpretation of themselves...the shy, geeky computer nerd with an online crush, the promiscuous beauty who really might have a warmer heart after all, the overly tattooed, over pierced, strangely dressed guy who has more to offer that just sarcasm and jabs, etc...

The movie itself, of course, surrounds the foundations of love, friendship, relationships, self worth, parenting, and self actuality. There are a few quarky, warm moments, as well as disturbing ones that make you understand, relate, and or connect with the characters in one way or another. If nothing else it is an entertaining watch in relation to all the other typical romantic comedies out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! :], April 17, 2009
nicole (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ten Inch Hero (DVD)
I am a Jensen Ackles fan so I knew about this movie years ago. I was so impatient about it coming out and I was excited that it had finally made it through DVD. Now initally I thought, the movie might suck but I wanted to see Jensen in it so it wouldn't be so bad. I was wrong. The movie was amazing. I loved every moment of this movie and I would watch it over again if I could. As you learn about the character, you understand them and how they think which was always the watcher could relate to. I was quite suprised at the quality and the meaning to the whole movie, and I haven't bought the movie yet, but I will when I am able to. I have it on my iPod which is quite fun to watch when you need a laugh. The cast was excellent and the message sent was quite meaningful. I would recommend a lot of people to watch this movie if they need to be touched. Yay! for Ten Inch Hero!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING MOVIE!, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Ten Inch Hero (DVD)
This was an amazing movie. I initially had no desire to see this, thinking it would be too artsy. I was wrong. It was a heartwarming, funny, & sweet movie. The acting & story were great. Jensen was hilarious in this. Anyone who doesn't understand this movie, or thinks it's too boring has an attention disorder. As long as you have an open mind, & a soul then you will love this movie as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., November 13, 2011
I am obsessed with this movie. Jensen Ackles with a mohawk just makes the whole thing that much better. If this place actually existed, I would be there, all day every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic movie!, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Ten Inch Hero (DVD)
Wow! I loved the 4 main cast members.

This movie had a great story. The story is mainly about 3 girls and 1 guy with relationship problems. 2 out of 3 girls are really HOT! The third one is all right, but she had to look like that because it fits the story line better. The one guy is in love with one of the hot girls, but she doesn't notice his love for her because she likes dating only jerks.

The guy looks like a regular punker and maybe that way she doesn't like him because of his look. Also, he is too nice as well and doesn't really express his feelings to her.

Then, the okay looking girl is in love with a guy that she never met, but has known for awhile online. She really afraid of the thought of him just seeing her because the guy is way too good looking for her.

The other hot girl is trying to find her little baby girl that she gave up years ago and is that is the main story line. She finds out her little girl might be living in Santa Cruz with her adopted father, so she sets out to find her there. While searching for her little girl, she finds love.

I got to give this 5 stars because I'm a sucker for love story stories and hot girls. lol

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, October 6, 2011
It is a feel good movie, that I definetly would not go to the theaters to watch. I had never heard of it, until I saw that Jensen Ackles was on it. I think he is a great actor, who has done a lot of growth on Supernatural, so I wanted to see him outside the show. I thought he was great, and not just him. The main characters in the movie did a great job with their acting, as opposed to some of these other movies where the acting sucks but they still get all the praise.
Maybe too many story lines for such a short period of time, they could have been developed a little better, but overall a movie I would not mind sitting on my couch and watching again with some pop corn and some girlfriends.

Ten Inch Hero
Ten Inch Hero by David Mackay (DVD - 2011)
$9.99 $9.98