5.0 out of 5 stars Cunning little 3-d ladybugs in a singsong book
This is the most jazzed-up version possible of the classic rhyme about ladybugs!
Published on June 2, 2004 by A. Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars wish it was a board book
I thought it would be sturdier. the pages are double sided paper. I got this for my little on since she loves books she can stick her fingers through any holes. But I fear she will ruin this pretty quick.
Published on December 13, 2012 by J. klieman

5.0 out of 5 stars Cunning little 3-d ladybugs in a singsong book, June 2, 2004
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
So here's the scoop: Ten Little Ladybugs is a board book with bright red, yellow and orange plastic ladybugs permanently embedded into the ten pages (and they each have a variety of spots, just like ladybugs do in real life). Each page has carefully placed cutouts so that when you turn it, the ladybug on that page disappears but the others appear to move to the next spread. What you end up with is a clever rhyming book that teaches simple subtraction with three-dimensional ladybugs.
This book is sturdy, colorful and well-made. The ladybugs show no signs of falling off even after two years of being explored by curious little fingers. My children love the novelty of it and request it again and again. Completely recommended for kids ages one to five.
-Andrea, aka Merribelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for all preschoolers!, March 18, 2001
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
We got this book for our grandson just turning one, and it was his favorite book all weekend. He loved the illustrations, and loved just looking at it himself. An added bonus was that our granddaughter, just about three, loved to have it read to her and loved counting the ladybugs as you turned each page. I would guess that next she will be reading it to her brother. (It's that type of book -- seems to grow with the kids!)

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10 month old LOVES this book!, December 16, 2002
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
This is one of my 10 month old's very favorite books. When he goes to his little bookshelf, this is the book he invariably pulls down and flips though. When I read it to him, he is totally riveted. When he flips through it by himself, I see him touching the ladybugs (since they're 3 dimensional) and exploring the holes on the left.
This book is brilliant and works on many levels. It's very melodic (great rhyming verses w/out being too sing-song-y). Example: "Ten little ladybugs, sitting on a vine. Along came a caterpiller, then there were..." turn the page and you get "nine little ladybugs...."
Plus, you've got each number on the page represented 4 ways -- on the right, you see how many ladybugs remain (i.e., 10 of them). On the left, you've got the number displayed ("10"), plus the holes add up to the same number, and then the verse at the bottom has the number written out ("ten little ladybugs...")
All the characters throughout the book (the caterpillar, the grasshopper, the turtle, etc.) show up at the end so you it's not like they come & go and are forgotten, and each page is beautifully illustrated. The book is also very well put together and I don't fear that the ladybugs are going to come off when my son grabs them. This book is very well used in our house and it's still holding up incredibly well. We highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have..., June 8, 2004
Happy Camper (Reno, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
As a Child Development Specialist I understand the importance of reading to infants - so you can imagine my disappointment when my baby had an active resentment to my attempts to "read" to her.
Suddenly (like a light switch), at 13 months, my daughter became completely enamored with books. Ten Little Ladybugs is her absolute favorite... and we read it 5-7 times EVERY day. She pulls it out from the coffee table and crawls into my lap for story time. Both the writing and illustrations are magnificent.
Reading this book to my daughter is such a fun experience that I truly believe every child should be fortunate enough to have that important grown-up in their life share this magical book with them.
I now give this book as gifts to all baby and grandparent showers I attend.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 11 month old just loves this book!, March 7, 2005
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
I keep finding my 11 month old pulling this book to the floor and looking at the pages. When it is read to him he knows the close it at the end and then fusses if you don't read it again! It is my favorite of all of his current books, so I am glad that it is his favorite, too. I am probably going to be very tired of it soon because we read it a few times in a row each day - per his "request". But it is a darling book and would make a really neat present if you are looking for a good idea. We received our copy as a gift from a thoughtful neighbor and I am sure glad that we did!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, November 4, 2002
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
I let my then 5 month old daughter choose a book from a local toy store and this is what she grabbed right away. She is almost 8 months now and every day she crawls over to her little bookshelf and pulls out Ten Little Ladybugs. She has quite a library of books, but nothing excites her more than the colorful drawings and 3-D ladybugs. Whether or not she learns to count backwards would just be icing on the cake - buy this book for the colors, rhyming and durability. (And the ladybugs get home in the end!) Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite book!, January 17, 2002
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
Ten Little Ladybugs was given to my son as a gift when he was 6 mo old. Since then (he is 10 mo. now) my husband and I read it to him at least 5x a day! In a pile of books he will search and recover this book without hesitation. He loves turning the pages, the bright colors, and of course touching those adorable ladybugs!!! This is now a staple gift for all my friends having babys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute, November 1, 2004
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
The lady bugs pop out of the page in this cute book. As you turn a page, the lady bugs fly away. You start with ten and gradually count backwards.

The colors are bright and cheerful. The lady bugs are sturdy. However, word of warning, we have had to buy a second book because the lady bugs do come off if your child is determined enough.

Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Little Ladybugs review, January 2, 2001
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
My 10 1/2 month old son received this as a Christmas gift and absolutely loves it! He wants me to read it to him over and over again. Once he's had enough of that, he carries it with him everywhere. It is a beautifully illustrated book and very easy to read the counting, rhyming storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Bugs, June 12, 2003
yh132 (Northern VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ten Little Ladybugs (Board book)
When our daughter was 6 months, we ordered a bunch of board books to start her library -- Dr. Seuss, Richard Scarry, Curious George, Eric Carle, Sandra Boynton, and others. This one, however, is her favorite! From the first time we opened it, she went straight for the ladybugs.
Our daughter is 7 months now and loves grabbing the ladybugs every chance she gets. She tries her darndest to get the other board books in her mouth, but this one gets a little less wear and tear because she is content to feel the ladybugs and look at the bright drawings. It is a beautifully illustrated story with lines that are fun to read out loud, and I have no doubt our daughter will enjoy this book on other levels too as she gets older.

Ten Little Ladybugs
Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth (Board book - February 1, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01