4.0 out of 5 stars Great hardware addition for your iPhone
Everybody who, like me, had had problems with virtual joysticks in iPhone or iPod Touch games, rejoice:
The Fling Mini is the solution. It gives you a great grip on gaming, particularly two-virtual-stick-games, while keeping an almost invisible appearance, thanks to the transparent material.
Handling is exceptional. Easy to put on and remove, great for the...
Published on November 9, 2011 by Peter Kienzle

The concept was nice so I that's why I gave it 3 stars. To be honest, I could not use this on many games on my iphone and it is not very responsive and accurate.

I have seen the price for this one goes up and down. I got it at 8 $ so I will not complain so much. Still, I think it is waste if you must pay 20$ for this unit. Thus, don't buy if it is more than 10$!
Published 8 months ago by Huong

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hardware addition for your iPhone, November 9, 2011
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
Handling is exceptional. Easy to put on and remove, great for the casual and serious gamer.
Price is alright.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice to have but Don't buy it if you must pay for more than 8$, April 7, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
This is a must have if you have emulators on your phone. Makes it so much easier to use the gamepad. If you got a clean screen when you stick it on, it stays in place pretty well. Also I'm not very careful when I play and after a month there is no scuffs on the screen. Bonus! =D

5.0 out of 5 stars Fling Mini Game Controller work great on Kindle Fire, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
I bought the fling minis to use on my 7 inch kindle fire tablet. They fit and work great on my tablet. The size is perfect. I was going to buy the original Fling joystick to use, but I was afraid it would be too large for the emulator I use and for Minecraft PE and I was right. The minis are perfect, they feel great, and most importantly they work so much better than the on screen direction pad. These are perfect for 7 inch tablets.

4.0 out of 5 stars I saw these at walmart and had to get them cheaper, June 2, 2012
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
Does exactly what you think it does. Works better on iPad since there's more screen space but only issue is on iPhone it covers up an action button on a game I like. Otherwise,score on with better touch controll and at least one more hour of gameplay. It's a price play at this point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, October 15, 2014
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
They are pretty amazing. the only reason I give it 4 stars is because it kind of gets in the way when you use them. But other than that there really great for mobile gaming!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the price, and it slides around too much, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
First and foremost, I will say I feel they are charging too much for this product. I think it shouldn't cost more than %5 for one, 2 for $10. I paid about $23 off of amazon(shipping included) and don't feel it was worth it for the 2 Flings I received. Also, this review is only of using ONE fling. I found no use for the second fling since I have no dual stick games.

Device I used was my iPhone 4s.

Now onto the review,....

The actual product itself is not bad. It's plastic-y but the analog nub feels good, kinda like the 3ds. And it comes with a pouch.

Fling works ok depending on the game/genre your playing. But in every game I tested, the one thing that gets in the way of it's functionality is that it SLIDES TOO MUCH. It's problematic and you will find yourself constantly re-adjusting it when it pops off, or gets too close to blocking the middle of your screen.

Day 2 edit: In my second day using Fling, I reinstalled a custom skin I use that I ordered from a site called skinit. I found with this skin, fling doesn't slide at all. I guess the iPhone's glass is too slippery to hold Fling still. Whereas the skin, is sort of a decal material. Keeps it still, and helped me play better with Fling.

Here are 6 games I tested Fling with...

Grand Theft Auto 3:
Works best for this game. I recommend going to the control options, and changing the arrow buttons to the analog stick for driving. Fling adds a lot to this game. It feels closer to the game I fell in love with on ps2 10 years ago. I immediately found my driving in this game much better. And controlling my character was much more precise. The reason fling works so well in this game is because of the fact that the d-pad comes up wherever you place your finger on the left side of the screen. The only other game that I seen do this has been Shadowgun. It works very good and you can almost put up with the having to re-adjust Fling every couple minutes.

Day 2 edit: I will say one big issue with using fling in my second day of usage, is when I try to turn the car, occasionally, when I let go of the analog, the car will start turning in the opposite direction. It's a bit of a nuisance. This is a recurring problem across all games I tested.

Asphalt 6:
Another game were Fling shines in. I changed the driving controls to setting C where you can use a steering wheel that functions as a d-pad (I hate gyroscope controls). Works surprisingly well, and for the first time, I'm actually good at this game now. Even tho fling moved around a little bit, i still found it working well, only because in this game, you can place the d-pad steering wheel wherever you want.

Spider-man Total Mayhem:
Works ok for this game. The problem with this game is it has random swipe actions (similar to Hero of Sparta), so you will have to take fling off for those segments. Since this game has a d-pad that stays in place, it's hard to get fling working correctly with it because once it slights off of the d-pad, you will lose control of spider-man.

Dead Space:
Don't even bother using Flinvg here. Doesn't work well for a game like this. This game requires much more range than fling offers. You won't be able to run if you use fling in this game. And believe me, you need to run in this game a lot.

Streets of Rage 2:
Another game where fling doesn't work too well. The fact is that fling slides too much, and classic games like this, where there is a small d-pad, it slides off and you will completely lose all functionality.

N.O.V.A 2:
Fling works ok in this game. Again, the issue is the fact that it slides. This is the type of game that you have to pull the analog stick a little further to run, which make fling slide and pop off. As a played for about a half an hour, I found it working better.

Day 2 edit: In my second day, I've found fling working great for N.O.V.A 2. I adjusted the location of the d-pad and found it working really good for this game. Works better than grand theft auto. I felt like i was playing this on my 3DS (which is a good thing). Fling feels great with this game.

Fling works best for games where there is no static analog stick. It works well for games that the analog stick comes up wherever you place your finger(like grand theft auto or Shadowgun). It just doesn't work well for games with non-adjustable on-screen d-pads. You will find fling sliding off of the d-pad way too often and it will kill your fun.

Day 2 edit: make sure for whatever game your playing, that you can adjust the controls somehow. Some games position additional buttons around the virtual analog stick(or d-pad), and you will want to move those buttons away from the virtual stick as Fling takes up about a quarter of the screen. With fling in that place, buttons around the virtual stick become inaccessible. Best to move them away from fling.

Also, another thing to note is fling doesn't work well with screen protectors. It's suction cups just don't stick. If you plan on using it, you will have to do without a screen protector, which may be a deal breaker for some.

Day 2 edit: However, Fling does work well with certain skins. As mentioned above, with my skinit skin, Fling stays in place. Doesn't pop off or slide.

Ultimately, fling is not worth it. It's not terrible, but you will only get OKAY functionality off of a couple games. I gave it 2 stars because of it's price, size, the sliding problem, and the fact that it's not very compatible with screen protectors. If you don't use screen protectors, add half a star to my score. If money is a non-issue, add half a star. Another thing to note,... even using one of these flings blocks off more than a quarter of the screen. They are not transparent. I suspect fling would work much better with a 4.5 inch(or bigger) android phone tho.

Day 2 edit: As mentioned in the grand theft auto portion of the review, a recurring problem I noticed in my second day of use, is that when I try to move characters (or drive) and turn in a certain direction, sometimes when I let go of the analog, the character (or car) will turn in the opposite direction. It's a little bit annoying. It's manageable, but you'll likely get annoyed if your driving and suddenly you hit another car because of this problem.

In the future, if I get the chance to try some fighting games with Fling, I'll update my review again. In day 2, I still feel Fling is not worth it. In the future, I will more-than-likely stop using it altogether. At the present, I spent $23 so I'm trying to get as much usage from it as possible before making a decision. So far it creates more problems than it solves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for iPhone gamers, not an analog joystick replacement., October 23, 2011
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
These sticks really are great for games like Geometry Wars, but they aren't as good as a real analog stick. An iPhone gamer will probably love this. The sticks are well made and seem to hold up well. The suction cups are very strong and won't move once placed. If you're what you might call a "hardcore iPhone gamer" this will be the thing for you, but gamers used to an Xbox controller, this won't be ideal, but pretty good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Fling Mini Game Controller (Accessory)
The suction cups can only suck on so well, and the springs in the sticks are so stiff that it causes the cups to come loose. I loose track of my thumb WAY more with these than just playing without them. Its bulky as well, and not pretty. Would never buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, December 3, 2014
can be difficult to use

Fling Mini Game Controller
Fling Mini Game Controller by Ten One Design
$32.99 $14.98
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.