Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Box Set S.A.V.E.
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on January 1, 2009
It might just be an isolated incident, but when I got my copy I discovered that disc 2 was mislabeled and actually contained some Spanish movie. So I returned it with a note asking Amazon to check their stock and will be reordering shortly. If you do order this series you might want to just check the start of each disc to make sure it's correct.
on March 13, 2011
Anyone that likes the Tenchi series and its direction will enjoy this nice side tale. It combines everything we loved from the original, such as it's comic ability, the tendency to go off on wacky tangents, the full harem(that most guys will watch this for), and it even has a few familiar faces. Most of the series has brand new faces, characters and backgrounds to go with them and Tenchi is barely even a sidenote, but that does not stop this thrill ride of a comedy from getting you to laugh non stop.

Any fan of the series should check this out, just for its sheer hilarity!
on July 7, 2013
So there I was... I fell in love with Tenchi Universe, and watched the entire series (multiple times). Then, I found my way to the original first 2 OVAs, and loved those too. It was a bit weird to realize that the Tenchi Muyo story basically has 3 different "realities". To put it simply for someone who may not know, the three timelines are: Tenchi Universe, the Tenchi OVAs, and Tenchi in Tokyo. All of them feature many of the same characters retold in different ways. I had heard about Tenchi Muyo GXP before, but I was wary of it. How could I enjoy something that didn't involve Tenchi, Ayeka, Ryoko, etc. directly? That's what I was wanting more of...
But I gave it a shot, and I was glad I did.
Tenchi Muyo GXP takes place according to the OVA storyline, during or after the events of the 3rd OVA series (Ryo Ohki).
Rather than focus on Tenchi, the series takes place with a friend of Tenchi. Seina Yamada, like Tenchi, is very innocent and good natured. As I watched the series, I remember thinking more than once about how much it felt like a Tenchi series to me...much more so than the 3rd OVA did. It had Tenchi Universe humor mixed in with OVA themes. Speaking of humor, it is extremely silly! If you don't like stupid humor, stay clear.
I thought it was hilarious overall, but I've heard some Tenchi fans say they consider it one of the worst in the series. That assessment surprises me, actually. But, I realize you can't please everyone! I grew to like the characters almost as much as in the original Tenchi series.
That being said, the downside for me was the episode that did feature Tenchi and the original gang. It wasn't a bad episode by any means, but if you're like me and used to the English dub work, the voice cast is the same as Ryo Okhi (the 3rd OVA). That means, much of it isn't the same cast as Tenchi Universe and the first 2 OVAs. That is a big downside for me, but, if you watch the subs I don't think you'll notice anyway.
on May 19, 2014
After how bad Tenchi In Tokyo was I was concern about the future of the Tenchi series but this renewed my faith in the Tenchi Universe. Like having more of Tenchi grandmother from Tenchi Roy-oki series in this series as well as a air head blond that remind me of Mishoshi but not positive if her not as I can can't seem to bring the character up in cast list I looked up on internet. Was surprise when the main character of the series turn out to be a bad luck magnet guy name Seina since he looks so much like Tenchi himself in the box cover images. The different Tenchi series always mention Galaxy Police it is nice to have a spin off series giving Tenchi fans what that part of the Tenchi series is truly like. I did have one problem with the series. That being on the first disk when Senia meets his earth girl friend who knew him since childhood it is never explain what she's doing as a member of the galaxy police since before this Mishoshi and Kiyone were the only GP members on Earth. I know with name Masaki she related to Tenchi but there should of been more info given. Unlike Seina who enters the academy she seems to of been a member for some time. I was also strange having different pirate Ryoko in this series than the one living with Tenchi The series has many great characters both human and alien looking and the series have new harem love nest for anyone getting board with Tenchi and the girls on earth.
on September 6, 2015
First, I love this show. That said, DVD format has 3 episodes per disc, so expect lots of getting up to change discs if you ever intend to watch the the series in a sitting (which isn't that long if you skip the theme song credits of each episode). Still, I very enjoy this series and the issue isn't too bad for a short series like this one.
on June 28, 2016
this tenchi series takes place right after season 2 even though it follows a new main character and a different plot. but they all connect one way or another

season 1 - Tenchi muyo OVA Collection
season 2 - Tenchi Muyo: Ryo Ohki
season 3 - Tenchi Muyo: GXP
on April 17, 2013
Some adult situations and language. Very humorous and amorous as our hero Seina, who is friends with Tenchi travels to become a Galaxy Police Officer. His bad luck is deemed good for political and other agendas held by the royal families of Jurai. The space battles and escapades across the stars with his team of. . .women that all love him. 4 in any case, 5 counting his A.I. All characters are memorable and can even match in the original Tenchi series. The plot development that leads to the final episodes is interesting. The final episode is a twist, but very amusing and has a storyline ready to go. . .

Overall, great series and you definitely have to watch from the start to ensure you get all the characters backgrounds to enjoy it that much more.
on January 20, 2013
When I was looking for this specific boxed set for a gift, the best price was here on Amazon!

The pros:
+ Lowest price I could find & the shipping was included.
+ Very nice clear case that holds all 8 discs + the cover art is reversible for a cleaner look... cover art without the green S.A.V.E. label!
+ No problems with the 8 discs, they all played perfectly.

The cons:
- None.
on September 17, 2015
Tenchi Muyo! GXP is outstanding!

I have almost watched every Tenchi anime now; I still need to watch Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar and Ai Tenchi Muyo!

Tenchi Muyo! GXP is easily my favorite so far. The story is exceptional, the characters are well developed, the humor is abundant, and the animation looks phenomenal. One of my favorite parts about this particular installment to the Tenchi series is that each episode has a purpose, there are no pointless filler episodes. Furthermore, the English voice actors are superb. Great job Funimation! Please make more Tenchi anime like this one!

I definitely would recommend buying this product.
on June 3, 2015
This set is a collection of volumes of the series that were originally sold separately. Meaning each disc only contains an average of 3 episodes instead of 6 or 7, so you're gonna have twice as many discs (8 in total). A small gripe, still well worth the price