5.0 out of 5 stars In my experience, on par with Eneloop, yet cheaper!
I have been using these batteries now for almost 6 months. They charge fast and hold their charge as advertised (I test these with a multi-meter). I also bought Eneloop at about the same time as these and actually rotate between these and the Eneloop when changing out batteries.

My experience to date has been really equivalent with regard to the Eneloop...
Published on August 3, 2011 by Chuck Loeffler

Published 5 months ago by Lostime4me

5.0 out of 5 stars In my experience, on par with Eneloop, yet cheaper!, August 3, 2011
This review is from: Tenergy Centura AAA Low Self-Discharge LSD NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 6 Cards 24xAAA (Electronics)

My experience to date has been really equivalent with regard to the Eneloop. Only wish they could make these at 1.5v instead of the 1.2. After a full charge, I find these actually top off consistently and hold at 1.354v, right in line with the Eneloop. These compare to fresh alkaline at 1.565v and fresh lithium at 1.631v. When using in some flashlight applications, the difference in voltage between the 1.2 rated hybrids and 1.5 alkaline or lithium is noticeable.

Bottom line is I would recommend these highly. I've saved bundles already on batteries and my testing confirms these do hold their charge for a very long time (slow natural discharge rate), unlike normal NiMh rechargeables.

Update 7/3/2013:

I still HIGHLY RECOMMEND these batteries. I have recently purchased a MAHA PowerEx C9000 battery charger/analyzer. I checked a pair of these original batteries that had been last charged 1 year and two months ago. They still held a charge of 695 mAh and 687 mAh respectively, which equates to an average 86.25% of their 800 mAh rated capacity. I then ran them through a Break-In charge cycle and they came back to a full-charge capacity of 875 mAh and 869 mAh respectively. I purchased these originally on March 3, 2011. I also ran the Refresh charge on the entire set of 24 I had originally purchased and every battery from that purchase came back with current full-charge capacities between 836 mAh and 899 mAh. So they are now over two years old and charging just as strong and lasting just as long as the when new. How can I expect more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Low price for a high-quality rechargable, October 9, 2011
I bought six cards of these based on the reviews here on Amazon. No regrets, they work great. AAA batteries don't last very long, whether rechargeable or alkaline. At this price, after three uses you've made your money back, so the next hundred recharges are all gravy. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tenergy Centura AAA rechargeable batteries, October 1, 2010
I was skeptical about buying the Tenergy products since I read so many reviews that had negative impact. However, I am glad I did get these. The price was so reasonable and I am extremely satisfied (so far). They seem to be so much better than the Energizer rechargeables that I was previously using. I use them mainly for my MP3 player and they last 24 hours. That is about 6 hours longer than the player says they will work. I also put some in my booklight. I turned it on as a night light just to see how long they would last. I am on my 6th full night and going strong. The Centura batteries seem to be doing much better than the reviews on the regular Tenergy batteries. I purchase these because they said they would hold the charge longer than other rechargeable batteries and are called LOW SELF DISCHARGE. I purchased both AAA and 1 card of AA but have not tried the AA yet. The AAA are only 800 mAh but are great for my use. I do wish the mAh was higher but it isn't so I'll live with my 800. Tenergy Centura AAA Low Self-Discharge (LSD) NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 6 Cards 24xAAA

5.0 out of 5 stars Tenergy Centura AAA a good buy, January 28, 2013
The Tenergy Centura AAA batteries are advertised as having 800 mAH but after discharging and recharging 3 packages of them i get an average of 1155 mAH each. That's 44% better than advertised! Of the batteries I charged the lowest performing battery came in at 889 mAH and the best performing battery came in at 1690 mAH. I bought the package deal containing 6 packages of 4 batteries each which makes my cost per package average out to $3.33. This compares to about $8 for a single package. The best deal I can find on the Eneloop AAA works out to about $8.15 per package of 4 and they are advertised to contain a minimum of 750 mAH each. I'm sure the Eneloops are great batteries and I have not tested them but just passing this information along. I plan to use my Centura's for simple things like remote controls for my entertainment system components, small LED flashlights etc.

I have also purchased the PowerEx Imedion batteries and although much more expensive ($12.95 Prime) they carry an average of 1226 mAH each with a range of 962-1663. The Imedion AAA's have an advertised power rating of 950 mAH each and based on my initial charging cycle perform 29% better than advertised. The Imedion gives you a 6% lift over the Tenergy Centura in terms of power but they cost almost 4 times a much. PowerEx makes some great batteries and I will be using the Imedions to power my headlamp, flashlights and other electronics when I am out hunting in remote locations.

The bottom line for me is that the Tenergy Centura AAA batteries are an incredible buy and easily offer the best performance for your hard earned dollar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a bargain, May 21, 2012
I was surprised to find this set of batteries for significantly less than any others of the type, so I gave them a shot. One minor mistake I made was to assume they are pre-charged, like all other low self-discharge batteries seem to be, but they aren't. Out of the package I got about 350 mah. Still after running them through a couple charge cycles they have all provided well over their rated output. Generally I have gotten 850-900 mah.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost 800mAH, April 10, 2012
V. Ramchandran (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I checked the capacity of these cells using my Maha C9000 charger. About half were over 800mAH and half were between 780 and 800mAH. Given the low price I don't think a 2.5% deviation from spec is a big deal. I haven't had them for very long but seems to work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, November 14, 2012
So far so good. I got these batteries a little over 2 months ago to use for graphing calculators for the math classes that I teach. My students use the graphing calculators pretty much all day for 5 days a week. After an initial charge out of the box I haven't had to recharge any of them. As of now I'm very pleased with their output and production. Hopefully this will be the solution to my problem of needing new batteries from our supply office every 3 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent batteries, January 27, 2012
We've used various Tenergy recharagles in different sizes and they are excellent. Seem to outlast other brands of rechargables, yet not too expensive for the quality. Would definitely buy this brand again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy, December 5, 2012
Good performance and none dead. Same good reliability as previously for this brand. The requirement for long winded review is a pain in the neck and I will do no more because of it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality Has Declined from this order and a Previous Order of Same Product, September 1, 2014
I purchased these before and they were great...HOWEVER they don't hold the charge that the first ones did. I was ecstatic about the first order because the charge held for 19-24 hours in my Sansa SanDisk M250 MP3 player. These, sadly, from the first only held a charge of 6-10 hours. My original batteries are holding a better charge than these are & I've had them for many years. I'm not sure what happened to the quality. Cost cutting? Bad batch of batteries? Since I ordered 6 4pks and they are the same I can only surmise that quality control is sadly lacking. It has been a couple of years since my purchase of these & I am now getting about 4-6 hours out of these. I don't use them daily as it only takes 1 battery for the mp3 player. All I can say is it is a far cry from the first batch of batteries {which are performing better even today}. Not the worst battery I've had but QUALITY CONTROL HAS DECLINED.