on May 14, 2012
Had great expectations, but after the first charge, one of the first four used said bad on the tenergy charger I bought. Well, after the second charge of the other four, one of those said bad in the charger and would not recharge. So much for using over and over and saving so much money. 2 of 8 already just junk. The other 6 are going after the 3rd charge, will see when they choose to fail. Be careful with these!!! I emailed the company to let them know of my experience and they chose not to reply.
on December 25, 2011
Purchased these batteries for a game camera. When we went to check cam 3 days later the batteries were dead. Recharged and found had similar results. Batteries will not hold charge. After charging and not using for several weeks, put in game cam and camera showed that battery had only 20% life left. Very disappointing. Not worth the money for us. Was it a bad batch? Other ratings have been high but wonder if we got the bad lot. Tried the aa batteries with a spacer placed around the battery so it would fit into C slot and they have worked wonderfully, however, the spacers did not fit in all brands game cams.
on February 22, 2012
our baby toys, namely the bouncy seats, go through a ton of C and D cell batteries. So rechargables were a must. The problem is that most only offer C and D sizes in crazy low capacities. No more than a AA size, i.e. 3000mAh, tops, usally closer to 2500mAh. These are a bit better, not as good as they could be, but better at 5000mAh. The next issue is charging them. Most chargers can't put more than about 2200mA into a battery for some reason, so we had to find a charger that could handle the extra capcity. But now good chargers seem to be far more common place than they were 5 years ago when we first started down this road, so this time around we were able to find one here on Amazon easily enough that works like a champ. We have charged these about a dozen times in groups of 4 batteries per bouncy seat and have not noticed that there is a loss of capacity yet. I would hope that we won't see such a loss for a long time, but given the price of these batteries I fear we may see that capacity loss sooner than later. So far though no problems encountered and no reason to believe it will be any time soon. I have a lot of other tenergy batteries and so far they have not been a problem for me, either the rechargables or the standard ones. I would recommend these to anyone who does not want to waste money and landfill space on standard batteries. Just get a good charger that charges batteries until they say they are full and not just until it believes them to be full. I would buy more of these if/when the need arises, assuming that they do last as long as other rechargables do.
on November 11, 2012
Can I give something minus five stars? I purchased two packages of these to run game cameras. After three recharges five of the sixteen batteries have failed and will not recharge. This completely negates any possible cost savings. The batteries that still do work will power my cameras for about 1/3 the time of premium non-rechargeable batteries.

On 11/20/12 I received a response from Tenergy regarding the poor performance of their batteries: they say there is a 30 day refund, 90 day replacement, so they can't help me. 90 days?! It should it's first charge longer than that! I know a standard Duracell would, at 1/5 the price! Poor quality,poor performance, followed by poor/no customer service. Need I say more?
on April 22, 2012
I have been using these c size rechargeable batteries,the blue ones,for several years in my sangean pr-d5 portable am fm radio daily and have charged them many many time with the tenergy speedy box bc-ihu smart charger and these batteries and the charger have been excellent for me and I believe the newer white colored tenergy batteries are even a better battery.I will always buy these again if they ever ware out.YOU should buy these,they are excellent.
on January 9, 2016
I have ordered a total of 24 of these batteries in the past year to use in my kids' toys, and as of right now I only have 12 left. What happened to the other 12? I threw them out because they wouldn't recharge. When I would try to charge them in my digital charger I would get an error light telling me it will not charge, and then I tried them in a basic "dumb" charger and it would sit there for 2 days and still not show that it's done charging. And after testing the batteries after removing it from each charger, they had literally 0% charge in them. And this isn't after letting them sit for years with no charge, or waiting for a long time after they go dead to charge them again. I charge all my batteries as soon as they die, and I go through my drawer and charge any that are in storage once every couple of months. These are just horrible batteries that don't allow you to charge them more than a few times before they go bad. I have used rechargeables from many other brands and these have been the worst by far.
on May 2, 2011
these are TRUE C-cell batteries, not AA packaged in a C-sized shell. So they are more expensive than many C-sized batteries marked as C-cells.

I have used and recharged these 4X now and they seem to be of high quality and hold their charge decently.

Only gave 4 stars because 2 of ones i receives were only partially charged or not charged, the other two were fully charged. I do check all batteries I receive with good quality tester so this was not a major problem for me, however for price I would think they could insure consistency.
55 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2012
Purchased 8 Tenergy Premium "C" size 5000mAh High Capacity NiMH rechargable batteries and a Tenergy TN190 charger from Amazon about two or three months ago. All 8 bateries accepted the first charge however on the second charge two out of 6 of the batteries displayed "BAD". Two problems everything is marked "Made in China" and Tenergy displays no oversight on their outsourcing. The company states they can be recharged 1000 times but I think they overestimated by 999. Don't waste your money on any of their products.
on December 27, 2012
Having a new kid means buying all sorts of new batteries for all sorts of new gadgets. The "C" and "D" size batteries are ridiculously expensive, so they're a natural fit to use rechargeables. These cost more than other rechargeable C batteries because they're the same capacity as normal C batteries - some of the others are just a "AA" capacity battery in a C battery form factor. They work just the same in every product I've tried so far. These have just worked well and I can't complain. I also got a new charger, from the same company, to charge these and the D batteries.
on December 3, 2014
Don't expect these batteries to come to you already charged. If you do, you may be disappointed. If they are like the ones I received, they will need to be charged and discharged several times before they will take a full charge. That means discharging them by use (after the initial charge), or letting your charger do the discharging, provided it has has that capability. I found that it took about half a dozen cycles to get these batteries fully charged, but it's worth the trouble. Once properly "broken in", they last a long time, even on the shelf.

These have about twice the storage capacity of some (real, not fake) NiMH c-cells I bought in the late 90s. Those old batteries are still going strong, or fairly strong at least, though they run down a little more quickly than when new, which is why I bought the Tenergy Batteries