- Hardcover: 194 pages
- Publisher: Doubleday; 1st edition (1979)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0385143788
- ISBN-13: 978-0385143783
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.6 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12 ounces
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,738,042 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Tennis and kids: The family connection Hardcover – 1979
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
More About the Author
Jim has 35+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached hundreds of professional athletes from nine sports including members of the PGA and LPGA tours, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS, MLB, US Equestrian Association, World Series of Poker and the Olympics. He has trained tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 37 industries in peak performance.
JIM FANNIN HAS COACHED:
* Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500
* World's #1 Professional Golfer (Luke Donald)
* Five Major League Baseball MVPs and two MLB batting champions
* 25 MLB All-Stars and two MLB home run champions
* Frank Thomas MLB All-Star, MVP (entire career)
* Four MLB Cy Young Award winners (Hershiser, McDowell, Zito, R. Johnson)
* Nine players on the World Series runner-up Cleveland Indians (1997)
* LPGA Major Champion
* 1979 World Davis Cup Finalist (Italy)
* French Open Champion & Finalist
* NBA rebound champion (Loy Vaught) and NBA All-Star (Grant Hill)
* Olympic decathlon gold medalist (Dan O'Brien, 1996)
* MLS Cup Champion (DC United 2004) and MLS MVP (Peter Nowak)
* One of the world's highest paid athletes (Alex Rodriguez, NY Yankees)
* Seven world's top 10 professional tennis players
* Lou Piniella manager (MLB)
* Doc Rivers coach (NBA World Champion Boston Celtics)
* NFL All-Pro (Scott Mitchell) and Washington Redskins Starting QB (Rex Grossman)
* Phil Gordon, World Series of Poker Champion
* NY Times best selling author, Tom Greanias
* Miss Fitness USA (Minna Lessig-1997)
* Romero Britto (South Beach renowned artist who designed Super Bowl 2007 half-time show)
* Village of Bridgeview, Illinois
* University of Illinois, men's basketball & baseball teams
* University of Richmond, women's golf team
* North Carolina State, women's golf team
* NCAA "Coach of the Year" (basketball)
* Loyola University Athletic Department
* Illinois PGA, Florida PGA, Hawaiian PGA
* Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists and politicians.
Jim has addressed and coached major corporations, organizations and their executives such as Merrill Lynch, Navistar, GE Healthcare, Mitsubishi Electric, DonTech, IBM, Apple Computer, Transamerica, Allstate Insurance, New York Life, John Hancock, Coldwell Banker, Harris Bank Group, Northern Trust Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, Domino's Pizza, Carnation, Nationwide, Lincoln Financial, Eaton Park, Starwood Hotels, Silhouette Optical, Bertram Yacht, Miles Labs, Mercedes, Dominick's Finer Foods, Toyota, Honda and Chrysler; and non-profits UAW Ford, YEO, YPO, YMCA, Children's Memorial Hospital, Hugh O'Brien Foundation, Cancer Wellness Centers & Boy's Clubs of America.
Jim has been featured in national magazines such as Men's Health, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, Celebrated Living-American Airlines, Sports Illustrated, Fortune Small Business; interviewed on ESPN, Fox Sports, PBS, Sirius and CBS radio; featured in the New York Times, Chicago Tribune & Sun-Times, New York Post, Atlanta Journal, Miami Herald, Los Angeles Times, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Washington Post, Dallas Star, New York Daily Herald; and appeared on television shows on NBC, Golf Channel, CBS, Fox, Lifetime, ESPN, ABC and PBS. Jim has also appeared in over 350 radio shows. He was featured in MLB "Clutch Performers" on ESPN (10/31/06)
Jim was born November 4, 1949 in Ashland, Kentucky. He is an author, former professional tennis player, platform speaker, life strategist and sports and business consultant. He resides in Burr Ridge, Illinois.