5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, February 22, 2009
This review is from: Terence Boylan (Audio CD)
This is the most played album/CD in my entire collection and certainly ranks in the top few out of more than 3000. I bought the original album in 1977 and have virtually worn out two copies. Now we have the CD (I still prefer the 'sound' of the album) and it is still a regular on my CD player. Fantastic songs, great tunes and lyrics, outstanding session players, overall just an outstanding album, one for which the word masterpiece is not a hype.
What a pity he stopped recording after the follow up and a couple of new 'songs' on the Terence Boylan compilation CD - but then again maybe he would not have made anything as good again. Amazing how many artists' first albums are their best, it happens time and time again.
This CD is an absolute must have in any self-respecting collection - waste no further time. You owe it to yourself to own this!

4.0 out of 5 stars terence boylan finally on cd, August 29, 2007
This review is from: Terence Boylan (Audio CD)
I bought this album in the 70s when it first came out. I was into the california sound at the time. L A. Glad to get on cd. A great record with great supporting cast. A plus to my music collection. I wonder where Terence is today.

5.0 out of 5 stars CORNEL- in Richmond, January 29, 2009
This review is from: Terence Boylan (Audio CD)
From growing up in the 70's, I have a great appreciation for smooth melody and harmony. I first heard a cut from this album on XM radio's the Loft with Mike Marone. Jackson Browne look -and sound -alike, definitely took my money. For anyone who has floated through the Caribbean, this classic takes you back again. Give it several listens-you won't regret, and you'll desire for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should've Been a Chart Topper, January 5, 2008
Spence (Virginia Beach, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Terence Boylan (Audio CD)
This album is great from start to finish. Part Eagles, part Steely Dan, part Jackson Browne. All mixed together into a masterpiece... seriously!

I originally bought this LP because I recognized some titles that Ian Matthews made into hits, plus the musician list was impressive. Terence Boylan should have been a big name. His smooth voice is complimented by superb backing musicians and his excellent writing.

He had two more LPs out. One was his first, "Alias Boona", recorded with his college buddies Becker and Fagen from Steely Dan. It was not the smart writing and arrangements he did later. The last was "Suzy", an album pieced together from 2 other albums. Side one is not great, but side two is as wonderful as this self titled LP. Get "Suzy" just for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE 70'S BEST, January 14, 2009
This review is from: Terence Boylan (Audio CD)
BOYLAN's MASTERPIECE - with fine arrangements, super California studio sound and session players among Eagles guys and related others backing up super songwriting, great production. This memorable recording plays over and over, continues to sound good today. Second album Suzy has its moments too. The CD is excellent compilation with a few new songs I liked for the writing, was self worked and hope Terence would redo with a set up band again. Compiled with some pretty incredible work, truly choice tunes, Trains, Hey Papa, The War is Over, Dancing Shoes (some songs have been covered). A friend suggested they didn't like the piano synth. Whatever. One of those albums that fits all together, like CSN's first as an example, because it's real good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, December 16, 2008
This review is from: Terence Boylan (Audio CD)
I bought this album when it was released in 1977 on the strength of the cover thinking the music inside would have to match. I played the album to death and Trains is one of my favourite songs. I have it on repeat on the CD player even as I write this. I never bought the follow up album, Suzy, as I didn't want to be disappointed after such a great debut but I'm always happy owning this one

5.0 out of 5 stars Terence Boylan found again!, June 23, 2013
S. Lorelle Marinello (Carlsbad, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Terence Boylan (MP3 Music)
I have this album on vinyl from my college days. So glad to have it for my ipod! Still love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another stunning classic, February 2, 2008
This review is from: Terence Boylan (Audio CD)
Along with "In The Heart Of The Heart Country" by Firetown, this is one of the all time great records. Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Steely Dan and a bit of Neil Young....just extraordinary. Much better remastered sound than the Firetown. Wounded Bird Records are life savers. Great harmonies and the great Jim Gordon on drums...WOW.