Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Terminator Anthology (The Terminator / Terminator 2: Judgment Day / Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines / Terminator Salvation) [Blu-ray]
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 2, 2013
This is an outstanding Blu-Ray box set of one of my favorite movie franchises. I already own earlier DVD versions of these films, and have seen them several times over the years, but not lately. So when this set arrived, my wife and I set aside a rainy afternoon to enjoy a Blu-Ray Terminator Marathon.
Be advised- The first movie ran perfectly, but we got to T2, the disc refused to load up. I Googled the problem and found that we needed some sort of firmware update on our Blu-Ray player. I didn't even try to fix the problem via the internet. Instead we skipped ahead and watched T3 and T4, then later I put the T2 disc back in and managed to scroll through the menu and got a version to play. So, after some frustration we did finally get to see the movie. I ordered the firmware update DVD from Sony for $6, installed it a few days later, and now the player (and T2 disc) work fine.
If, like me, you love the Terminator movies, I'm certain that, T-2 frustrations aside, you'll love this box set. The packaging is beautiful and the classic movies (especially T1 in my opinion) are spectacular in Blu Ray from start to finish. I look forward to another Blu-Ray Terminator Marathon next year, and this time we'll watch all 4 movies in order!
99 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2012
Something I've heard people ask is why the "Terminator" movies haven't been released in a box set all together. The answer used to be simple: they were owned by separate studios. No longer will I have to throw that disappointing answer out at disgruntled fans. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has taken possession of and released the 5-Disc collection "The Terminator Anthology" on Blu-ray.

"The Terminator Anthology" is everything an enthusiast of the franchise could ever want. You get the original classic in high-definition, the special edition and theatrical versions of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," and "Terminator Salvation's" director's cut and theatrical version. They're all presented in stunning high-definition transfers that make you feel like you're seeing the movies for the first time all over again.

I enjoy all the films with Arnold Schwarzenegger about the same. In retrospect, "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" is a bit tedious at points and seems overlong and bloated. People couldn't get enough of "Liquid Metal Man" when the movie came out, so I can see how 137 minutes of different appearances by him kept an audience alert in 1991. It doesn't hold the same dazzle today that it did 21 years ago.

"Terminator Salvation" is an entertaining movie even without Schwarzenegger's presence throughout. You have Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Anton Yelchin adding star power to it. The surprise appearance of Arnie's CGI face gave fans something to smile nostalgically about.

There are plenty of special features for consumers to be excited about. They include deleted scenes, "Making of" and "Behind the Scenes" featurettes, audio commentaries, and "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" contains an introduction by Arnold Schwarzenegger and a gag reel. Maximum Movie Mode for "Terminator Salvation" provides storyboard comparisons and a Terminator Mythology Timeline. Not to sound like a car salesman, but that's not all!

"The Terminator Anthology" Blu-ray collection comes housed in a cardboard sleeve which features the metallic face of a T-800 peeking out from behind a "T" on the cover. The movies are on four different discs. The fifth disc features the special features for "Terminator Salvation." This is the ideal way for consumers to get these classic films in one handy set. For many fanatics, it's a dream finally realized thanks to Warner Bros.
1212 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2013
I am not happy that the original Terminator has been altered in this blu-ray version. The original soundtrack theme has been changed and does not sound punchy and dramatic like the original. Almost all of the sound effects have been changed. During the truck scene just before Kyle uses the bomb to destroy the large truck the Terminator is driving, as Kyle's stolen truck tumbles over that scene is cut short and Sarah screams twice in the original version, not once as in this version.

All the gun shot sound effects have been altered. No longer are they the original BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM-BOOM but piff piff piff piff-piff. I am not a gun or violence fanatic but an original movie fanatic (perhaps nut) trying to make a point - the sound effects are all a part of the original film and they create the atmosphere of what made the original film what it was.

I had purchased this set awhile ago and sat down tonight looking forward to watching "The Terminator" as I remembered it. Not so with this set. If you're looking for the original version, I would pass on this blu-ray release unless you don't mind the edits. I hope the other versions of the Terminator films have not been altered, and that there is an Easter Egg opportunity to at least view all the deleted scenes together in Terminator 2 like in Terminator 2: Extreme Edition.
1717 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2013
The box set is beautiful itself. But when I played the movies I feel kind of watching DVD discs. The picture quality was just above average. I've seen Blu Rays with much better quality like Alien Anthology box set which shows a beautiful blu ray crystal clear picture, but not the case for Terminator Anthology. the T4 Film look better, but I was expecting more of the previous movies.
on January 15, 2014
It must be true that third time's the charm. I had to return the first two of these I received because all the discs were blank in the first two. However, the third set works wonderfully, and of course the movies are spectacular (except for the third, which is more "meh"). For the black friday price, this set can't be beat!
on May 24, 2014
I had a few of these on Blu-Ray and a few on DVD, so I decided to get this anthology. Best part of this is T2 offers the original and director's cut. I love the additional footage in the directors cut and never realized some of the theatrical version references footage only found in the director's cut.

I also enjoyed the original Terminator behind the scenes special features. Like the fact the Arnold was originally cast to play Kyle Reese, and both Arnold and James Cameron had epiphanies that Arnold should be the Terminator instead.

If you are a fan of the series, there's plenty of extras on these discs and I am very happy with my purchase.
VINE VOICEon March 9, 2014
I've enjoyed the Terminator franchise from the beginning but had a collection of discs that ranged from Laser Disc to Blu-Ray. I'm glad I decided to get this updated Blu-Ray set as it does provide a number of extra features plus good quality audio and video on all of the discs.

There are a total of five discs in the set which include the three Terminator movies, a fourth disc which features Terminator Salvation and a fifth disc named Terminator Salvation Bonus Disc. There are some very good Special Features which provide interesting insights into the making of the movies.

In summation, this is an excellent set and one the Terminator fan will truly appreciate.
on February 28, 2014
I have been a fan of the Terminator Series since I saw the original Terminator in 1984. The perfect TechNoir peice if I ever saw one. Dark, gritty, unrelenting, & just plain great Sci-Fi!
Terminator 2: Judgement Day went bigger all the way around. A bigger budget. Expansion of the storyline. Bigger & better special effects. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines was a bit of a let down compared to 1 & 2. But you know, it was a good continuation. And Terminator 4: Salvation kinda of ALMOST went back to that Dark & gritty noirish of the original Terminator.
This 5-disc set is the perfect item for someone who likes this series. It's packed with special features that will satify all but the most jaded.
on December 26, 2013
I ordered this set because I love the series. But the disk #2 would not play. It comes up with a notice saying, "Skynet has detected insufficient storage space at this location. Please free up space or insert a removable memory unit with at least 10420K space available." That is as far as you can get the disk to go. Returned for replacement set. New set does same thing. All other disks in set play fine.
88 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2014
I liked this item, quality and sound are great as expected but for the first one, it still looks kind of old, but it's no big deal. what i like the most about this is the special features, it's packed. i havent finished watching them all, it just has so many. that is something i really appreciate. Its a great item for my collection.