About This Edition
From the Publisher
- New section. A new section on complementary and alternative therapies reflects the changing role of holistic health care in our society.
- Real-life records. Inspired by instructor feedback, new SOAP notes have been added to each chapter, along with a list of appropriate questions for instructor use.
- Convenient references. In addition to the Word Parts and Abbreviations appendices, the Glossary of Pathology and Procedures has been reinstated to the 7th Edition, while a new online Spanish-English glossary supports the text's multicultural perspectives.
- Realistic new artwork. More than 200 new pieces of print art and illustrations reflect the latest terms and procedures, including new multi-cultural and multi-generational photos, for an accurate portrayal of today's medical world.
- Compatible software. The accompanying StudyWare™ CD-Rom, complete with professionally recorded vocabulary lists and definitions, is now both PC and Mac compatible and available online--making access to this indispensible tool easy and hassle-free.
- Updated terms. Extensively revised to bring all terms, definitions, procedures, illustrations, and data current, while a new section on alternative therapies helps readers understand the changing role of holistic healthcare in society.
- The comprehensive Medical Terminology review includes study tips, practice exercises, and a simulated final test to help learners prepare for the final examination.
- Additional tools included to support instructors teaching a simplified syllabus.
- Removable flash cards test memory and increase knowledge.
"During my 15+ years of teaching, I have always encouraged my students toincorporate flash cards with their learning process. Many students have their handsfull juggling school, work and home life. The fact that these flash cards are alreadymade is a big time saver for many students."Mary Nichols, Heald College
"I think it's the best book on the market." "I use the CD-ROM for extra credit. I highly recommend its use. Students that use it usually score higher on exams. I find that students use in during downtimes and play the games and practice using exams. These are very useful!"David Stump-Fought, Heald College