Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Exo Terra Heat-Glo Infrared Spot Lamp, 75-Watt/120-Volt
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 75-watt|Change

UPDATE
I purchased this bulb in 2013, and it's now almost 2016 and I'm still on the same bulb. My chicks are long grown up and no longer need the heat, so I started using the bulb to keep my cockatiel warm in his cage at night. Despite being turned on and off daily, the bulb still works. I'm very impressed with the durability and longevity of these bulbs. I will definitely be buying another bulb once (if?) this bulb burns out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used this bulb in a heat lamp in order to keep 4 chicken chicks happy and warm. The light works fabulously - it's warm without being overly bright and because everything looks red in the brooder, the chicks don't peck at each other. I've used it for for 2 batches of chicks so far, and haven't had any problems with burnout. Highly recommended.
review image
on December 21, 2011
My son got a Beardie from a friend and we've been outfitting the tank and purchase an expensive UVA/UVB day time light that works great but needed some heat in the evenings as the heating pads don't really get it warm enough.

We noticed "spike" was not eating that much when the cooler weather set in and we don't turn up the heat in the house very much. He's in the living room and it's big room and can get cool.

We added this red light to give him some additional warmth and it really helps keep one area of the tank at 100 degrees during the day and about 90 at night when we turn off the other lamp. It hasn't disturbed his sleep and he often camps out under this light at night instead of in his little dome.

Without this light the tank drops to high 70's or low 80's and then "Spike" doesn't eat until he warms up. With the addition of this light Spike has a great appetite but we got less than 90 days out of it.

We don't move the fixture it's in or touch it when it's on or hot. I've noticed other people say it didn't last that long and was concerned about that. We even made sure to remove any finger prints before turning it on and don't move it when it's on. Finger prints can leave oil on the bulb which can tend to cause hot spots which may hinder life span. Since it's a heat lamp, the filament can get fragile when it's on and moving the fixture when it's on can also hinder life expectancy. We've been very careful and it still died early.

Received Nov 22, 2011, died February 8, 2012, just 8 days past Amazon's return period.
on March 31, 2016
This 75W lamp works great as a basking lamp for my veiled chameleon and was much less expensive on Amazon than it was at Petco and Petsmart. The 75 watt bulb gives off plenty of heat for my setup and consumes considerably less power than a 100 watt or 150 watt bulb. I have my system n a timer that tracks power consumption. With this bulb, a water fountain and a zoomed 5.0 UVB Mini Compact Fluorescent (13 watts) light set at 14hours per day on it will cost $5 per month in electricity. If I use just the exo terra heat glo 75w bulb and keep it on 24 hrs per day it costs $5 per month in electricity. If this review was helpful please let me know by clicking the helpful button below. I paid full price for this bulb and have no vested interest or ties to the seller or manufacturer.
on October 3, 2013
Don't listen to people who say the bulb blows out fast or stop working. Exo Terra bulbs are one of the best brands I've used. The reason they break on those people who rated this product low is because they either handled the bulb wrong, had it too close to the water ( it's not a splash proof bulb), or put the bulb in a socket that supports lower watts than the bulb. I've seen it all the time. People put 100 watt bulbs in their living room for lighting that only puts out 40-60 watts so, yes it will work at first but will eventually pop or blow after a while. Don't forget, these are HEAT bulbs, so they're hotter than regular bulbs making them pop or blow even faster. I have 6 bulbs in total, 5 of them are made by Exo Terra and I've never had a problem any of them. Please people, make sure you buy the correct watt bulb for the sock!!! Will buy again if need be and recommend it to anyone!
on May 24, 2010
This is a standard light for anyone with bearded dragons and other reptiles. They always work great, but they don't last forever.
The nicest thing about this purchase is that we were able to purchase these lights with shipping for about 1/3 of the cost that our local pet supply store charges. They arrived, well packed and 2 days ahead of schedule.
Excellent light that does what it is designed to do.
Excellent price, too
Thanks
on February 16, 2016
I really liked this bulb. I use it in my chick brooders. Other larger bulbs get too hot & the chicks would try to avoid the light. Under this light the chicks are active & not huddled together or avoiding the light.
It's also not as bright as chick brooder bulbs so the noisy little buggers seem to sleep more.
on July 30, 2015
I have gone through one of these lightbulbs per week for the past 3 weeks (I am on my 3rd). Purchased at both local pet store and on Amazon. The bulbs keep bursting and shattering everywhere. It is not water on the light as it is in a housing a foot above the light. And I have been next to it when it has happened and my turtle was sleeping until it burst. I am not purchasing any more Exo Terra lightbulbs. There is glass everywhere.
on December 15, 2013
I know that warmth and color both affect our health. I experienced a profound healing feeling in my body when i placed this light bulb in a clamp light and placed it where i was exposed to the heat. The Red color also energized me. I've been in a dreary situation for a while and it was very healing. After a shot while, I didn't need Red and still don't feel theneed for it. I do how now use a new reveal 75 watt daylight bulb that seems to help my mood in the ways i need it, up North Where it gets dark and cold in the winter. Tube lights were all i had before and this current situation has made a huge difference for me.
on December 20, 2012
I have a Ball Python and I always buy a 150W red heat lamp, when I cant afford a ceramic bulb (highly recommended if you can drop the extra cash, plus they last longer and are healthier for your reptiles)
This was perfect price, over 50% savings from any pet store. Fits in most medium or large sized heat lamps.
Just remember these can get hot, check what it is directly under the light, the main spot light shouldn't be on paper or something that could get way too hot and burn the belly of your reptile friend.
From my experience with using mine 24hrs for the past 2 weeks: its not as hot as the ones I've previously purchased, but it does the job.
emit

PS. always let your bulb cool down before removing/replacing it. even moving the whole lamp with a hot bulb and accidentally bumping it up against something, even lightly, can break the inside of the bulb.
Definitely not as strong as a ceramic bulb, But good enough!
on July 17, 2016
My lizard take is set up perfect! I bought a 40 watt exo terra red bulb Which work fine. But, my lizard were just laying around not active at all!!! Bought this 100 watt bulb..... WOW huge difference!! They are moving around jumping around the plant's! And yes I have a hot side \ cold side don't want to over heat them!! So I would Definitely recommend this bulb!! I have this on a 20 gallon tank works fine!!!