Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Price:$6.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on August 3, 2012
This will definitely keep the mealworms from escaping. It can easily hold dozens of one-inch mealworms plus some gutloading stuff and a slice of carrot. It's very well made and sturdy just like all the other Exo Terra pieces. All my decors and hides are Exo Terra so this matches the rest of what I have in my leopard gecko tank perfectly. However, some leopard geckos may not be able to find the mealworms inside. 1" deep glass bowls are better for leopard geckos.
on July 13, 2012
I bought this for my Leopard Geckos. They are fed primarily meal worms, and sometimes crickets. This keeps the meal worms pretty contained, and the lizards know exactly where to go for food. They get in and out of it fine. A good addition to any terrarium.
on June 17, 2013
Simply put it works. It keeps mealworms and other feeder worms contained and doesn't look out of place in a tank.
on January 3, 2015
3 years ago we purchased our first Exo Terra Worm dish/mealworm feeder, and after much dependence and scrubbing, the quality of the product convinced me to get a 2nd one.

Quality of construction aside, the functionality of the dish is hit-or-miss, but it isn't so much a design issue as it is a pet issue. First trying this out in our crestie's tank for when we were away, we decided this was a bad choice for a tropical terrarium. Whether some worms escaped or our crestie dropped them when "playing" with them, some time later I found beetles in the tank and I freaked out until I realized the source. Moving right along...

We started using the dish in our desert tank, for our leopard geckos. In the past year, we have only found one worm escapee-turned-beetle, which is great (for me). The girls do have a hard time "seeing" the worms in the bowl, but when we are out of town and they aren't receiving their regular supply of crickets, they always seem to find the dish and their food. I consider that success, so when we brought home our new baby beardie, I immediately ordered a 2nd dish.

The breakdown: the dish works as advertised, but just like all things in life, there will be exceptions. Sometimes a worm will get out, either because he is long enough to stretch a side up over the lip or because your pet dropped it outside the bowl. If you expect "things" to happen on occasion, you will find the dish to be just fine. The bowl's opening is probably better served for reptiles up to 9 or 10 inches, but a pet that "grows up" using the dish will remain familiar enough with it to work things out. Once they associate the bowl with live food, you will both come to appreciate the convenience. Expect a learning process and not overnight success, and you will find the dish to be just fine. The bowl is heavier that it looks, which even our full-grown leos can't budge. They have never knocked the top off either. Do not give a giant a teacup, and you will find the dish to be...just fine!
on February 28, 2015
Out of the box, I thought this bowl is entirely too large but decided to try it out. To my surprise, crickets think it is an ideal hiding spot which makes easy pickings for the geckos.
on April 24, 2013
Usually I get up in the morning and feed NINJA my kids waterdragon, with this feeder I filled it up last night and skipped the worm part of my morning this morning, I dig.
on April 6, 2015
This feeder dish is amazing!!!! I used to have to drop the worms into my bearded dragon's tank every day and wait for him to eat them so I could pick them back out but not anymore! Some worms have escaped, only 2, however I have had these super worms for awhile and they are quite large. So it doesn't really surprise my that they managed to find a way out. However even with the couple of escapees it is still worth it, and my bearded dragon figured out where the worms were right away.

Just take a look around your beardies tank when you collect their food dishes at the end of the day to catch any escape artists (if you are using large worms, smaller worms like phoenix worms, and medium sized super worms shouldn't escape) and you shouldn't have any problems. This dish will definitely make your life easier.
on September 1, 2015
Great idea, not so great in keeping superworms and some mealworms from escaping tho.
on January 17, 2015
I like it, bought it for my bearded dragon and at first he wouldnt go near it. But eventually he figured out that the worms were inside so now everytime i put the dish in his cage he runs right over and starts digging around in it cause he knows its mealtime. Only reason i dont give it 5 stars is cause i would have liked the lid to fit flush against the bowl. I notice that the large phoenix worms are big enough to reach the space between the lid and the bowl ledge inside of the bowl and crawl through it to escape. Every day i gotta do a tank check for escaped worms
on March 7, 2013
I work a lot so this helps with feeding my beardie when I'm away. Mealworms stay exactly where they should and that's in the dish. It is very easy to clean. i actually own two one small and one large. If you have a baby lizard I would reccomend getting the small dish first because it's hard for them to get the worms out and they sometime may fall in (lizard) but overall this is a great investment.