Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on October 23, 2010
As my review title states, I purchased this to replace the tailcap on my Maglite Mini AA Multimode (this one: MAGLITE SP2210H 2-AA Cell Mini LED Flashlight with Holster, Silver) because I prefer the easy one-hand operation of a clicky switch. It installed in seconds and works perfectly. I now have easier access to all four modes the Maglite offers by simply pushing the switch repeatedly until I arrive at the desired mode--without having to lose my desired focus each time. Unlike some other reviewers have stated, the switch fits flush onto the end of my light and seems to form just as tight of a seal as the original tailcap (although I have not tested its watertightness and don't plan to). I can also still use the candle mode (by turning on the light, removing the tailcap and standing the Maglite upside down) without any balance problems. The switch has a sturdy feel to it and requires enough pressure to activate that I'm not worried about it turning on accidentally in my pocket.

The only two cons are very minor: first, the lens included in the package seems of cheaper construction than the original lens that comes with the light, even after accounting for the fact that it was already scratched upon arrival. Also, the switch is black, so it doesn't match the silver color of my light. These two things aren't enough to take away a star, because the switch does exactly what I wanted it to do: it retains all the functionality of my light, but makes it even easier to use.

If you have a question I haven't addressed in my review, please feel free to leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.

UPDATE: I have to drop two stars from my initial review (from 5 to 3) because of two problems that have developed with the switch. Firstly, the switch has become inconsistent in the amount of light it puts out for each mode; also, even when the switch seems to be working perfectly, the amount of illumination from each mode is noticeably lower than it is with the original MagMini tailcap. I'm not a flashlight expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I imagine this is due to the Terralux having a higher impedance than the original tailcap. Anyway, I've put the original cap back on, because I'd rather have a consistently bright flashlight than a clicky switch.
on February 11, 2011
High quality tailcap switch for Mini-Mag.
Adds the convenience of a "tactical" style tailcap switch to any Mini-Maglite.
This is no Nite Ize upgrade!
This is by far the best tailcap upgrade for Mini-Maglite!
Everyone I show this to, buys one for themselves.
As for installing this on a stock LED Mini-Maglite, just stretch the spring until the batteries don't rattle.
I now have this installed on all my Mini-Maglites as do all my friends.
on December 7, 2010
I gave it 4 stars since it was not mentioned in the add that this won't work for the Mini Mag LED. The spring is too short to work on an LED Mini Maglite. The batteries rattle around inside the light.

EDIT: Works great for incandescent version, a.k.a. Mini Maglite 2AA. Just don't try it in your LED version.
on March 8, 2014
Fits my 69 lumen LED Mini Maglite. O-ring seals well. Clicks on-off. Half push while on changes mode. Received black button which I like better than red pictured. A delight to use light without always changing focus setting. Time will tell if durable. For now it works great.
on July 1, 2014
If you're like me you have mini mags all around the house. You would think I collected them. They seem to come out of the woodwork when you move and find all the places you put or left them. This was a nice addition to a couple of them, when having a push button makes it a little easier to turn them.
on January 28, 2014
I bought this for an old incandescent Mini Mag i was upgrading to LED. I had wanted a tailcap switch for my AA Mini Maglite LED PRO (SP2P01H), but saw many reviews claiming that the switches on the market did not work.

Anyway when this switch arrived, I figured I would try it on the LED just for the heck of it. And guess what, it worked! I was not expecting it to. Maybe TerraLUX updated their switch, maybe it's the specific model I have (SP2P01H), but it definitely worked. I don't have a lux meter to test the light output, but checking the beam in a dark room with a fresh set of batteries, it seems to be the same.

I can't guarantee this will work on every LED Mini Mag, but at the cost it might be worth the chance. Now I just have to order another one for my incandescent.
on July 16, 2014
If you have the mini maglite this is the best conversion switch. They were discontinued for a while, glad to see they are back. These will not fit the first series LED mini. They fit the standard mini and the new LED ones.
on October 23, 2015
First off these things are no longer made, which is unfortunate. So if you see one and you are thinking of getting one, grab it. These are far superior to the Nite Ize switches don't even bother with those. The only real issue is the lanyard hole is tiny. You cant get anything through there except for a tiny wire loop or a piece of thread.
on February 15, 2015
I read the reviews for this end-cap switch and the other, more expensive, one. Most of the complaints had to do with the device not working, at least at first, and the customer having to fiddle with the device to get it to work. I'm happy to report that I had absolutely NO problem with this switch. I unscrewed the original cap, screwed on the new one and it worked perfectly, from the get-go. This saves twisting the head to turn it on and off. You'll love it to death.
on December 1, 2011
Ordered for my older 2AA Mag Lite but found it works equally well on my brand new 2AA LED Mag Lite. Nice quality metal construction and the black color blends perfectly with the standard black Mini Maglites. The lanyard loop was a bit to short for my liking so I removed it from the loop and it slips better into my nylon belt holster that way. The kit comes with a new clear lens which I really liked since my old one had cracked after 20 years. Overall nice way to turn your flashlight on without twisting the head every time. Nice upgrade to an old friend.