Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: Large|Color: Black|Change

on April 27, 2010
Great gloves liners. The manufacturer's sizing information is as follows:

Small - 6.5 - 7
Medium 7.5 - 8
Large 8.5 - 9
Xlarge 9.5 - 10

The numbers refer to the circumference of your hand (in inches) measured around your knuckles. The sizes for these gloves run a little small when compared to other manufacturers who generally consider 8 and below as "small".
99 comments|554 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 23, 2009
These silk glove liners are a god-send to those who desire extra warmth in the winter months, or for people whose fingers and hands tend to get cold easily. The liners are very thin, being silk, and will easily fit under your usual gloves (provided your existing gloves are not too tight).

There is much to like about thermasilk liners:

1. They wick sweat and moisture from the hands to outer layers keeping hands dry.
2. They provide an extra layer of warmth beneath your regular gloves.
3. They are a decent pair of gloves to wear alone if the temperature is above 45 - 50 degrees.
4. They work great for skiing, sledding, skating, and other outdoor activities where extra warmth is needed without bulk.

A few downsides:

1. Added cost (but offset in my opinion due to the increase in warmth.
2. Silk products in general tend to snag fairly easily, so they do not last a long time - at least this has been my experience.
3. Somewhat "slippery" due to silk surface. Definitely not "driving gloves".

There are similar glove liners made out of polypropylene, which are perhaps just as good as silk, (and perhaps longer-lasting) but there is something elegant about silk! Alternate product to consider: Polypro Glove Liners - Black

konedog
0Comment|271 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
These glove liners make an unbelievable difference. They are thin and fit inside my gloves with no problems. You would think a pair of lined leather gloves would keep your hands warm but when you're riding a motorcycle several hundred miles in 30 and 40 degree temperatures, your hands are going to get cold even with lined leather gloves. These glove liners will keep your hands warm.
11 comment|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2008
These are sold as liners to wear inside your ski gloves, and I'm sure that's a good use too, but here is Los Angeles, it doesn't get quite that cold. So these are absolutely perfect for chilly days, and best of all, they are thin, so you can still work with your fingers. As they used to say in the Playtex rubber glove ads, "I can pick up up a dime (with these on)!" I wear them in the grocery store when it's freezing in there, and at work when they crank the AC so high my fingers won't type. They are perfect for that kind of thing. So all you non-skiers, get some today!
on October 17, 2011
As a year-round cyclist in Chicago, I am always seeking to improve my cold weather capabilities. Finding the right gear for my morning commute is particularly important as I don't have time to return home and change clothes. Keeping hands warm is a often the most difficult part because there is a tradeoff between insulation and dexterity. Ski gloves are generally too bulky for cycling. My Trek cycling gloves, which are somewhat oversized and very flexible, are useful down to around 35 to 40 degrees. So I purchased the Terramar Thermasilk liners to provide additional insulation without inhibiting the needed flexibility. What I have found is that they do provide a significant insulative benefit while still allowing the gloves to be flexible. So far, I have been able to ride a two mile commute in the morning at temperatures down to 28 degrees without any problems.

Apart from providing additional insulation, the liners can be briefly used alone when additional dexterity is required and when bear skin, even for a short time, would be uncomfortable. So, when I am unlocking my bicycle, I wear just the Thermasilk liners. However, these liners get very dirty, very quickly. So, avoid white if you can. Another annoyance is that they snag on common materials such as Velcro and begin to pill (i.e. form fuzz balls) very quickly. Taking the pros and cons of these liners, my verdict is they, in combination with by Trek cycling gloves, are the best solution I have found for cold weather cycling.

Pros
Provide additional insulation
Don't inhibit dexterity when being used with gloves
Allow excellent, temporary dexterity when being used alone

Cons
Gets dirty fast
Snag on common materials like Velcro
Pilling
One extra garment to carry
77 comments|259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2009
On their own, these work well in temperatures down to 35 or so degrees. Below that, they add significant warmth as liners. They're breathable, light and fit easily under gloves without added bulk. Dry quickly when they get wet, too.

Another reviewer's advice to avoid white is well founded. I work out of doors through January. The black gloves don't show the considerable dirt that I accumulate.

The only minor drawback is durability. And I can't really blame the gloves. I lost another pair of gloves and was wearing these for a few weeks while working outside. There's now a large hole in one fingertip.

Obviously, they're excellent as liners and can be worn alone for non-manual labor.

I'm very pleased with them.
on November 2, 2013
This pair of gloves has a tag sewn on that proclaims they are 100% silk. That is simply false. I already own a lot of silk items and the feel they have is nothing like these gloves. These gloves are made of nylon. DON'T BUY THEM. If I could give these ZERO STARS I would!
on January 24, 2012
The breadth sizing in another review was quite accurate but unfortunately the fingers are ridiculously short on these gloves. The fabric is pretty cool: thin and soft and probably great as a thin pair of liner gloves. But they don't fit and my fingers are certainly not long.
on February 15, 2014
After using these about 3 times, they began to rip apart at the fingertips. If you happen to touch velcro even once, they start to unravel. Seemed sort of warm when they were whole, but soon had holes that allowed my fingers to poke through. Very thin construction.
on November 6, 2013
I will make this short and helpful to my fellow Amazon shoppers. I ordered the Therramar Adult Glove Liners to keep me warm during the cold months ahead. I Also wanted to be able to to use my hands for typing or writing, etc. I live in the Northwest so it doesn't get crazy cold. But my fingers do get very cold when it drops below 40. So when they arrived, i wore them twice, both times during the night when it got near freezing lever at 32. They kept my fingers warm, that's the good part. However, after the second time, they started to rip in two different places near the knuckles. Complete waste of my hard earned money. I wouldn't have minded if they made it through one winter but two uses?? What a joke. How can gloves keep you warm, if they have holes or rips that let cold in??

Please be aware.