Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Terramar Thermasilk Over The Calf Sock Liner
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 8, 2015
Well I ordered the wrong size. Oops! Really like the material of these socks. Perfect thinness to wear as a base layer under my wool socks. I was mislead on the size based by other reviews.
This is the size chart on the back of the package:
XS: M(1-3.5)/W(2-4.5)
S: M(3-5.5)/W(4-6.5)
M: M(6-8.5)/W(7-9.5)
L:M(9-12)/W(10-13)
XL: M(12.5-15)/W(13.5-15)

Wish the size chart was posted on the product info before I ordered them.
0Comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
These socks are great. Keep me warm without making my feet sweat. The only complaint I have is that they don't really tell you how the sizing goes. I got a large set and it's a little too big. A medium would have been perfect, but I'm ok with the large, too. I am a Women's 10/ Men's 8-9, by the way.
11 comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2010
I used this sock liner on a ski trip to Tahoe for some spring skiing. The sock liner fit well under my main sock and provided a good level of moisture wicking. These features helped to keep my feet dry and comfortable even under the warmer skiing conditions. Would definitely reccomend this product.
on November 28, 2011
These and the other Thermasilk items I purchased (pants/shirts)are fantastic. They fit snug enough without being binding. The material is soft and kind of mesh like and works great under socks or even by themselves. I purchased 4 pairs of socks in size large and they fit me (ladies size 10 shoe) and my husband (mens size 11/12 shoe). They're obviously a little looser on me, but still comfortable and they have enough give so they also fit him comfortably. They do a great job keeping our feet warm and dry.
on May 7, 2013
I have a large American size 12.5 foot and the XL size fits perfectly. The material is soft to the skin and thin. I haven't worn them enough to test their durability yet, but so far so good. As a sock liner worn with a heavier cotton sock outside they are exceptionally comfortable, though they seem to work well enough by themselves as well.

For anyone who regularly travels, these take up 2/3 of the space in my bag as my cotton dress socks and 1/2 the space of my larger cotton athletic socks.

For anyone sensitive to weight, (I bought these in preparation for a bicycle tour) this pair of socks (XL) weighed 51.7g (1.8oz) on my scale. For reference against regular socks, a pair of similarly sized dress socks that I own weighed in at 59g (2.1oz) and a worn out pair of Hanes cotton socks which have been washed so many times that they have lost much of their softness, weighed in at 65g (2.3oz).

Before I lost my big toenails skiing, my toes had a history of tearing holes into thin/ dress socks by the 2nd washing. Gold Toe brand dress socks were the only socks that seemed to do better, though since these cost about as much as a Gold Toe sock I'm hoping they will perform as well. though, without toe nails, it might be a while before I get to test them(-:
on April 24, 2013
This works extremely well with wool hunting socks in keeping your feet warm on cold days in the deer stand.
on November 24, 2009
These men's socks are "below the knee". Well, below the knee I measure 12 inches and at the widest part of my calf I am 13 inches (all muscle). The upper rib on these socks (unstretched) measures only 7 1/2 inches.
The top of the sock stretched to 13 inches on me, but were SO tight below my knee that they cut off my circulation!

So, I took my sharp pairs of shears and cut the elastic off. Now they fit comfortably without the elastic, and surprisingly, also stay up on my calves. I can fold down the top 1/8 inch and stitch on my machine and wear this pair.

However, I haven't decided whether to keep the other 4 pairs I ordered. They're expensive considering that, in order to wear them comfortably, I have to modify them so severely.

A size large does fit a women's size 9 1/2 foot nicely.
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2011
These socks did everything I wanted them to do. I purchased them to go to New York in December. My feet never got cold. They were not binding or too tight.
on June 12, 2015
I wore these for nearly a month straight while working out doors in NYC during the rather cold 2014 winter.

Positives:
* VERY Durable
* Size fit perfectly (I have average sized feet)
* VERY comfortable
* Removed moisture away
* Easy to wash out in the sink
* Dries very quickly

Cons
* Very slight fraying around the top opening after heavy use; hasn't unwound.
on January 5, 2015
Well made and what I expected. I saw several comments on these socks asking for sizing information, which is not included in the description. The packaging I received includes all the specifics for sizing. It's very detailed and lists shoe sizes for both men and women. THE SELLER should add that information to the description.