5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for sleep or light but warm underwear
Published on December 16, 2008 by K. Draper

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps warmish but is very short
Published on December 16, 2011 by Anna

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous for sleep or light but warm underwear, December 16, 2008
I have been buying these silk "pointelle" long tops and bottoms for several years now. They suit my purposes perfectly, and there is nothing else like them. First of all: they are very thin and sheer, but that's how they are meant to be. Silk will keep you warm, without overheating you, that's the nature of the fabric. I love them to sleep in--they are just right. It's not often terribly cold in my area, but when it is, wearing these tops and bottoms is a good solution, to give that extra bit of insulation without bulk. In fact, you hardly know that you are wearing them.

Because they are made of sheer silk, they are delicate and need to be handled accordingly. Hand wash (I put mine in a mesh bag, and use the "handwash" cycle on my washing machine). Dry on low. And be careful that you don't snag them when you wear them.

The fit is snug, so I order a size up.

Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Product For Me!, December 28, 2009
As a rule, I am always cold. I have been wearing this top (Terramar silk pointelle) for years, and it never disappoints: The moment I slip it on, the most acute part of my chill dissipates. It's that simple. It is an amazing product, and I have tried them all in the past...Lifa, polypro, waffled...you name it! This one beats them all! Moreover, is is lightweight, soft, and very comfortable. I forget I'm wearing it. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and silky!, January 14, 2009
This review is from: Terramar Women's Thermasilk Scoop Neck Top (Sports Apparel)
This is a very lightweight top which is great to wear under clothing. It is very silkly feeling against the skin. Although when I washed it the first time using Ivory gentle detergent, cool water, and washed by hand, it lost some of the silkyness and shrank a tad. Next time I will use less detergent and very "cold" water. Just a heads-up to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm arms at last!, December 31, 2009
Marilyn Cobert (Knoxville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I have been chilly in the winter for a long time, and I decided to do something about it. A friend had told me that silk was warm; in fact, hunters and outdoor sportsmen wore silk underwear exclusively. So, I ordered the Thermasilk top to see if it would help. It arrived this week; I put it on immediately, and I am so pleased. With just a knit shirt over it, I have been comfortable. If it gets really cold, I can add another layer, but the chilly feeling is gone. I'm glad to recommend this to any other older lady who's tired of being chilly all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cold in Montana in June, July 18, 2011
Amazon Customer (Phoenix, Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
This item is soft and thin, but very warm and wearable under most clothes. The material is similar to tights so you have to be careful not to snag the material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you warm and toasty!, June 7, 2010
I bought this for my daughter for snowboarding and she just loves it. When you first look at it you would never think it could keep you warm, but it does. It is light and comfortable and her favorite snowboarding shirt.

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps warmish but is very short, December 16, 2011
This is so incredibly thin I figured it would not keep me warm AT ALL, but it at least does an ok job at that. I would not say that it makes me nice and toasty on a cold day out skiing, but keeps me from being completely chilled to the bones. However, unlike every other "long underwear" I have ever had for skiing, this is not long in length at all. In fact, I can only wear it with ski pants as they come up higher than normal pants. Jeans don't even reach the bottom of this top, just leaving it hanging open on my midriff which is a very poor design. I don't see anyone else mentioning this so maybe I just got a top form a bad lot, but I thought it worth mentioning. The top is good for one of many layers, but I can't really count on it as a sole under layer to a sweater and coat as it just doesn't do THAT great a job at keeping you warm if you are out in the snow. If it is just mildy chilly and you are wearing them to add just a thin (and I do mean thin) layer for extra warmth then these are for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, November 26, 2011
I purchased this underlayer for an outdoor trip during cold weather and it is a very comfortable undergarment that will not take up so much room under your clothing that the fit is made tight. That is exactly what I wanted. It is warm but breathable. I like the feel of it, though I could see as other writers have said that it would need to be washed by hand as the fabric is very delicate,sort of like a pair of pantyhose, but a little thicker. This top makes a perfect travel piece and would make a perfect lightweight pajama. I think it would be useful in both hot and cold weather. When I washed it by hand it was always perfectly dry by the morning. I like it so much I may purchase another!

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be smaller/thicker, December 5, 2011
I bought the x-small but it was still too roomy for my taste. I'm usually a size 0-2. If I'm going to have a layer this thin, I want it to fit like pantyhose. It also has a pattern on it, kinda like snowflakes, but I wanted something plain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 24, 2011
JDC (Beaufort, SC, US) - See all my reviews
I bought a set of these (top and bottom) for my wife as a Christmas gift. After I bought them and before she received them, I probed her for Christmas ideas. I was dismayed when she said she wouldn't want any "long underwear" as they are bulky and would make her look bigger. Great! I reluctantly gave them as a gift anyway. I am glad I did. She loves them! They are quite thin and are just enough to take the chill off in the winter. More often than not she sleeps in them, as they don't twist and bunch up like most sleepwear.

They are very shear. As in see through. Not necessarily a bad thing but something one needs to know.