Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Terramar Women's Thermasilk Pointelle Scoop (Natural, Small)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Small|Color: Natural|Change

VINE VOICEon December 16, 2008
I have been buying these silk "pointelle" long tops and bottoms for several years now. They suit my purposes perfectly, and there is nothing else like them. First of all: they are very thin and sheer, but that's how they are meant to be. Silk will keep you warm, without overheating you, that's the nature of the fabric. I love them to sleep in--they are just right. It's not often terribly cold in my area, but when it is, wearing these tops and bottoms is a good solution, to give that extra bit of insulation without bulk. In fact, you hardly know that you are wearing them.

Because they are made of sheer silk, they are delicate and need to be handled accordingly. Hand wash (I put mine in a mesh bag, and use the "handwash" cycle on my washing machine). Dry on low. And be careful that you don't snag them when you wear them.

The fit is snug, so I order a size up.

Enjoy!
22 comments|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2009
As a rule, I am always cold. I have been wearing this top (Terramar silk pointelle) for years, and it never disappoints: The moment I slip it on, the most acute part of my chill dissipates. It's that simple. It is an amazing product, and I have tried them all in the past...Lifa, polypro, waffled...you name it! This one beats them all! Moreover, is is lightweight, soft, and very comfortable. I forget I'm wearing it. I highly recommend this product.
0Comment|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2009
This is a very lightweight top which is great to wear under clothing. It is very silkly feeling against the skin. Although when I washed it the first time using Ivory gentle detergent, cool water, and washed by hand, it lost some of the silkyness and shrank a tad. Next time I will use less detergent and very "cold" water. Just a heads-up to others.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2009
I have been chilly in the winter for a long time, and I decided to do something about it. A friend had told me that silk was warm; in fact, hunters and outdoor sportsmen wore silk underwear exclusively. So, I ordered the Thermasilk top to see if it would help. It arrived this week; I put it on immediately, and I am so pleased. With just a knit shirt over it, I have been comfortable. If it gets really cold, I can add another layer, but the chilly feeling is gone. I'm glad to recommend this to any other older lady who's tired of being chilly all the time.
on July 18, 2011
This item is soft and thin, but very warm and wearable under most clothes. The material is similar to tights so you have to be careful not to snag the material.
on November 26, 2011
I purchased this underlayer for an outdoor trip during cold weather and it is a very comfortable undergarment that will not take up so much room under your clothing that the fit is made tight. That is exactly what I wanted. It is warm but breathable. I like the feel of it, though I could see as other writers have said that it would need to be washed by hand as the fabric is very delicate,sort of like a pair of pantyhose, but a little thicker. This top makes a perfect travel piece and would make a perfect lightweight pajama. I think it would be useful in both hot and cold weather. When I washed it by hand it was always perfectly dry by the morning. I like it so much I may purchase another!
on June 7, 2010
I bought this for my daughter for snowboarding and she just loves it. When you first look at it you would never think it could keep you warm, but it does. It is light and comfortable and her favorite snowboarding shirt.
on December 16, 2011
This is so incredibly thin I figured it would not keep me warm AT ALL, but it at least does an ok job at that. I would not say that it makes me nice and toasty on a cold day out skiing, but keeps me from being completely chilled to the bones. However, unlike every other "long underwear" I have ever had for skiing, this is not long in length at all. In fact, I can only wear it with ski pants as they come up higher than normal pants. Jeans don't even reach the bottom of this top, just leaving it hanging open on my midriff which is a very poor design. I don't see anyone else mentioning this so maybe I just got a top form a bad lot, but I thought it worth mentioning. The top is good for one of many layers, but I can't really count on it as a sole under layer to a sweater and coat as it just doesn't do THAT great a job at keeping you warm if you are out in the snow. If it is just mildy chilly and you are wearing them to add just a thin (and I do mean thin) layer for extra warmth then these are for you
on December 5, 2011
I bought the x-small but it was still too roomy for my taste. I'm usually a size 0-2. If I'm going to have a layer this thin, I want it to fit like pantyhose. It also has a pattern on it, kinda like snowflakes, but I wanted something plain.
on April 24, 2011
I bought a set of these (top and bottom) for my wife as a Christmas gift. After I bought them and before she received them, I probed her for Christmas ideas. I was dismayed when she said she wouldn't want any "long underwear" as they are bulky and would make her look bigger. Great! I reluctantly gave them as a gift anyway. I am glad I did. She loves them! They are quite thin and are just enough to take the chill off in the winter. More often than not she sleeps in them, as they don't twist and bunch up like most sleepwear.

They are very shear. As in see through. Not necessarily a bad thing but something one needs to know.