5.0 out of 5 stars Fator's No Dummy
Ever wonder what happen to some of those American's Got Talent winners. Bianca Ryan who was the first winner seem to vanish after her first CD.

However when it comes to Terry Fator, you see he has ventriloquism talent and musical chops to pull off a show worth a million bucks. His "Wooden" friends are believeable and enjoyable.

When I got the...
Published on August 12, 2009 by Bennet Pomerantz

3.0 out of 5 stars Terry Fader live in Las Vegas
Terry Fader was very funny, the DVD is better than the presentation the they showed on television. When he made the mistake of talking in his voice voice and talking with the puppet made it funnier yet. Terry handled the situation very professionally.
Published 5 months ago by David Unterburger

5.0 out of 5 stars Fator's No Dummy, August 12, 2009
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)

When I got the screener DVD, it did not have the commentary tracks as the final copy did, it only had the filmed concert. This is-- according to a friend who seen his live show at the Mirage -- his live show. It transfer well to DVD. Better than some of Jeff Dunham's DVDs. The show of puppets and music will keep you laughing and humming along. His range and vocal talent is so verse for entertainment

There is one problem with this show, there is a Micheal Jackson comedy duet with one of the puppets that seems to fall flat due to MJ's death.

One of the highlighs of the show is when Fator makes a male live audience member into a Cher puppet (dress and all). Fator does Sonny for a I got you Babe song

This is real family entertainment with an edge for young and old alike. After you see this once , you want to see this again

So Terry, when is the next DVD. I want to see more!

Bennet Pomerantz AUDIOWORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Entertainer, June 25, 2009
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)
I just saw his Vegas show at the Mirage. The characters are so realistic. You believe Terry is conversing with another person. He is so musically talented in many different genres! This is a great keepsake if you have seen him live, and for those not able to go to the Mirage, it will be a great substitute. He is a major entertainer of our day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulously funny!!, August 11, 2009
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)
I saw Terry Fator at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. I never watched "America's Got Talent" so I didn't know who he was. What a show this was!! Terry Fator's characters are so funny and they seem so real because they each have a personality of their own, and Terry can really sing. He can sing anything - Rock, Soul, Country, etc. I obviously can't keep going to Vegas so I am ordering this DVD so I can view this show in my own living room. I can't wait to get the DVD so I can see him again. We absolutely loved him!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Talent, December 23, 2009
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)
Our family first saw Terry Fator on America's Got Talent. We instantly fell in love and were rooting for him from the very beginning. Hit talent to not only do ventriloquism, but also do amazing impersonations, blew us away. When he won AGT, we were thrilled for him and began watching his performances whenever we could on talk shows or You Tube. We have always watched him with our kids as he always presented good, clean family entertainment. We were so excited when he released his DVD. We bought it and sat down to watch it as a family. Within the first few minutes we were disappointed at the amount of adult humor. We were expecting the same "good, clean family entertainment" that he'd provided our family with in all his past performances. On this DVD, even the puppets that my children loved on You Tube were making inappropriate jokes or using vulgar language. My husband and I still really enjoy watching him, but we are sadly disappointed that the purchase we made for our family is inappropriate for our children, who love Terry Fator. We do understand he is a Vegas act and needed to make some changes to be in Vegas in order to sustain his act for an hour for an audience of adults; but were not expecting all the vulgar humor that we saw. Since I was not prepared at all for the PG-13 humor, I wanted to write a review in hopes that someone else is better prepared for what they would see if they bought it. Make no mistake, we feel that Terry Fator absolutely deserved to win AGT and is one of the most talented entertainers ever! We love him, but were disappointed at his changes in his act to make it more adult geared and less family entertainment.

4.0 out of 5 stars "All right, Terry, put on your safety goggles, 'cause the underpants are about to start flying.", September 4, 2009
H. Bala "Me Too Can Read" (Recently moved back to Carson, California, or as I call it... the center of the universe) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)
Given, I'm pretty much hells to the no! when it comes to television reality shows. But a buddy said to check out this guy Terry Fator on YouTube, and so I did and was promptly flabbergasted (YouTube also clued me in to Cas Haley, an amazing singer, so maybe I'm missing out on America's Got Talent). Anyway, I knew I was getting this DVD once I heard about it.

For a guy whose main shtick, on the surface, is puppets, Terry Fator keeps you avidly tuned in for 71 minutes worth of show. But that's because there's much more to his act than just puppets. Dude is a capable ventriloquist, an uncanny impersonator, and a damn good singer. Add to that the fact that he doesn't pepper his act with the usual bland crop of puppet jokes. Oh, he does have puppet jokes, but I thought they were quite clever and very funny.

If you've caught his stuff on America's Got Talent, then you'll be familiar with several of his puppets and that these puppets do impersonations of famous singers. Okay, the pre-show gimmick is lame (Terry goes looking all over the Mirage casino for his missing puppets). But then Emma Taylor starts off the actual show with an awesome rendition of Etta James's "At Last" (the same song which wowwed the A.G.T. judges in Terry's audition). Winston the Impersonating Turtle, Terry's second favorite puppet, shows up and, of course, it's not a show without Winston singing "What A Wonderful World" as Kermit the Frog in a duet with Terry who also doubles as Louis Armstrong. But Terry's favorite puppet is actually that there cowboy dummy Walter T. Airdale. One of the best laughs happens when Terry Fator, gigged out as Michael Jackson, does a duet with the less-than-enthused Walter T. Airdale (who uneasily states: "Wait, somethin' - somethin' ain't right up here").

Other puppets are introduced - and Fator lends all of these with their own unique voices - the most outrageous of which is Viccki the Cougar (and I don't mean a cat!). I didn't catch any profanity being dropped in the show, but get yourself ready for some raunchy bits and some serious innuendo. Surprisingly, there's a smattering of shock value injected here and there. That's another thing I liked about Terry Fator's act, that it has bite and also that the jokes just aren't one-offs. There's an internal consistency to the humor, the gags extending naturally from Terry's ability to set up his puppets' characters and backstories. But, yeah, Terry does push the envelope juuust a tad, with the cougar routine and also when he introduces Julius, the exuberant black puppet. The Michael Jackson bit was taped before Michael's death, and so, to reflect this, there's an appeasing "Please don't hate" sort of note inserted in the DVD case.

And just to prove that he can actually carry a tune without hiding behind a dummy, he sings a few songs, propless. One of these songs happens to be "I Started A Joke," which I really appreciate because that's one of my favorite Bee Gees songs and Terry is perfectly on point with the voice impersonation.

The DVD to TERRY FATOR: LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS comes with two audio commentaries: one with Terry Fator, writer Rick Kerns, and director Mark Goffman; the other with Terry Fator and his puppet voices. Also included is a mini-book reprinting Chapter 1 of Terry's autobiography WHO'S THE DUMMY NOW?

If you like ventriloquist's puppets mimicking folks like Elvis, Roy Orbison, Aaron Neville, Marvin Gaye, Brooks & Dunn, the Bee Gees, and even Kermit the Frog (and the cougar covers the Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha")... And if you dig stage assistants who are drop dead smoking hot... If you like being entertained by a remarkable, offbeat, and unique Vegas act (and, sorry, but Jeff Dunham's puppets can't sing or impersonate famous singers)... well, yeah, get your paws on this one. Now I'm off to get Cas Haley's CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fator is Fabulous, August 13, 2009
jmb (Mesa, Az) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)
I followed Terry on America's Got Talent and pegged him to win from his first audition. I saw him at the Mirage in Vegas
and he was unbelievable! I can't wait to get the DVD!!

4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful Giovanni music and more, July 11, 2006
This Giovanni concert is filled with non-stop beautiful music in Giovanni's usual style as well as some surprises. The guest musicians are fabulous and their talent adds to the enjoyment of this DVD. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves great music and a very entertaining and relaxing listening experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great....., August 7, 2008
Giovanni is one of the most talented composers of this age, he nearly makes the piano speak, his music has a unique signature. Each great piece he wrote has Giovanni's soul poured into it. This Las Vegas concert proves that Giovanni is also a great entertainer, and an outstanding performer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you cant go to Vegas, September 1, 2009
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)
This is the perfect thing to own if you are Terry Fator fan and cant make it to Vegas to see the show live. The show was filmed during 2 shows on Febuary 28th to March 1st. Its pretty much the whole show with an amusing opening. It was edited since its two shows and to help cut time in between certain things (costume changes, etc)

Every puppet is on the show.

Winston the Impersonating Turtle: enough said

Julius- he is a singer that can sing with...soul

Emma Taylor- the best friend you can ever have

Vicky- better hide your 21 or younger boyfriends because this Kouger is loose

Lenard Tompkin: The best Elvis impersonator.....that doesnt know any Elvis song

Dougie Scott Walker- Terry's annoying neighbor

Walter T Airdale- The worlds greatest country singer

Halfway through the show there is a mistake but Terry turns into one of the funniest moments ever.

Special features:

Commentary by Terry Fator and the director of the show
Commentary by the puppets themselves
A small book with the first chaper of Fator's autobiography "Who's the dummy now"

If you get the delux edition it comes with that plus:

The Terry Fator story (a 45 minute documentary) w. optional commentary
A performance he with someone (I forgot but they say on the cover)

Like I said this is perfect if you cant make the Vegas show. Its like you are there you just need a casino and its like you are at the "Mirage" casino

4.0 out of 5 stars A true genius, September 10, 2009
This review is from: Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas (DVD)
Terry Fator is absolutely amazing to watch. He can sing pretty darn well on his own but when he sings through his puppets the magic really happens. Seriously... the guy has his mouth nearly closed and he can still do impressions better than most normal impressionists! There's only a little adult humor in the DVD so overall it's family friendly. I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting to watch a great show.

As to the DVD itself, I wish they could have kept on one camera view for longer than two seconds. The constant jumping around is more than a little annoying. I am rating the DVD based on the quality of the recording, not on Terry himself!

Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas
Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas by Terry Fator (DVD - 2009)
$14.98 $7.99