Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

I've read many books about direct marketing and each has had it strong points. The problem is that each book tends to cover one or two areas and so to get a thorough understanding of all the options in direct marketing you have to read a lot of books. This book covers every area of direct marketing. Whether it is via the Internet, brochures, catalogs, headlines, testimonials, or whatever, it is covered in this book. The book is filled with tips for direct marketing no matter what method you choose. These secrets have been collected from the most successful direct marketers in history and is their distilled knowledge from years of experience. It is the collected knowledge of the greatest direct marketing minds and how to make your efforts successful. Thorough in coverage and detailed, it is the book to read first and understand before starting a direct marketing campaign. It will save you many times the cost of the book if it just helps you avoid even one mistake.
on April 13, 2006
The only way to really know how your marketing campaign is doing is to test it with real people in a real life situation. While focus groups and other research provide some kinds of measurement the true test of success is when you use measurable, direct marketing and watch what transpires.

This is where Denny's book comes in to play. Nobody, but NOBODY knows testing like Denny Hatch. He's seen it all, he's participated in more tests, he's got the archive of all archives with his Who's Mailing What ... and he's connected to the most successful marketers in the industry, to share insight, pick their brains and then translate the testing that is being done into something we can all use to improve our own discovery of what makes our own customers buy from us.

Needless to say, regardless of your role in the marketing world, from mangement to creative (yes, creative!) , every marketer should own this book. And a sign that you're learning from it is to observe how dog-eared it gets over the next 12 months.
on October 5, 2005
Personally, I like lists. And this books gives you tons of lists to make sure that your marketing pieces are as good as they can be. Think of this book as an insurance policy. Well done, Denny.
on November 20, 2012
This is absolutely a great reference book! A must have for any copywriter or anyone seeking to have a better understanding of effective marketing.
on September 15, 2014
Amazing bible of prospecting strategies. Got everything I needed just on the very first read.
on June 4, 2016
A must have resource if you do any direct mail
on March 25, 2014
Arrived on time and in perfect condition. I highly recommend this book for anyone in the marketing field. Make it a part of your library!
on July 17, 2000
Anyone writing copy for the web or direct marketing should not be without.
on June 12, 2008
I got this book because my mentor whom I respect a great deal says he refers to it everytime he is about to do a campaign. I find this book is not for the average marketer but perhaps someone who have done a whole buncha campaigns. Perhaps the book has great advice from different experts, but for me it is information overload and out my league. The arithmatic and analysis is too uncomprehensive for me to understand. Also, if your new and are self taught without anyone to ask for advice or break down the book then you will waste a large portion of your time with this. I felt like I needed to be in a classroom with a teacher armed with chalk and chalkboard to help me understand what was being said at times. I guess this book is more like a text book format, not, for the casual reader. I just like to get to the nitty gritty of things and this book isn't a get down to it and do this kind of book.
on August 21, 2002
The book was a dissapointment. A long list of "bumper sticker" phrases is not my cup of tea. I guess some people like to read common sense advice over and over and over. Not me. Thanks,