Published on September 12, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good's Shipped
The photo on this item shows a different canister then what I actually received. The lid isn't the same on the product i received in the mail. But it is the same brand and net wt. I am happy to say that this item was shipped faster then i expected and was at a great bargain compared to in-stores. Thank you.
Published on January 2, 2012 by badone87

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best small pond fish food I've found - regardless of price, September 12, 2009
Amazon Customer (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Don't know which fish food to buy? I didn't either. So I started buying various brands and noted the way my fish and pond reacted. At first I thought "What do fish know about taste and quality? One food's the same as the next." How wrong I was! My pond is about 200 gallons in which live 13 comets, walkin and shubunkin. The largest fish is an 8" comet. This flake-style food floats, as well as all the other brands I tried. It makes it easy to observe how quickly the fish take the food and whether they spit it out after taking it. In retrospect, of 5 competing products I tried previously, the fish ate all of them but seemed disinterested, taking the offered food only because there was no alternative, not because they were particularly fond of it. Then my daughter recommended that I try TetraFin Flakes. I first bought 7 ounces, fearing that it would be "more of the same". The difference, however, was nothing short of amazing. Suffice it to say that the fish "attack" this food in what can only be described as a "feeding frenzy". After feeding this food for a week, the fish completely ignored or rejected the products they previously ate. Another pleasant outcome was the reduced solid waste produced by the fish when on this food. This seems to be much more within the capability of my "vegetable" filter and, coupled with the apparent lack of any undesirable parasites, makes for a cleaner, healthier pond.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fussy Fish, September 21, 2010
This review is from: Tetra 16140 TetraFin Flakes, 7.06-Ounce (Misc.)
I bought a house last year and inherited some fish in a pond. The seller left some food behind and when the fish finally awoke from their winter sleep I gave them some of the food. There were two kinds of food--one flake and one in stick form. They didn't seem to like the stick variety so I tossed it and fed them the flakes. Inevitably I ran out of the flakes and went to purchase the same product. The Petco store was out of that brand. I picked a similar flake food and brought it home and tossed it in the pond. The fish rushed out as they usually did for food but seemed a little taken aback by this new one. I figured "different food--takes a while to adjust". The next day they seemed less interested. By the third day they didn't even bother to come out of their little cave under the waterfall. Point taken. I went to a different Petco and found the right brand and brought it home. They were a little slow trusting me but by the second feeding they were happily rushing out to eat as always. I checked out Amazon to see if it was available here to avoid the "out of stock" problem again. Not only did Amazon have it but for nearly $5 less a container. Win-win! I ordered three canisters to get free shipping and will continue to get the food from Amazon until the fish go to sleep for the winter again. Thanks, Amazon, for having the right brand for my very picky fish and at a good price!

5.0 out of 5 stars This one's for the fish, October 16, 2007
Length:: 0:50 Mins

TetraFin Goldfish Flakes are supposed to contain essential nutrients and extra Vitamin C for your goldfish and koi.

It has stuff in it like fish meal, brown rice, dried yeast, oatmeal, wheat gluten and a lot more.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you if it tastes good, or if the nutritional claims are sound, but the fish seem to like it just fine, and they're growing fast and have lots of energy.

We've tried a couple of other brands, but our fish are confirmed TetraFin fans.

Original music used in this video is by Peter John Ross of sonnyboo dot com, and has been used with his kind permission.

Amanda Richards, October 17, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish love it, I love the value!, December 16, 2009
I've been using TetraFin for my pond goldfish. I have what I would call a large pond, with hundreds of golfish of all sizes, and they love it! With this bucket of fish flakes, I don't have to run to the store every month or so to buy the smaller (7 oz.)cans of flakes. I compared the cost of this purchase to the cost of buying the smaller cans and this value cannot be beat.

You will notice that in the product description, they indicate that you are purchasing a 4.52 lb. container. The picture of the product they show is one of the smaller cans. Make no mistake, you will get a bucket of fish food that would last someone a long time. Hey, extra value, you get another plastic bucket to use around the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Fishy Here, July 11, 2009
Couldn't find TetraFin Goldfish Flakes in this large container in stores any more. Glad to know I can get it on line. Our goldfish won't eat pellets; this size makes their healthy appetites for flakes much less costly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product is great, fish love it., February 24, 2009
Willy Peeters (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I tried two other flakes from different makers, but my fishes didn't seem to like them. Not only is TETRA POND Terafin Goldfish Flakes a great product, the bucket size is a great value. My fishes love it, are healthy and growing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Fish Food, February 2, 2008
The fish love it, stay healthy, live long and prosper. We have two ponds with approximately 90 total goldfish, 2" to 8" long, some plain, some fancy. We sure haven't seen any problems with "air bubbles trapped within their bodies." The fish have been living on it for over five years, so I think it's pretty good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine nutritional food for goldfish, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Tetra 16140 TetraFin Flakes, 7.06-Ounce (Misc.)
This is the primary food I buy for my goldfish. They really seem to love it; it helps keep a clear, clean aquarium, and the fish appear to be quite healthy. I supplement this with the crisps about once every three feedings or everyother evening feed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goldfish really love it, August 19, 2013
I have a 1500 gallon pond off the back deck of my house. When I moved in, the pond hadn't been maintained in about 5 years. In the course of draining the pond and cleaning it out, I discovered about 2 dozen "survivor" goldfish. Once the pond was refilled, treated with algae-eating bacteria, and tinted to inhibit algae growth and provide additional protective cover for the fish, the goldfish were released into the pond.

I experimented with several brands of fish food; even though the goldfish have enough to feed on in the pond, I wanted to supplement with food to keep the fish healthy and encourage growth. I found that out of all the brands I tried, the fish were most responsive (even excited) to the TetraFin flakes. Feedings turn into a frenzy of activity and even after the flakes dispersed over the surface of the pond, the fish seem to hunt them down and devour them. I also noticed very few of the flakes disintegrated in the water.

The main thing I like about TetraFin flakes? They don't add gunk and extra detritus to my pond. These flakes are large enough they stay on the surface quite awhile. Since they don't sink, it gives my fish time to eat every flake. I have enough issues with keeping the pond clean (given its size) I don't need fish food adding to the workload of my filter or me.

I think this is a great product for my needs. I encourage people to give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, March 30, 2013
I have 9 gold fishes and this will last them a whole year. It comes in a bucket and store inside plastic bag to keep moisture away.

Tetra 16140 TetraFin Flakes, 7.06-Ounce