5.0 out of 5 stars My Veiltail Betta eats them up
Published on April 10, 2011 by Unit543

3.0 out of 5 stars Terrible cap
I have several tropical fish, including platies, tiger barbs, neon tetras and some other tetra and a gourami. Their reception of this food was mixed. Platies seem to not like it that much, barbs ate them well, etc. They don't go crazy for this food as they do for some freeze dried krill for example.

The biggest negative thing about the product is the cap design...
Published 1 month ago by Roshanak

5.0 out of 5 stars My Veiltail Betta eats them up, April 10, 2011
I'm new to the betta experience but did heavy research before I bought one..I wanted to give my fish a variety of food..So I bought these blood worms as a snack a couple of times of week.. So I put them in 1 by 1(only 2) and he gobbles them up with no problems. I also want to mention that this has a heavy allergy alert,so be advised..I use tweezers to put them in so I don't use my hands.. My betta goes crazy for these,it's like chocolate for women :) Just remember this is a snack,not a daily food rotation..2 to 3 times a week max feeding these blood worms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishes go crazy with bloodworms!, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
All I can say is that my daughter's fishes love this freeze dried bloodworms! You could see them searching for more after eating it in 2~3 minutes.

Here are the list of the fishes:
- 4 Fancy Guppies
- 6 Neon Tetras
- 2 Red Cap Oranda

Note: This is not an everyday food for the fish, just 2~3 times a week as per can. And there's also a warning about allergies. So if your an allergic person, please do more research before buying this type of fish food.

"FOR ADULT USE ONLY *** KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN - WARNING: ALLERGY ALERT! THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS INSECT LARVAE WHICH MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTION IN SOME INDIVIDUALS. IF SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGIC REACTION OCCUR (SUCH AS HIVES, ASTHMA, WHEEZING, RED OR IRRITATED EYES OR SKIN, RUNNY NOSE OR SNEEZING), DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN. AVOID ALL USE IF SYMPTOMS REOCCUR. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU SUFFER FROM ASTHMA, HIGH FEVER OR ARE KNOWN TO BE ALLERGIC TO INSECT LARVAE. HOBBYISTS AND HEAVY USERS SHOULD USE SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS NOT TO TOUCH OR BREATH DUST OF PRODUCT. CALL 1-800-526-0650 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. HEAVY USERS CAN POTENTIALLY BECOME SENSITIZED TO THIS PRODUCT."

5.0 out of 5 stars devoured!!!!, August 10, 2012
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
these bloodworms were devoured by my betta fish the very first time I put them into the tank.

I would recommend only four/five at a time until the fish eats all of them up. Otherwise, the fish seems to ignore the excess.

My ghost shrimp also like these type food. Some even lift themselves to the water level (12 inches) to snag one off the top.

I will definitely keep buying these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish Love them!, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
I have a 30 gallon tropical community tank with gouramis and mollies. They love these worms! and I get out of touching live ones (yuck!) I have not had an allergic reaction, but my sister did. She uses a cheap pair of tweezers to feed them if I am not home.

4.0 out of 5 stars WARNING; May Cause SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTION!, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
These are a good food source, and fish love them, but the process that Tetra uses for these Bloodworms is known to cause severe allergic reactions. If you don't believe me, just type it into Google there are several cases of people being rushed to the hospital due to the allergic reaction of this product.

I have had this happen to me, several other manufacturers do not put a warning on their bloodworms, and I have had no problems with them, but this product has a WARNING on the label for a reason!

Now you know, be careful with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gross and wonderful, December 10, 2012
Diana Marlinski (Hackettstown, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
My beta ADORES eating these!
He practically jumps out of the water to attack them.
Easy to feed, quantity lasts a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Betta, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
My betta fish loves these. But a warning do not feed a betta these very often and not to many at a time. It can give them terrible bloat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, didn't quite work for me..., February 18, 2013
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
I thought this would be a nice treat for my fish.

Unfortunately, my fish are 2 medium sized Oscars.

Don't get me wrong, they loved this product. However they are so large that it was a huge hassle for them to eat and they made short work of this container. And this issue is no fault of the company.

The only complaint I had was that when it got to me about half the container was crushed tiny bits almost borderline dust. These pieces were way too small for really any fish to eat so once the full-sized ones were gone I had to throw the rest away.

5.0 out of 5 stars baby fish love it, March 16, 2014
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
Keeps the baby fish happy and healthy and well fed, it is one of their favorite meals at a great low price

5.0 out of 5 stars George loves these bloodworms, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml (Misc.)
I figured out that I have to only give these to George after I have feed him the regular food otherwise he will not eat his regular flakes. Who is in charge, George the 3 inch fish or me the person!

Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml