Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tetra 16194 Bloodworms, 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 0.28-Ounce, 100-Ml|Change
Price:$3.19+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on April 26, 2012
These Bloodworms are great and not all squished like the ones you typically see at fish stores. I bought them for my fire bellied newts and so far they love them! One great aspect of these bloodworms is that they do not cloud the water if your creatures don't eat them like pellet food does. Also they are extremely healthy for your fish/newt/pet so try these out and you wont be disappointed. I'm going to try to upload pictures as well so you can see the size.
review image review image review image
on November 16, 2012
All I can say is that my daughter's fishes love this freeze dried bloodworms! You could see them searching for more after eating it in 2~3 minutes.

Here are the list of the fishes:
- 4 Fancy Guppies
- 6 Neon Tetras
- 2 Red Cap Oranda

Note: This is not an everyday food for the fish, just 2~3 times a week as per can. And there's also a warning about allergies. So if your an allergic person, please do more research before buying this type of fish food.

"FOR ADULT USE ONLY *** KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN - WARNING: ALLERGY ALERT! THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS INSECT LARVAE WHICH MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTION IN SOME INDIVIDUALS. IF SYMPTOMS OF ALLERGIC REACTION OCCUR (SUCH AS HIVES, ASTHMA, WHEEZING, RED OR IRRITATED EYES OR SKIN, RUNNY NOSE OR SNEEZING), DISCONTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY AND CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN. AVOID ALL USE IF SYMPTOMS REOCCUR. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU SUFFER FROM ASTHMA, HIGH FEVER OR ARE KNOWN TO BE ALLERGIC TO INSECT LARVAE. HOBBYISTS AND HEAVY USERS SHOULD USE SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS NOT TO TOUCH OR BREATH DUST OF PRODUCT. CALL 1-800-526-0650 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. HEAVY USERS CAN POTENTIALLY BECOME SENSITIZED TO THIS PRODUCT."
on April 10, 2011
I'm new to the betta experience but did heavy research before I bought one..I wanted to give my fish a variety of food..So I bought these blood worms as a snack a couple of times of week.. So I put them in 1 by 1(only 2) and he gobbles them up with no problems. I also want to mention that this has a heavy allergy alert,so be advised..I use tweezers to put them in so I don't use my hands.. My betta goes crazy for these,it's like chocolate for women :) Just remember this is a snack,not a daily food rotation..2 to 3 times a week max feeding these blood worms.
on May 30, 2013
These are a good food source, and fish love them, but the process that Tetra uses for these Bloodworms is known to cause severe allergic reactions. If you don't believe me, just type it into Google there are several cases of people being rushed to the hospital due to the allergic reaction of this product.

I have had this happen to me, several other manufacturers do not put a warning on their bloodworms, and I have had no problems with them, but this product has a WARNING on the label for a reason!

Now you know, be careful with this product!
on August 10, 2012
these bloodworms were devoured by my betta fish the very first time I put them into the tank.

I would recommend only four/five at a time until the fish eats all of them up. Otherwise, the fish seems to ignore the excess.

My ghost shrimp also like these type food. Some even lift themselves to the water level (12 inches) to snag one off the top.

I will definitely keep buying these.
on March 10, 2012
I have a 30 gallon tropical community tank with gouramis and mollies. They love these worms! and I get out of touching live ones (yuck!) I have not had an allergic reaction, but my sister did. She uses a cheap pair of tweezers to feed them if I am not home.
on December 10, 2012
My beta ADORES eating these!
He practically jumps out of the water to attack them.
Easy to feed, quantity lasts a long time.
on February 7, 2016
If my fish, Morty, were to be writing this review he may say that these bloodworms are just vile. I assume this because every time I try to feed him these little buggers he turns his nose up (his fictitious nose I suppose). Morty will in no way eat these, but because Morty is picky do these worms deserve less than 5 stars? As a human that does not partake in the eating of freeze dried bloodworms how can I rate them? The container is pretty. It's jammed full of bloodworms. It's sealed for a freshness guarantee. Maybe your fish will love them, don't take Morty's word give them a try!
on July 15, 2015
My betas love love love these. I feed it to them every day in the morning (except Sundays since betas need to have a day where they aren't fed every 7 days). I'm a breeder and highly recommend these if you can't get live food.
on April 22, 2015
My fish loves these. I'd recommend using tweezers to pick out a worm to avoid grabbing too many. Open the top carefully; the child proof lid is harder to get off so you have to open carefully. I've spilled them trying to get the top off lol.