5.0 out of 5 stars Prevents turtle shell bacterial problems!
I always add a "turtle tablet" when I do a water change for my red-earred slider turtle. It prevents the shell pitting and discoloration caused by bacteria. The active ingredient is Sulfa.

Published on July 9, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess
I guess it works (Rex) my red eared slider doesn't seem to have any issues he looks healthy and really enjoys swimming in his tank
Published 15 months ago by Diggs

5.0 out of 5 stars Prevents turtle shell bacterial problems!, July 9, 2012
Amazon Customer (New York City suburbs.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra 19514 ReptoGuard Water Conditioner Block, 3-Count (Misc.)

One time I didn't put a fresh tablet in the water and the turtle's shell became pitted. I did a water change and added a fresh turtle tablet. In a few days, the shell cleared up.

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine, December 4, 2012
we bought these when we introduced our yellow bellied slider to the koi pond. didnt harm the fish. slow release tablets and works just fine

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful product, January 3, 2013
My turtles can't get enough of this product. Works wonderful I always keep these handy running out is not an option

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, but seriously people don't drop one cause it has dissolved!!!!, May 25, 2014
Use this in my tank. Seems to work as described, no problems with it. Just an FYI for all of you complaining that is "dissolves too quickly".

THIS IS NOT VACATION FOOD!!! IT IS MEANT TO DISSOLVE AND TREAT YOUR WATER.

Although it has dissolved, that doesn't mean that it is not still in the water, now it is equally dispersed throughout the whole body of water treating it, it is just not in a hard block form. Its properties last for the 45-60 day period, though you cannot see it...remember that thing in science class called diffusion???? Saturation??? Concentrations??? It will dissolve so your water has an equal amount throughout the whole tank, that doesn't mean it is not still in your water-you just cant see it anymore! I would not overdose because it "dissolved too fast"

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess, July 12, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Reptoguard, August 8, 2013
Nancy S. Caduto (Sants Clarita Ca USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent condidion got here in record time thank you they are so convient to use and the kids thought they were great.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, June 12, 2013
here was the cheapest i could find this item. i add one to my turtle tank every 2 weeks to help cut down on the bacteria level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Work Great, June 9, 2013
I've never run my tank without these so I can't say they are the reason we have no problems but they are the only thing in my tank on a regular basis from a chemical standpoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 3, 2013
This product is good because you get the same great product for a lower price for buying in bulk. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars They do what it says, May 31, 2013
I guess they work. It does what it says. I put mine under a fast current filter so it dissolved very fast. Other than that it appears to do what it says. I don't know if it actually kills any bacteria or anything though.