4.0 out of 5 stars Great product; but get your sizing right
Just a word of caution to buyers who are unsure of sizing. this filter measures 3.5" x 5". the product description listed is not accurate and is actually the packing size. Otherwise a great product.
Published on February 18, 2012 by ahtas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured
I was excited to order this since the filter that came with my 5-gallon tank has an open top and the green frame shows above the black filter and it bugs me. This refill pack shows a black frame on the package... perfect!!! Except that a GREEN frame is what comes in the box. grrrr!!
Published 25 days ago by Eliz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product; but get your sizing right, February 18, 2012
This review is from: Tetra 26160 Whisper Bio-Bag Cartridge, Unassembled, Medium, 12-Pack (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Filter Cartridge, June 1, 2008
I am always happy with my Amazon purchases and this one was no different. However one has to make sure that the right cartridge size is selected as the Whisper Bio-Bags have changed their sizes. The regular is now Large and the Junior is now the Medium. Double check your whisper size requirement as I now have 12 cartridges to find good use for...no biggie I'll always have use for Whisper cartridges at this price...oh by the way EXCELLENT PRICE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Replacement Filters for the Tetra Decorative Reptile Filter, April 21, 2011
Jersey Chuck (San Francisco, Ca) - See all my reviews
I own a Tetra Decorative Reptile Filter for Aquariums up to 55 Gallons and wasn't sure if these were the correct replacements for the filter, they work perfect!

I was buying the Tetra ReptoFilter Disposable Filter Cartridges,Medium, 3 Pack (Disposable) for between 7 and 13 dollars (For three) and accumulated about 20 used ones. I'm glad I held onto them because the "Reusable" plastic frames are identical and now my cost is a buck apiece, saving me more than 50%.

Very easy to to assemble!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER cheap compared to pre-assembled ones!, December 28, 2011
When ordering these I was afraid it would be a complete hassle to assemble them. Turns out it takes less than two minutes and is SUPER easy. All you do is stick the frame into the bag, pour the carbon in, clip the frame closed and pop it into your filter. Note that it comes with only one plastic frame, so when replacing you need to take it apart and save the frame. Not a big deal; after assembling this one, I took apart the pre-assembled one I was replacing and found that nothing additional goes into the assembly of the ones that are sold assembled. I was able to save the frame from that one, so I'd have an extra just in case. The same exact frame and clip are used. In light of this, the price of these is awesome. You get a year's supply (provided you need them for just one filter) for the price you'd get 2 or 3 assembled ones. Such a HUGE discount for SO LITTLE additional effort. I noticed some people complaining about differences in sizing. There is no difference, unless you're used to the different name for the sizes from a while ago. Medium = Junior apparently, and it's written on the box. But I don't see that name for the sizing of this brand at the pet store anymore. If you're currently buying the assembled medium ones, these are the ones you need to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comparing Tetra -vs- Repto filters, October 30, 2011
Great product and the best value compared to other filters... This is the exact same product as the Repto Filter. I bought a year supply and in the end I saved over $110.00...

Repto filters = 3 bags for $11.00

Tetra Filters = 12 bags for $12.00

Hope this helps!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars genius, May 5, 2011
This product is exactly the same thing as the one that comes pre-filled, except you have to cut open a plastic bag and dump in the carbon yourself. It is stupid proof and way cheaper! I don't know how this type of filter cartridge compares to other types tho. But it seems to work fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars These work great!, April 14, 2013
I almost didn't buy these because I couldn't imagine they could be as good as the pre-made ones. But all the reviews here are right - you just pop these together in a few seconds and you're ready to go, for a fraction of the cost of the pre-made filters. They're of the same quality as far as I can tell, just in less glamorous packaging. Try these!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Filter Bags~, March 8, 2007
Seagull (Las Vegas, Nevada United States) - See all my reviews
I have three fish tanks and these filter bags are the easiest to change, the whisper filter and the bags keep the water in my tanks very clear, and my fish are happy and healthy.

Best priced here on amazon too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tetra Whisper Bio-Bags, September 17, 2013
E. Pena (Oregon, United States) - See all my reviews
These are perfect. They are the guts of the pre-assembled cartridges so you have to assemble them yourself to use them but that is an easy task and it is a fraction of the cost of the pre-assembled ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, September 4, 2013
My fish like having their tank cleaned more often now that I don't have to spend so much on pre-filled filters. I am willing to fill them myself over having them pre-filled. Make sure and keep the plastic parts!

ARRAY(0xa150a378)