4.0 out of 5 stars It's just a glorified fish bowl...
Published on June 20, 2012 by Em :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but overpriced
The bowl's size is excellent for average size Betta. However, the glass seems to be easily breakable and difinetaly needs to be thicker. The black plastic base adds more support and elegance to the bowl but the lighting is just too too weak and useless.

All in all the item is not bad but a little overpriced.
Published on January 16, 2012 by Ibrahim

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but overpriced, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Tetra Betta Bowl, Black (Misc.)

All in all the item is not bad but a little overpriced.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's just a glorified fish bowl..., June 20, 2012
This review is from: Tetra Betta Bowl, Black (Misc.)
Ok, so I bought this at Walmart because it was on sale for only $7. It's not the greatest thing ever but it's decent. The lighting is pretty lame though, haha, it just lights up one little spot in the middle of the bowl. The plastic stand around it is cool, a nice thing for the tank to sit on and the light is VERY simple and easy to use. It looks good sitting on my desk, I put an Anubius plant in it along with one of my bettas. He seems to be liking it alright for not having a heater or filter. He's been swimming around and around in circles and doing everything he did in his old ten gallon. It's shape is great for swimming, no corners to bump into, the glass is also nice and clear,(a little too thin for comfort though!) I haven't noticed any horrible air-bubbles or abberations within the glass. This bowl is definitely not great for keeping a betta, it's more suited for a few hardy shrimp, but it works. Just be careful if you live in a really cold climate! Mine's been staying just above 70 degrees. I think I might toss a Trumpet Snail in with him.... :)

4.0 out of 5 stars beta bowl, August 15, 2012
This review is from: Tetra Betta Bowl, Black (Misc.)
i do like the product but i thought it was going to be a lil bigger than it is thanx.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Tetra Betta Bowl, Black (Misc.)
My mom got me this beta fish bowl for my room awhile back. I loved the unit as a whole, and it was the perfect size. It could have fit anywhere I wanted it to in my room without an issue. I loved the fact that it has a light, and I also loved how the bowl seemed to be the right size for my fish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beta Bowl, February 7, 2014
This review is from: Tetra Betta Bowl, Black (Misc.)
Beta Bowl was just what in needed. It's great ,my fish loves it! The delivery was very fast.Thank you very much.

1.0 out of 5 stars too small, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Tetra Betta Bowl, Black (Misc.)
was going to get this for work but it's too small.

a betta can LIVE in this thing. but you can also LIVE in your closet and never leave the rest of your life.
would you want to do that?

spend 30 bucks and get a 2+ gal. get something fashionable. get some rocks from the beach and put it in.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect IMO, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Tetra Betta Bowl, Black (Misc.)
TONS of people will not like my review for this..

MOST people would say this isnt acceptable, its too small, they need a heater and filter ETC.. No you dont!
You CAN buy them sure! Treat your fish like a KING or QUEEN however 5G of water isnt necessary, if putting a fish in a bowl like this was so bad they wouldnt ever sell any of them, they'd eventually quit making them cause no one would buy them!
They make these bowls that clearly have BETTA on them so it cant be that bad..

Remember, fish only get as big as their tank/bowl/aquarium. You have 80G aquarium your going to have BIG angels and sharks if you have it smaller they'll stay smaller.
My biggest recommendation is to only put 1 fish in a space this small.

This is my 2nd betta. My other Betta is male and hes in a 1.75G "goldfish bowl"(not sure why anyone would put a goldfish in a bowl their so dirty) he's lived fine for 7-8 months. Hes kept in an active room and his water is room temp. No heater,no filter,water chemicals nothing. I know he's a happy fish cause he eats and always makes his nesting bubbles which are 2 indications he's happy. He swims around and is very social..loves the attn..

Betta's are very hardy fish! Wash their homes out once a week, takes 15min and hes fine!
Ive also been told putting them in bigger tanks tend to stress them out esp in a 20G aquarium. Their not meant for that! Their very terrirtorial and anything with flowing fins they'll most likely attact.

I put a crowntail betta in this bowl last night as he's doing just fine!
I know everyone have their opinions however im telling you to put a betta in this bowl, with some rocks and maintain him he'll do just fine!

Tetra Betta Bowl, Black