5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mini water frogs and betas!
Published on June 2, 2009 by Boopie

1.0 out of 5 stars not for all
My frog won't eat this. Note it is just a gooey mess. Would not recommend. Maybe try something else for your pet.
Published 5 months ago by M. Chen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mini water frogs and betas!, June 2, 2009
This review is from: Tetra 29239 ReptoTreat Delica Bloodworms Gel Food, 1.69-Ounce, 47.91-Gram (Misc.)
Our 3 African dwarf frogs and beta love this stuff so I have learned to repress my gag reflex. They know where I keep it and swim to meet the packet as I gush it out. My amphibious girls are all healthy and strong and seem to enjoy hunting for the splotches of goo (they don't have the best sight). They also rip it out of each other's mouths. Half of my fun is watching their enjoyment. We feed half a packet at a time and save the leftovers in the fridge until the next time and they love it just the same.

We can't do with out it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, December 13, 2007
I have used this product for both turtles and fish. I love it! My fish LOVE it! The turtle LOVED it! My fish grow fast and well on this product, and are healthier than ever. It produces less mess and waste than bloodworm cubes and packs (the frozen stuff) and definately less mess than the freezedried, with more nutrition!
Anyone with fish should try this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frogs would die for this stuff!!!, April 5, 2012
o.k., so, I was a little skeptical about purchasing this product, afterall, the other reviews said it was awsome but looked gross. I didnt know if I could stomach it, but I thought "it's for the frogs, I will just have to deal with it". all it looks like is like a pinkish colored gel. you really cant tell anything is in it. it has no smell and the frogs LOVE it!!!! they now stare at me everytime I walk in the room like "MOM, we want more"!! for me, the tube lasts 3 days. you get a bunch of the tubes so I am thinking it will last me a while! I will definetly continue to buy this product until it either becomes unavailable, discontinued, or my frogs die..

5.0 out of 5 stars Not that Gross., November 27, 2012
This is an amazing product. It is not that gross really. I have seen school lunch strawberry jam that looked worse. My little frogs just love this goop! They attack it and shove it into their little fat faces. It is cheaper here than in the pet stores. Another important thing is that it sinks to the bottom instantly. This is helpful for African dwarf frogs since they spend most of their time on the bottom of the tank and will not search for food on the surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fo African Dwarf Frogs, March 9, 2012
Chris (Princeton, NJ) - See all my reviews
My African Dwarf Frog just loves this food. Yes, it is gross when squeezing out the gel, but at least you don't have to touch it. He by far prefers this over pellets.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Frog Loves It!, December 27, 2012
My ADF absolutely loves this treat. I couldn't find it at my local pet supermart, so I was very pleased to find it here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 7, 2012
This is a pretty good food for frogs but it is a little bit hard to get the food out of its wrapper becuz it is so sticky. Overall, this is an amazing product.

5.0 out of 5 stars African Dwarf Frogs Love It, February 23, 2013
I have 4 African Dwarf Frogs and they love this stuff. It's very easy to dispense and they are immediately attracted to it as soon as it enters the water - unlike the pellet food. I usually feed half a packet every other day, and it's super easy to store the leftovers too. I just fold over the top of the packet, clip it shut with a magnetic clip, and stick it to the inside wall of the fridge. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars My newt loves this stuff, April 27, 2014
smartypants "pantsonfire" (HotterthanaHabanjero, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I have a 20 year old Japanese redbellied newt (no kidding, she's 20 years old) who loves this stuff. I hand feed her crickets and wax worms, but she takes a few seconds to decide if she wants each one. When I reach in with a tube of these bloodworms, she swims over immediately and attacks the gooey deliciousness as it comes out of the tube. I give her a big mouthful and then squeeze the rest into her underwater food bowl. She crams her head in the bowl & doesn't come out for the rest of the night. She's only about the size of your pinky finger, but she can eat a whole tube of this in one day. She's persistent. I've been feeding this product to her on and off as treats and sometimes as a staple food for about four years now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Koi & Goldfish Crack (and my red-ear slider thinks its yummy), April 10, 2014
Okay, I have multiple ponds (main one is 20,000 gallons) and when I have friends over and want to display my collection of fish, I spurt one of these packets into the pond and within seconds I have a kaleidoscope of fin and scale dancing among the surface of the water. The friends are enraptured (and I may sell a few fish in the process).

The slider turtle (old scarred female of 12") that decided to make my main pond her new home a couple years ago just loves a packet of these used as a marinade for her repto-min turtle sticks.

All in all, everyone is happy and I will continue to buy these.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›