4.0 out of 5 stars Package is 2.2 oz, not 2.75
Published on February 2, 2012 by S. Pettis

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a classic staple...but it's got it's issues
The fish like it, but it really doesn't float well at all. Any disturbance at the surface of the water (from a bubbler, etc, or god forbid a fish splashes...) and the food just falls to the bottom. It likes to get wrapped around silk plants and can start a lovely red slime issue if you feed too much and/or your fish won't "clean up" fallen food. It's a classic,...
Published 4 months ago by White Elephant

4.0 out of 5 stars Package is 2.2 oz, not 2.75, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Tetra 77161 TetraColor Tropical Flakes, 2.20-Ounce, 375 ml (Misc.)
Not sure if I should post this here, as there is no problem with the food itself--my fish love it. However, the title states that it is a 2.75 oz container, but what arrived (and what is actually shown in the product image) is a 2.2 oz container. I did not return it (not worth the hassle), but hopefully they will fix this. The last bottle I bought (from Walmart, not here) had a "Bonus 25% more" so it actually WAS 2.75 oz. I think what happened is the company stopped doing that, but they have not adjusted the title here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fish food., November 4, 2011
BHL "BHL" (League City,TX United States) - See all my reviews
TetraColor flakes are great for my fish. Their colors are bright and they are healthy and as happy as fish every look. The flakes float long enough for the top feeders to have their chance, then sink for the rest to nibble on. I've had my tank for a year and this is what my fish have been eating the whole time.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's fish food, December 21, 2010
Sam J (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
my fish love to eat it. i love to feed it to them. they don't seem so picky, but I always buy them this same product and they've always been quite happy with receiving it.

tropical fish, freshwater... tetras and mollies and the like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, clean, they like it, lasts a long time., December 13, 2011
I've got a cichlid tank and they gobble it right up after they get used to it. After using just this for a couple years as the main course I've not had any illnesses, the fish are all active and have beautiful colors. Team this food up with the occasional freeze dried treat or whatever else your fish might like and you'll be set.

5.0 out of 5 stars tropical flakes, January 22, 2013
Have sevearl fish in a 55 gallon tank and the enjoyed them alot and the filter didn't have to be changed as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars fish food, August 25, 2012
my fish love this food. it was clearly the best of my order. i will need to restock soon. my oscar says thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars fish food, December 6, 2011
Brady Kleinhans (DeRidder, LA United States) - See all my reviews
A good quality fish food. All my fish like it. The flakes are a good size and do not sink very fast giving the fish plenty of time to eat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, Fish like, April 17, 2013
The fish are all eating it and it has a smell to it that convinces me that it is good for the fish (a shrimpy kind of smell).

5.0 out of 5 stars My goldfish love these flakes!, September 25, 2010
Having several ponds with colorful goldfish, I need a reliable product that the fish will eat, and won't become a pond filter clog. My goldfish love this product, and snap it up quickly, looking for more. The flakes themselves are colorful, and I do believe the fishes' colors have brightened after being on a diet of these flakes. Even towards the bottom of the can, there are still large flakes that have not turned to powder like some other brands. Love the fact that I ordered them Monday and they arrived Wednesday. Am a repeat customer for this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for colorful guppies!, April 15, 2014
I bought this type of Tetra for the first time last month. When fed properly, the fish get into a frenzy when this is added to the tank. For proper feeding, it's best to give a pinch that is fully devoured within three minutes - one minute, then give a larger pinch next time; and if there is still food in the tank after three minutes, then give a smaller pinch next time, and don't feed more than twice a day.

Since providing this food, my guppies are darker with more vibrant colors! Tetra Color Tropical Flakes, 7.06-Ounce, 1-Liter