5.0 out of 5 stars Great beta food - hints for picky fish
update 2/27:
1) I've kept betas for years. Some fish are picky and won't eat this when fed. The trick is to put something in the water they do like (e.g., bloodworms) along with the food. They will pick up on this food within a week or two at the most.

2) The pellets really help their coloring. Pale fish will really brighten up.

3) I've found...
Published on June 17, 2011 by KLMinMN

3.0 out of 5 stars My fish like it but..
They like it, but I don't know if I just got a bad batch but the pellets seem a little to big for their little mouths and they have trouble swallowing it. But of course if I crush them up a little they no longer float, creating a mess of uneaten food that I was hoping to avoid.
Published on June 2, 2012 by PawClaws BookWyrm

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beta food - hints for picky fish, June 17, 2011
KLMinMN "KLMinMN" (Hugo, MN United States) - See all my reviews
update 2/27:

2) The pellets really help their coloring. Pale fish will really brighten up.

3) I've found that straight bloodworms aren't as healthy as pellets and bloodworms. I think of it as eating your veggies along with the protein.

original review: I'm not a beta expert, but have done my best to read up on their care. I had been feeding my beta fish frozen bloodworms and shrimp. They seemed to have a life expectancy of about six months in my tank. A friend of mine was talking "fish" with me one day and said that yes, in the wild, beta eat bloodworms, but the bloodworms in the wild have eaten a varied diet. The ones commercially sold probably haven't and so aren't passing along the nutrients they would have naturally have gotten. So I switched to this food. Not only is my current beta long lived, but his coloring has really intensified!

Also, contrary to another review, the package lasts me a long time. I feed one serving once a day (shrimp as an occasional treat) and give a day off as well. There are photos on the internet of what an overfed beta looks like and though they will eat it, you aren't doing them any favors.

I will continue to feed this and will recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars fish food for my betta, August 24, 2009
DianeLMT (Wilmington, DE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
Good grief. I find the metered amount of food is perfect for my tank. This product does not cloud the water. This is my favorite...I am so glad I found this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars My fish like it but.., June 2, 2012
PawClaws BookWyrm (Fairborn, OH United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 28, 2010
Dio_K (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
Unlike other Beta food, it doesn't cloud up or dirty the tank. The fish really likes the food, too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Tetra Betta that my Betta hates, July 12, 2011
H. Kim (South Burlington, VT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
My late betta would only eat them dried worms. She would always spit back out the pellets contained within this fish food. Perhaps my betta is not acclimated to this product? So I gave 2 stars instead of 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
I figured I would give it a shot because I was running low on food for my 2 bettas and the local stores were out of stock on what I usually got. They love the food. The package measures the correct serving amount for 1 fish for you. It is true, it doesn't cloud the water. After 2 feedings I am already noticing a change in their energy. I would recommend this product to anyone. Just keep in mind, just because my fish liked it doesn't mean yours will. Then again, at the price it is for on here you could at least try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish Food, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
Received as directed. No issues and my beta loves this food. His color is vibrant. It doesn't leave the grim most other foods leave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Packaging, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
While I do wish there was a little bit more in the package, it is a decent supply. What I love the most is the slide dispenser that lets me dole out the perfect amount to each Betta. It's perfect. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for my betta, June 21, 2011
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
I have a male betta! He is adorable, this is the third time I bought him food! But I think he loved this one.
And it doesn't cloud up or dirty the tank. Purple (my betta) really likes the food!
I am very glad and the shipping was very fast! I am satisfied and will buy again. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a better package, and doesn't always float, March 28, 2011
This review is from: Tetra Betta Floating Mini Pellets (Misc.)
I tried hard but I couldn't get our fish to write the review, much less comment on the taste of this food. So I can only comment on the product itself ;)

My first frustration is with the packaging. I get that they were trying to be clever by "dosing" out the food. But the reality is that it's very inconsistent with how many pellets it dispenses, often putting out too little or worse, far too much (see: A Fish Out of Water (Beginner Books) ). It's also then hard to pour the dispensed amount into your hand or the bowl.

Also, every now and again, some pellets don't float. Normally I wouldn't care. But since the product is called "Floating Mini Pellets" I would naturally expect every single one to float!

All that said, our Beta fish does eat the food and is still healthy and alive, so I guess overall it's working out just fine.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›