Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: 2.2-Ounce|Change

on February 2, 2012
Not sure if I should post this here, as there is no problem with the food itself--my fish love it. However, the title states that it is a 2.75 oz container, but what arrived (and what is actually shown in the product image) is a 2.2 oz container. I did not return it (not worth the hassle), but hopefully they will fix this. The last bottle I bought (from Walmart, not here) had a "Bonus 25% more" so it actually WAS 2.75 oz. I think what happened is the company stopped doing that, but they have not adjusted the title here.
on November 4, 2011
TetraColor flakes are great for my fish. Their colors are bright and they are healthy and as happy as fish every look. The flakes float long enough for the top feeders to have their chance, then sink for the rest to nibble on. I've had my tank for a year and this is what my fish have been eating the whole time.
on December 13, 2011
I've got a cichlid tank and they gobble it right up after they get used to it. After using just this for a couple years as the main course I've not had any illnesses, the fish are all active and have beautiful colors. Team this food up with the occasional freeze dried treat or whatever else your fish might like and you'll be set.
on December 21, 2010
my fish love to eat it. i love to feed it to them. they don't seem so picky, but I always buy them this same product and they've always been quite happy with receiving it.

tropical fish, freshwater... tetras and mollies and the like.
The fish like it, but it really doesn't float well at all. Any disturbance at the surface of the water (from a bubbler, etc, or god forbid a fish splashes...) and the food just falls to the bottom. It likes to get wrapped around silk plants and can start a lovely red slime issue if you feed too much and/or your fish won't "clean up" fallen food. It's a classic, staple food, but it could use a little backbone...we need a thicker flake that floats like a small floating pellet can. I'm sure they can figure this out after all the decades of practice. Meantime, it's an almost unavoidable staple feed, so just be sure you have Cory cats or other bottom feeders to help clean up the mess.
on March 21, 2015
I bought this to replace some stuff I ran out of. I can't attest to quality- my fish seem to like it- but this container is HUGE. I attached a photo of it next to my water bottle for a comparison. You get a great amount of food for your money with this.

I do think I'll use my smaller empty container to store some of this in, however, because the container is too big to keep on top of my filter.
review image
on June 13, 2016
We have been feeding this food to our fish for months. They are healthy and bright. All of our fish take to it right away and swim eagerly to the top to eat it. Our water never clouds and we have great water quality. I don't feel that this food alters the water chemistry much at all if some sinks to the bottom. It does a decent job floating however and sinks slowly after it breaks the surface so the fish usually get it all before itl ands on the gravel. Our catfish even likes to try to swim up and grab some of it even though we feed him his own bottom feeder food as well. We are happy with this purchase and the size it comes in. We only have to buy fish food every 6 months or so for the 7 fish in our 35 gallon tank. Good buy!
on November 29, 2013
This was the best deal I could find on size v price when looking online and our tropical fish love it. This size will probably last the fish in or 29 gallon tank a long long time.

The product states that it will approve the color of your fish in the many many weeks of using this food exclusively I have noticed no difference in fish color. I can confirm that these to leave the fish tank water clear though, there's no bleeding of color in to the warm water.

Also, in case it it is important to someone these flakes themselves are rather large, too large in fact for the small fish in our tank so I break them up with my fingers before dumping them in the tank
on October 9, 2014
My fish seem to enjoy these flakes and I've been feeding them different varieties of Tetra products over the years. These are great for top feeders because they stay afloat for a relatively long time and do not disintegrate too fast. The downside to it is that it could get sucked into my filter when my fish do not eat them fast enough and so scatters them about. It's seems to be true that these tropical flakes provide a nice color-enhancing diet for my fish which are vibrant yellows and oranges. The flakes also do not cloud my tank so I'm very please with them overall. I think the price is very fair for 2.2 oz (62g) and this size lasts me several months. Many people just pour a tablespoon full or so into the tank and walk away which I think is wasteful because the fish won't not eat fast enough. This will only cause the flakes to drop to the bottom and get sucked into the filter. I drop enough for my fish to eat and once I see a little left at the surface, I drop a little more during the two minute timeframe. This is usually enough time for them to eat their fill. Sure, it takes a little more effort but it helps to keep my tank clean and my filter less clogged as well. Overall, I like this tropical flake and I think my fish do as well so I would recommend it. I only wish it came with a cap which slides open in the middle for easy pouring, but I'd still give it a 4.9/5.0 - 10/09/2014
on January 7, 2016
This is an amazing price for such a huge can of fish food. Mine will last a very long time as I don't have a ton of fish in my tank, but I will absolutely come back for another can when I eventually run out.

The fish seem to like it very well, and are very quick to snatch it up. I haven't fed my fish anything but these specific flakes, so I can't personally attest to any type of color benefits, but my fish are very colorful for what that's worth!