5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Economical Turtle Food
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:48 Mins
This food has kept my turtles happy since they were babies.

They love it and they are well nourished.

I also want to thank Ray Haberson of South Carolina for his continuance and loyalty to the preservation of the diamondback terrapins.
Published on April 7, 2008 by Groovin' guy

2.0 out of 5 stars Artificial colors, bad for your pet!
I wish I had done my research before buying this product. In fact, I am thinking of returning it after reading the ingredients list. It has tons of wheat gluten and artificial colors. I wouldn't want to eat artificial colors for every single meal and would avoid them if I could. Why should my turtle have to eat chemicals and way too much wheat and protein. I have seen...
Published 3 months ago by c los

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and Economical Turtle Food, April 7, 2008
Length:: 0:48 Mins

This food has kept my turtles happy since they were babies.

They love it and they are well nourished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consumed for nearly 25 years, August 9, 2013
J. Knopic IV (Harrisburg, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra ReptoMin Sticks Reptile Food, 2.64-Pound (Misc.)
Like most young boys, I wanted a pet turtle. In 1989 my mother reluctantly granted that wish...twice. My two guys have been eating ReptoMin sticks ever since. As I grew more educated, I of course varied their diets. And like spoiled children, my two turts often balked at food outside of the ReptoMin stick variety. Oddly enough, I have even seen my one snub an off-brand stick. The new resealable bag is great. I didn't know I'd be buying this stuff for as long as I have, but it does put a smile on my face each time I restock and think about how long I've cared for these two ectothermic friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars *creative subject line about how great this stuff is*, June 26, 2007
This review is from: Tetra ReptoMin Sticks Reptile Food, 2.64-Pound (Misc.)
I have a young painted turtle, and I had to find some food for it. I read some reviews of the ReptoMin foodsticks throughout the internet, and I figured I'd go with it. So, I go here to Amazon (because they have everything, no joke), find it in no time, and click the buy button. A couple days later, the stuff ships, and to my suprise, this isn't some small-fry food shaker. This is the mondo-ultra kingsize box when you compare it to the size of my turtle. I'll be glad in the future, because I know I won't have to reorder it anytime soon. Anyways...

I take out a couple pieces of food, and drop them in the water for the turtle to go at. Right away, the little booger turns around, sees the food, and takes after it. This stuff is like a turtle's delicious cake. Naturally, I found out that I had to soak it for a few minutes to let it soften up for the young turtle to be able to eat, but it doesn't matter to the turtle, he just loves the stuff (well, don't soak it too long or all of the flavor will dilute). He never did go through any kind of "Hmm, I've never seen this before, therefore it's probably gross. I won't eat it" type of stage. He dove right in. I've been feeding it to him for a little over a month now, and he's growing quite rapidly (I don't actually know the gender yet, fyi, you can't tell on young turtles such as this one). What can I say, he loves this stuff. I'd recommend it with full force, and when the time eventually comes, I'll buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our red eared sliders love them!, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Tetra ReptoMin Sticks Reptile Food, 2.64-Pound (Misc.)
I feed the office red eared sliders some ReptoMin in between their semi-weekly comet buffet. They certainly gobble them up. And this is an amazing price, especially considering how much local stores charge for a just a few ounces.

5.0 out of 5 stars My turtles love it!, January 10, 2007
This review is from: Tetra ReptoMin Sticks Reptile Food, 2.64-Pound (Misc.)
You can break them in half if they're too big for your turtles. I've been feeding them ReptoMin since they were newborns. They love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food for a small turtle, June 26, 2010
My daugther brought home a new pet turtle that she had found injured and was nursing to health. After looking up nutrition needs for this critter I discovered she had not bee feeding it the right food. It only took a few days to get the little guy to get the idea and eat this food. Now its a little pig - it eats this stuff as fast as I feed it.

You want to drop a few pellets directly into the turtles water. Don't add many, 2 or 3 until the turtle gets the idea and starts eating them. Once he is eating you should feed him enough to fill him but leave no extra floating to pollute the water. If the turtle has not eaten the pellets in 30 minutes you have added to many.

So whatever this is made of, our little friend loves it. A single container of this will last us months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great basic diet for red eared slider turtles, September 3, 2009
wjg3 (Acton, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra ReptoMin Sticks Reptile Food, 2.64-Pound (Misc.)
ReptoMin food sticks is what I've been feeding my two red eared slider turtles since acquiring them two years ago. They are healthy and always eager for more sticks. It's kind of fun having them take a stick right from between my fingers though you don't want to get nipped. I briefly tried a competitive food when my local pet stores stopped carrying ReptoMin. The other brand smelled fishy which made the water smell fishy, I couldn't hand feed the pellets, and it seemed the turtles ate less too. Now I buy in bulk (2.5 lb packages) on line.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for my frogs, November 18, 2013
Bella (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I have 3 african clawed water frogs, one is almost 16 years old- I have been feeding them these sticks for years - they love this food and my frogs are healthy- I occasionly give them a treat of freeze dried krill-but these sticks are their main staple- I recommend them for this type of frog.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, August 7, 2013
I always purchase this product for my turtle. Was glad to get it a bit cheaper also. I would recommend this to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for sliders, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Tetra ReptoMin Sticks Reptile Food, 2.64-Pound (Misc.)
While pet-sitting a red-eared slider, my husband and I found that the small turtle we are watching loves these sticks. Though we have to break the sticks into smaller pieces, because it's a baby turtle we're watching, the sticks do float for a few hours (if they aren't eaten right away) and they are easily broken to a perfect size for her little mouth. She prefers these sticks over all the other things we feed her, so they must be pretty tasty, but I would always suggest feeding real foods as well as this product, even though this is a great product, since an important key to a healthy pet is the right kind of diversity in their diet. I highly recommend this product to owners or keepers of aquatic turtles, especially red-eared sliders, since I'm especially aware of their taste for it.