Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 22, 2015
This is by far the best product out there for my Red Eared Sliders, aka pond sliders. It's how I got them to be near Guiness Book World Record sized in weight for their breed in captivity! I've tried other products in the 22 years I've had the 2 turtles, and they just aren't made as well. Biggest complaint against the others that I have is that they aren't made solid like these--the others disintegrate quickly in the water, leaving a lot of waste, and me having to feed them slowly, a handful at a time. With ReptoMin, (vet recommended), I dump a 1/2cup each into their area in the water, and walk away for 5 minutes, and return to all of them gone, and no waste/no mess! I do the same routine only 1/3 cup the next time, (they'll eat slower), and then like 1/4 each time after until they're not interested. Sometimes, they stop eating to go potty, and once they do that, they'll go back to eating again, so don't be deceived. I feed them only every 4-5 days, and if out of town, up to 12 days apart. Small turtles need more frequency, but I don't believe in restricting their eating. They'll eat until they're full, and stop or not eat at all if they're not hungry. They seem not to eat out of boredom, unlike me! I've seen people feed only a few pieces at a time, and I'd rather waste some, than not give them what their bodies tell them they need. I feed mine in the bathtub, which my husband & I scrub with water when we're done showering, and once they're done eating, I scrub with water after I net out any solid waste, and drain it. We have the cleanest tub in the neighborhood! But it's true, if you keep up on it, it takes no time at all. We never need to "clean" the tub/shower. If you have small turtles, I recommend a plastic tub of luke warm--feels almost cool to us, being about 77F tap water, (72F & below, they're likely not to eat, as their bodies start to shut down for hibernation when colder than that), and toss your ReptoMin into close proximity to each turtle, cause you won't want them to spend time seeking/swimming to their food & taking in more water than food. They'll bite right into the water layered with sticks. I noticed that if it takes them too long to eat, they will lose their appetite, just like me, and stop eating short of being their fullest. And then they'll be hungry again sooner than normal, too. You'll be so pleased that their tank & filters hardly need changing compared to feeding them in there, and they get true satisfaction from a happy caretaker. It's great being that Theresa & Theodora don't beg for food between feedings, so that IF one or both of them is clamoring for my attention, (they can make a lot of noise smacking that water!), they either want to get out to walk & climb around, (even though their tank has a dry area), to get their "backscratchy" (gently rub their shells, and/or lightly scratch their shell with your nails--Theresa pushes against my hand to say how hard she wants it, moving under my hand to where she wants it most), to be rubbed on their limbs/head/butt/tail and shell with Tetra cream--also the best cuticle cream ever, or so as to find a place to lay a clutch of unfertilized eggs, (usually a dark cool place like under my laundry pile on the closet floor, or under my bed, etc). They will teach you how to understand them if you pay them patience & attention. They tell me they want back into the tank even if just to pee and drink, by banging up against the stand, and then if they want back out, they'll clamor again; or if they want to eat, they'll bang up against the tub.

Enjoy your healthy babies by feeding them ReptoMin! If I feed them any treats, it's always after they have finished eating the pellets first for a balanced diet. They'll find room for greens, cucumber, watermelon, shrimp, crickets, etc, most of the time. MAKE SURE TO MAINTAIN PROPER LIGHTING SO THEY CAN DIGEST THE FOOD PROPERLY; because they literally won't process calcium fully and that is the most important thing to a turtle! Lighting is the only way to ensure healthy, solid, and gorgeous colored shells, and also so they generate eggs that won't bind & need surgically removed by a vet ($$$) or she can die, otherwise. I hope this has helped at least one person. I've saved many a turtle from their owners, who were not sure what to do with them. They're far more complicated than one would imagine, yet they're rough & tough when healthy!
on April 15, 2016
I have 3 larger turtles and the gobble these up like they have never eaten before. I would suggest you do not use this as their sole source of food. I supplement them with fresh greens, live gold fish, super meal worms, and a variety of other live food. This tub will probably only last about 6 months in my case but used to last much longer when the turtles were smaller. I do like the fact that it is in bulk with a tight fitting lid so they do not become stale quickly either.
on July 29, 2015
We have 5 big turtles in a large plastic pond in our lanai. It has a filter system with a 12 x 12 inch filter and a pump and fountain which keeps the water clean and healthy. I also built a floating island with a ramp so that they can climb up from the water and sun themselves. The turtles eat a lot and this food keeps them well fed for a reasonable price.
on January 10, 2014
If you're...um...fortunate enough to own several red-eared sliders, this deal can't be beat. Ounce for ounce, it is MUCH cheaper and since red-eared sliders live a long time, you will use it! Good staple for your turtles' diet.

Update: After debating for months, I've finally decided to personally try it and although a bit fishy, it's a high protein snack in a pinch.
on January 10, 2011
A biologist who works with turtles recommended this to me. If you've got a lot of turtles, or one big turtle, this product is for you.
on May 23, 2013
Don't know what's up, but we switched from using up a local Japanese product to this ordered from the states because I couldn't buy the other food in bulk, and it was very expensive, but our two Japanese Pond Turtles won't touch it. At first, they were eating it, but now they let it float until it finally sinks and disolves. Might have to throw out the whole bucket, and go back to what they were eating from the local Japanese pet store. It says for ALL aquatic turtles so before trying a smaller order first, I bought this big bucket. The other food sticks were a little larger, and more coarsely ground. They looked less processed. These look very processed, and the coloring is even artificial looking. The list of chemical ingredients is a page long. They don't like it, and I don't think I like it either, so it looks like $50 down the drain.
on September 20, 2015
I have ordered this product multiple times for my adult red eared slider. She will only eat this brand of floating stick and I prefer not having to purchase the very expensive small cans at the pet store. She is large and eats everyday so the small cans last less than 2 weeks. I also like that after it's empty I have a useful bucket with a lid : )
on December 16, 2012
Same high quality as any of their smaller packages but geared towards the big critter owners. Thank goodness too, my softshell bottle nose snapper and yellow eared slider are growing into their new tank accordingly. Of course their increased appetite was expected, just not such an increase! This more affordable larger package is a life saver and i will certainly be a repeat customer!
on November 12, 2011
Having 6 hungry mouthed turtles, I was always having to pick up food at the store in small cans. I found this on Amazon and figured out the dollar amount per ounce that I pay for the ones in the store and this one is saving me money by far. I run out of food in one of the small cans that I had purchased from the store and fill it up with the food in the bucket. I am so glad that I found this. $3.32 for 2.42 oz in the store or $50.00 for almost 7 lbs. And I don't have to worry about them running out of food for quite some time now.
review image review image review image
on September 18, 2015
I buy a bucket every 6 months. I have 7 turtles I have raised from babies on this stuff. They grew up big and healthy. The turtles would probably be fine if they eat this stuff alone, but we do give them fresh vegetables and cooked seafood as snacks every once in a while. These floating food sticks float on the surface of the water for a much longer time than the turtles need to eat them, they don't cloud the water, and the turtles love the taste! The sticks come in various sized contains, but for hungry adult turtles this is the size to get if you want a bargain. They go through this bucket like nothing, especially in the summer time.

See 1 answered question