5.0 out of 5 stars filters
Use this filter since i bought a 20 gallon hexagon tank.Does a great job for what i want.
Published on September 11, 2010 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Packaging Issues
I opened the (sealed) box and only got 3 filters. First page of reviews and somebody else had the same problem, so this is probably pretty common.
I'm sure Amazon would refund no problems, but I also realized I ordered a size too big - so rather than deal with all the hassle I just made them fit, dealing with it for now.

But again - check your box as soon...
Published 27 days ago by Steven P.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but much cheaper when purchased un assembled, March 30, 2012
J. Nichols "J. Nichols NCTMB" (Sterling Hghts., Mi. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra 26332 Whisper EX Carbon Filter Cartridges, Large, 4-Pack (Misc.)
I purchased these filters for ease of use, because I need someone to watch my fish while I'm away. Just pitch it and install the new one. The only reason I only rated this filter bag a 4 is if you don't mind taking a few minutes to pour in the charcoal and rinse, the box of 12 un assembled filters are about the same price as these 4. These ones are custom cut to better fit my filter 'holder', but the un assembled ones are more squared off at the bottom. They don't fit quite perfectly, yet they still work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars filters, September 11, 2010
Kindle Customer (WOLFCREEK, WV, US) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Filters, August 24, 2013
I have a 55 gal tank. I change 1/3 of the water once a month. My filter takes two filters. At the pet shop they are expensive. By shoping at Amazon I was able to save enough to pay shipping and still beat the pet shop price. Same filter, same package.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
Daisy Yancy "dcku" (Ft. Worth, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Can't find these filters in the local stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars great price, July 10, 2014
the price is about %65 less than my LFS. and shipping is swift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good filters for my filter, July 8, 2014
Mike (Florida USA) - See all my reviews
They fit and are easy to change

3.0 out of 5 stars Packaging Issues, June 30, 2014

But again - check your box as soon as they are shipped. Don't wait until it is too late!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good!, June 28, 2014
You can never go wrong when you buy the large 4pack. This keeps me good on these filters for 6 months because I don't change but one side of the filter every 6 weeks. This is because I want the keep my nitrogen cycle established when I swap them out. I know it takes 6 weeks for the cycle to establish, that is why I do it every 6 weeks. These companies just want to make money when they say replace sooner.

As for the carbon, YES, it does make the water beautifully clear but it is not needed more than every 6 weeks, and we know the established nitrogen cycle is more important than clear water. If you don't already you should operate at least one more sponge filter in combination to the EX 75.

4.0 out of 5 stars Filtered the Water, June 23, 2014
Worked as described. Had it being used in conjunction with another filter and performed just fine. No longer using this filter as I found a Fluval 306 on the side of the road that only needed some TLC to work. Still have my Whisper on standby for any sort of emergency.

3.0 out of 5 stars Open it immediately. You might not have 4 filters, June 18, 2014
Open it as soon as you get it. I only got three filters in my box. Box was completely sealed, so the three filters is how it came from the Tetra factory. Obviously not an Amazon problem. It's a Tetra problem, and I suspect I'm not the only box with the problem. Amazon return and reorder was seamless. 5 stars for that.

Rate and Discover Movies