4.0 out of 5 stars Blue flip-flops
The flip-flops in question are comfortable, but no longer mush in to form a custom fitting for your foot. Teva has changed their product but still call it "Mush".
Published on February 28, 2011 by M. A. Fish

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Mush of old
New Mush flip flops are less mushy (i.e., stiff) and have a more abrasive material passing between your toes. This is footwear made by people who don't care about making footwear. Sorry I bought them.
Published on May 7, 2012 by JW

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue flip-flops, February 28, 2011
M. A. Fish (Overland Park, KS) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Mush of old, May 7, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Comfortable Flip Flops I Have Warn, August 31, 2013
These are probably the most comfortable Flip Flops I have ever warn. Soft enough to be comfortable, but also solid enough to be supportive.

The material they are made of seems to be of good quality as well. They are made of 2 layers. The top layer is the "Mush" material, which is very comfortable and soft. The bottom material is the base and is what has contact with the ground. This is much stiffer than the Mush layer, but still somewhat soft and flexible. I think these will last a while.

I bought these primarily for shower use, but I got out with them once in a while as well. Just an FIY, these tend to stay wet a bit longer than other rubber or foam only flip flops, but eventually it dries. Not a big problem, just an FYI if you are looking for something that dries immediately.

Also, I got rid of the tag that is on the inside of the flip flops. (It is on both left and right flip flops.) When wearing them the tag would bother me a lot. It doesn't scratch or hurt but It bothered me. If you have the same problem, take your favorite scissors or knife and get it off.

I highly recommend these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard Plastic Emblem, August 15, 2011
This review is from: Teva Men's Mush II Flip Flop (Apparel)
I bought these hoping for a soft feel. I used to buy Gravis SoundCheck (EggCrate) flip flops for its unbelievable softness. I looked for 'softest' flip flop and TEVA came to display. I bought these, (even live chatted with a Teva Sales Rep) because of the "MUSH" title. Unfortunately, for me, this was pointless because this flip flop has a 1 inch HARD plastic emblem right underneath the HEEL area of the flip flop. In my opinion, it defeats the purpose of having a "MUSH" soft flip flip if you're going to add in hard plastic logos. I returned and was issued a refund promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep they're mushy, June 29, 2014
These are hands down the most comfortable flip flops I have ever had. I just bought my second pair. They have a great selection of colors and designs and the prices on Amazon are unbeatable.

Many other reviewers have complained about the plastic logo marker inlaid in the heel footbed. Although I do think this is not the most ideal place for this logo I don't think it takes anything away from the comfort aspect and I don't even notice it. Be aware that the footbed will conform to your foot quite well, but this does take away some of the comfort when the foam gets crushed down. That's the reason I bought a second pair.

These are great for camping and traveling as they are super light compared to other brands. You can always catch me with these in my backpack on the trail or stuffed in my carry on somewhere. I don't travel without my Tevas. I was very interested in Chacos as a second alternative to these that may be a heavier duty outdoor option, but after looking at them I just couldn't get past the weight of Chacos when compared to the Tevas. The Chacos felt like a brick on my feet where the Tevas are literally like a feather and you don't even notice you're wearing them. Also an advantage for lightweight traveling and backpacking.

If you're looking for a quality, lightweight, comfortable footwear option I would not hesitate to pick these up. I think you will be very pleased with all aspects of this simple piece of footwear.

Don't leave home without them!

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't always buy flip flops, but when I do, I buy Teva, February 26, 2012
Simply put these are the best pair of sandals I have ever bought. These flip flops are new comfortable than most shoes and fit just as snugly. My only complaint is that it is slightly hard right underneath the heel, but that doesn't really post an issue.

2.0 out of 5 stars Foot pain, July 25, 2011
This review is from: Teva Men's Mush II Flip Flop (Apparel)
Have to give these a less than stellar review. Once the sole material "broke in" and conformed to my feet, they became pain inducing. I've never had my feet ache so much. I'm not sure what it is, unless it's the "mush" material they're made of. I haven't had this problem with other sandals, and only tried these because my favorite brand has been discontinued. But if you can find them in your size, I'd recommend Sanuk Men's Dorado II Sandals. They're very, very comfortable. A new pair is like getting a foot massage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Curl up after one use, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Teva Men's Mush II Flip Flop (Apparel)
My Teva Mush flip flops have completely curled up after just one use. The emblem in the foot is also extremely annoying and at times painful. I can't believe this product is produced by Teva. I will never by them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect camp shoe, November 3, 2014
TucsonShopper (Tucson, Arizona) - See all my reviews
Only 3.4 ounces per pair (and not 2 pounds as in description). These are Mush II shoes, which are a bit narrower and thinner than the original but not in any way radically different as suggested by some reviewers. However, you should know some people prefer Teva Men's Original Mush Flip Flop. These conform to your feet, have an EVA sole with a traction pattern, and come with quick drying polyester straps. If you might prefer a thicker canvas strap, see Teva Men's Mush II Canvas M Flip Flop. These are also very light (the II's, even more so), provide some protection from rough campsites, and offer the best chance for the old dogs to cool off after a long hike. Some complain about the tag on the heel, but it provides greater durability and can't really be felt (except by real princesses).

Teva's have some arch support (important for not letting your feet go flat). In comparison, normal cheap flip-flops aren't good for extensive walking because they offer no arch support, heel cushioning, or shock absorption as these do. Wearers of normal flip-flops are thusly more likely to suffer foot pain and tendinitis (as per the APMA). Now remember, the second most likely place for a rattle snake to bite is the ankle of someone wearing flip-flops into the desert (so don't do it).

Other camp shoes I considered include the Sockwa G3 (discontinued now for the more expensive G4 but still available for $25 with free shipping from Sockwa) when you would prefer something slightly warmer (but they don't provide any arch support) and the Patagonia Women's Advocate MJ Shoe if you have a narrower foot (both are only slightly heavier at about 4 ounces). Crocs are two to three times the weight and the more expensive Chaco flip-flops are just as heavy and hard on my feet (again, both also have no arch support). Every other flip flop weighs at least 50% more and every ounce counts when you have to carry it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last a bit better than cheaper ones do, June 27, 2014
Other than the fact that they're better made, there isn't a lot to say. They're flip flops, we used to call them thongs before people started wearing thong underwear.

Teva Men's Mush II Flip Flop