Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Teva Men's Omnium Closed-Toe Sandal
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 8, 2011
GOOD: I love the wide forefoot of the Omnium. I can actually wear hiking socks with mine. The adjustable ankle is especially great for people like me who have small ankles. This is a solid, rugged shoe. I wear it for biking (fabulous on hot days; I wear them for long all-day trips), walking on rocks by the ocean, around the house as slippers, and general being out and about. With heavy socks these can be worn from spring through fall---they're warmer than you would imagine. I especially love to wear them around camp when car camping or kayak camping.

Much has been said about the sole delaminating. Teva has taken responsibility for this. When the sole fell off my Omniums Teva sent me a free replacement pair---even though my sandals were four years old and beaten up by lots of hard use! (If the sole hadn't fallen off they would have lasted 5 or 6 years of constant use.) Their customer service is very good. I'm told that the glue problem has been corrected.

THE BAD: Don't expect the comfort of a running shoe. There is virtually no arch support. The insole seems soft at first but it's actually a lot harder than a running shoe. This is not a shoe for walking on pavement all day. I'm going to put an insole in my replacement pair.

These are NOT a water shoe!!! "Can be worn in the water" does NOT mean "waterproof"! The fabric and neoprene parts absorb and hold buckets of water. You would NOT want to have these as your only shoe on a multi-day canoe or kayak trip, because they are VERY slow drying. The one time I got them wet it took them 48 hours to dry. On a long trip you would end up with continually wet feet, which in some seasons could be a safety issue.

Comparing the Omnium to the Churn, the Churn will dry faster but the Omnium will be more durable and rugged. The Churn feels softer inside but does support the foot as well as the Omnium.

SIZING: I advise ordering a half to a full size larger than your regular shoe size.

Bottom line: I love my Omniums. They are very versatile. But you do have to respect their limitations and not expect them to be a water shoe or a long-distance walking shoe. I think they could become a long-distance walking shoe if Teva made the insole softer and gave it an arch support. They could be a water shoe if made of a different material that doesn't absorb water.
22 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2014
I was really up in the air about buying these or another brand because of so many mixed reviews.

I saw they went on sale and purchased two colors and GLAD I DID.
I have high FLAT FEET and ankle instability and that was a major concern for me.
I always have to wear my custom innersoles but not with these.

I put them on right out the box and went for a walk and felt very comfotable and well ballanced.

I purchased my size 9 /M and am thrilled with the fit,.
No arch pain or foot fatigue, mind you I had them on for A 2 hour walk.

They appear and feel very well made. I also wore them in the rain and they dried quickly infront of my a/c.

The other color has the same results.. I'll update this if I feel or see any changes but for now.
I'M THRILLED WITH THEM

Oh, the buckle is well made although, I didn't have to make any adjustments at all.
review image review image review image review image
on July 10, 2009
First off, very comfortable shoe. I've been wearing them almost daily for 2-3 months. But not much outdoor use, mostly to work and back. Not heavy use at all, and only a few months.
So the other day when I had to break out the hot glue gun to start gluing the heel back on in several spots, I was a little disappointed. I see another reviewer was having the same problem. If you look at the picture, the dark part of the heel on the side was coming off, along with the dark part on the side ball of the foot.
As long as the glue holds, I'll keep wearing these because they're just a nice shoe to wear. But I'll wonder a bit in the future if I go to purchase another pair.
1010 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2008
These are outstanding shoes/sandals. I am very hard to fit because my feet are very wide near the toes, so I always dread buying shoes. I usually have to buy shoes and extra 1/2 to 1 size too large to deal with my wide feet, but these fit perfectly in my true size. Great roomy toe space! I couldn't be happier. I'm planning to buy at least one extra pair in case they phase these out.

ADDITIONAL UPDATE: JUNE 2009. I took these as my sole shoes on a three-week trip to Greece. They're great, but the soles (on both!) started to come off! I was able to glue them, so I got by, but I was very disappointed to have that happen on these expensive shoes. HOWEVER, I'd still give 5 stars because Teva is replacing them. It only cost me the $10 it took to ship them to Teva. Great customer service rocks.
22 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2014
These are the most uncomfortable shoes ever. A one hour walk, not hike leaves me with a huge blister. The fabric in the heel pills and is like sand paper. I have tried wearing them on short walks and they are a bit painful and fiqured they needed breaking time. Any more than about 15 mins and its nothing but a pain. Why Teva ever stopped making the Itunda I dont understand, I owned two pairs and never a problem.
review image review image
on August 11, 2011
I was so embarrassed! I bought the Teva Men's Closed Toes Sandal almost a year ago, but didn't wear them much until last week's cruise vacation. How embarrassing to have your only pair of sandals disintegrate while on a cruise ship! The bottom of one completely separated and the other partially peel off at the heal.
Note that there was no warning. The shoes looked brand new one morning and fell apart by early afternoon. Amazon, you should really take this badly constructed item off of your product list.
on March 21, 2012
In spite of some previous bad reviews for "defective" glue on the soles, I took a chance and ordered my first pair of Teva "Omnium" sandals through Amazon, under the assumption that Teva has surely corrected the issue by now.

Time will tell on the durability, but I decided these were my new favorite summer shoes as soon as I took them out of the box. Trying them on sealed the opinion and I love these things. I did say first pair, as I am already wanting to buy a second pair (in a different color for variety). I will try to be patient and see how these wear after a few months.

But these have a GREAT fit and I like the adjustable snap-click fasteners. It's been awhile since I was this excited about a pair of sandals or shoes.

I bought mine on Amazon from Peltz Shoes. Securely boxed, as described and shipped UPS to my door within a few days. I'm pleased all around. However, stay tuned for an update in a few months if the glue on the soles does not hold up.

**Update: I'm almost a month into these sandals. The shine is off the apple, so to speak, but I still like them (love is such a difficult word to express). Since the infatuation is gone, I have taken a "star" away as they are not quite as comfortable as they could be after a reasonable break-in period and the "cheapness" of some of the materials lurks beneath the surface. Yet they are currently my "go-to" shoes as I find them comfortable for light hiking and daily casual wear. I still intend to buy a second pair once I am satisfied the glue problem so often described has been corrected.

***SECOND UPDATE: Now over 3 months into these sandals with a LOT of use. No problems with the glue situation, which Teva obviously corrected. The soles have worn to the point where the "cushion" is diminished and on loose or wet surfaces the traction is fading. Did the soles wear a little premature? Maybe, but I really wore these things a LOT on all types of surfaces.

I like them, a great deal, and am giving the 5th star back! In fact, I like them so much I just received and am breaking in my second pair (this time in brown). Honestly, the Teva's are more comfortable than my more expensive Keen's and the snap closure is a nice feature. I hope Teva continues with this style for next summer as I'll probably be needing another pair.

****UPDATE #3: OK, a year later and I just bought my third pair. These are getting harder to find (discontinued?) and I grabbed a new pair via Amazon. My second set are daily wear sandals, the first set are now serving duty as grass mowing shoes.
on June 10, 2010
We purchased a variety of Teva sandal models for a 15 day trip down the Grand Canyon. We wore them around the house and yard for a few weeks to break them in. The very first day in the canyon they started falling apart - the soles delaminated and I spent hours of precious canyon time trying to glue them using shoo goo, aqua seal and gorilla glue. Nothing held more than a couple days. Finally we duct taped them as best we could and hoped we didn't kill ourselves on the hikes by slipping on the duct taped soles. Another customer on the trip also had her Tevas delaminate (we had the spider rubber inserts, she had a full rubber sole). The guides previously had bad experiences with Teva and wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Teva knew these sandals were crap, and sold them anyway instead of recalling them. I bought some of the original Teva sandals 20 years ago, but will never buy their product again.
88 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2008
Have had a pair of the Omniums for about a month now. I take about an 11 1/2 size and ordered the 12. Fit is great. Very adjustable from loose to snug with front & rear velcro & lace thingys. Mostly been hiking in the woods, roads, & in the stream a little. Pretty nice for jogging thanks to the cush in the heel.
Likes: Lite weight, adjustable, comfy, great traction, water resistant / quick drying, no socks needed.
Dislikes: They will pick up small rocks - I need to stop at least once an outing to empty them out. Stones get trapped & you can't get them out without taking the shoes off. They are a little funky looking also, but hey, who isn't.
Would definitely recommend.
on March 7, 2010
Had these sandals for one summer. The rubber on the bottom of both completely detached itself. They look great but the build quality is poor. Also, when you get them wet they take a very long time to dry out.