5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who need arch support
Published on August 20, 2012 by B. G.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good sandal
Published 6 months ago by Bill B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who need arch support, August 20, 2012
Last year I tore my posterior tibial tendon which is designed to support the arch in your foot. I, therefore, instructed wear orthodics in my shoes to help provide support. However, now that it is summer, I wanted a pair of sandals to just wear around the house or to the beach. Voila!!!!!! After gonig to numerous stores and trying on umpteen pairs on sandals, my wife and I finally found this model Teva sandal which has a terrific arch that I can actually feel when I walk giving me the confidence that my arch is getting proper support. Thank you Teva.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hiking!, August 4, 2012
This review is from: Teva Men's Tanza Leather Sandal (Shoes)
My husband bought these shoes (and I bought a similar pair for women) less than a week before we left for the Smoky Mountains. We broke them in on a few short hikes around our city park and knew we were taking a risk when we left with these as our main hiking shoes... but they worked wonderfully! We love hiking in sandals when it's super hot out - letting your feet breathe really helps cool you down. It was also nice to be able to splash through creeks without missing a step. My synthetic pair dried out faster than his leather, but he didn't develop any blisters. The grip is fantastic - we did several hikes over exposed rock, and these held on wonderfully. The shoe is true to size - the toe may seem a little long, if so, be thankful. The extra length helps protect your toes from being stubbed against rocks. These shoes seem very well made, and we're hoping they last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teva hit a home run with this sandal, June 13, 2012
Teva finally gets it all right. These are great sandals, very attractive and Teva finally added enough arch support. I got a little rubbing on my big toe at first, so there is a little break-in period. But overall they're very comfortable. The straps are the correct length too. I had to cut the straps down on a previous pair four or five years ago, but they have it right now. I do wish they would put perforations on top to allow the foot to breath, but few of these manufaturers seem to do it. Far and away the best sandals I've ever owned. Improved heal strike. Much lighter and more comfortable than my Chacos. In fact, I like them so much I purchased a second pair and am buying the full featured version, the Toachi 2. Overall, a very impressive sandal.

3.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good sandal, July 16, 2014
Bill B. (a Silicon Suburb, USA) - See all my reviews
They're pretty good sandals. I'd hoped these would be as good as the Teva Obern's I've bought (and loved) a few times before, because the Oberns have gone to $100/pr and these were almost half that. The Tanza doesn't fit itself to your foot as comfortably, and the heel shock absorber is sorely missed on a long walk. In summary, the Teva Tanza is a pretty good sandal for a reasonable price. I will go back to the Obern model when I've either worn out, or become too tired of these Tanzas. For me, the extra quality is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandal...great customer service!, August 6, 2012
I ordered these for my husband....and he loves them! He received a first pair and the padding under the strap over the toe on one shoe was "curled" under around the edges a bit, and it rubbed his toe, and he couldn't handle it. I contacted Teva and another pair was shipped that day as soon as they received confirmation that I had dropped the original pair off at UPS with the label they had emailed to me... and they were super friendly about it. Got the second pair back in about 3 days. No exchange issue at all!

He was considering the Teva Fossil Canyon which is a great look also....but has a semi-enclosed heel....meaning no shaking sand/pebbles out the back! This was a deal breaker for him.

They are true to size (possibly slightly bigger). He wears an 8.5-9. I ordered the 8.5, and they were a great fit with a tiny bit of room to spare in length. Don't go bigger than what you normally wear!

Well-made...super comfy...great style that I like as well!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what i was looking for, July 24, 2012
Parker (QUINCY, Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Appearance wise they are a great looking, but the inner mesh folded over in many spots and required adjusting every time you put your foot in the sandle, comfortable afterwards. The foot bed, I am guessing, is coded with some chemicals for longevity purpose but it made my feet sweat. I was really looking for something a little more traditional all leather and not just coated with leather for looks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sandals, May 23, 2013
I had a pair of Teva shoes that I wore for the last ten years. Unfortunately, the shoe started falling apart. So, I was faced with trying to find a new pair of sandals and since I loved my Tevas before, I felt I should go and find the same shoe by the same company. So the first thing that struck me is after 10 years, you just can't find the same identical sandal. They might have tweeked the shoe to make it more cost efficient and I was somewhat worried that the new sandal would not fit, or it would have tabs and such in the wrong place which would cut into my toes, such as was described by other reviewers.

I took the plunge and ordered the sandal which looked similar to the one I had and ordered the same size as my old pair (luckily, the tags had not fallen off and were still readable). The sandals fit as expected, and sure enough the extra pad that were designed into the shoe cut into my big toe unless I made sure that the tab was properly fitted around my big toe.

After about one week of wearing them , though, the shoe is great. The pads have fallen in place and don't affect the comfort of the shoe at all. Since the shoe is now broken in, the pads have formed themselves around my toe and foot and I am no longer aware of these extras that Teva designed into the shoe.

I really like this new pair of sandals, and hopefully they will serve me for the next ten years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice sandal, June 1, 2013
I wear an orthotic in my regular shoes, but the adjustability of the sandal made it unnecessary. I wear them a lot more than my shoes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Teva Tanza, January 30, 2013
The sandals are OK adjustable back strap good,you need to watch the stitching underneath they cause blisters they need to be worn down a bit to make them comfortable.I don't like the suede material underneath the foot area it becomes greasy and smelly.I have worn Teva for some years now. I prefer not have suede underneath the foot area you get a better grip when walking.These shoes are generally very good and you get good wear out of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Selected sandal, September 1, 2013
I received these at 8.5D along with the Obern at 8D. Both were warehouse deals. I normally wear a 7.5EEE in dress shoes across most every brand. This was capable of adjustment to fit me which is good but also means it might run a bit small. In the end, the sole and the straps were the best from across several brands. I kept these.

Teva Men's Tanza Leather Sandal