Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Teva Men's Tanza Leather Sandal
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 4, 2012
My husband bought these shoes (and I bought a similar pair for women) less than a week before we left for the Smoky Mountains. We broke them in on a few short hikes around our city park and knew we were taking a risk when we left with these as our main hiking shoes... but they worked wonderfully! We love hiking in sandals when it's super hot out - letting your feet breathe really helps cool you down. It was also nice to be able to splash through creeks without missing a step. My synthetic pair dried out faster than his leather, but he didn't develop any blisters. The grip is fantastic - we did several hikes over exposed rock, and these held on wonderfully. The shoe is true to size - the toe may seem a little long, if so, be thankful. The extra length helps protect your toes from being stubbed against rocks. These shoes seem very well made, and we're hoping they last a long time.
on June 13, 2012
Teva finally gets it all right. These are great sandals, very attractive and Teva finally added enough arch support. I got a little rubbing on my big toe at first, so there is a little break-in period. But overall they're very comfortable. The straps are the correct length too. I had to cut the straps down on a previous pair four or five years ago, but they have it right now. I do wish they would put perforations on top to allow the foot to breath, but few of these manufaturers seem to do it. Far and away the best sandals I've ever owned. Improved heal strike. Much lighter and more comfortable than my Chacos. In fact, I like them so much I purchased a second pair and am buying the full featured version, the Toachi 2. Overall, a very impressive sandal.
on July 16, 2014
They're pretty good sandals. I'd hoped these would be as good as the Teva Obern's I've bought (and loved) a few times before, because the Oberns have gone to $100/pr and these were almost half that. The Tanza doesn't fit itself to your foot as comfortably, and the heel shock absorber is sorely missed on a long walk. In summary, the Teva Tanza is a pretty good sandal for a reasonable price. I will go back to the Obern model when I've either worn out, or become too tired of these Tanzas. For me, the extra quality is worth it.
on July 25, 2014
The soles and arch supports are adequate. The sandal is fairly comfortable walking on pavement or trails, but I am undecided whether or not to return them because of the cheap and flimsy uppers. The leather of the straps is almost paper-thin, they are narrow (3/4" and digging into the tops of my feet), and they are much too short. On the upper strap, the "hook" part of the Velcro that forms the bottom of the union is about 4" long, but on my feet there is only 3/4" of overlap, much less than I would have preferred, and it just looks and feels shoddy and cheap. If I keep these I will cut the top straps and sew in about 2" of nylon fabric to make them longer, but for the price I shouldn't have to do that. These are made in China and well below the standard of what I would have expected from a name like Teva.

Update (one day later): After wearing them for an evening of casual walking, I sent them back. The more I wore them the less I liked them.
on August 6, 2012
I ordered these for my husband....and he loves them! He received a first pair and the padding under the strap over the toe on one shoe was "curled" under around the edges a bit, and it rubbed his toe, and he couldn't handle it. I contacted Teva and another pair was shipped that day as soon as they received confirmation that I had dropped the original pair off at UPS with the label they had emailed to me... and they were super friendly about it. Got the second pair back in about 3 days. No exchange issue at all!

He was considering the Teva Fossil Canyon which is a great look also....but has a semi-enclosed heel....meaning no shaking sand/pebbles out the back! This was a deal breaker for him.

They are true to size (possibly slightly bigger). He wears an 8.5-9. I ordered the 8.5, and they were a great fit with a tiny bit of room to spare in length. Don't go bigger than what you normally wear!

Well-made...super comfy...great style that I like as well!
on September 1, 2013
I received these at 8.5D along with the Obern at 8D. Both were warehouse deals. I normally wear a 7.5EEE in dress shoes across most every brand. This was capable of adjustment to fit me which is good but also means it might run a bit small. In the end, the sole and the straps were the best from across several brands. I kept these.
on September 27, 2012
I've owned Teva's since the late 80's and purchased this model hoping to experience what I have owned in the past. This is probably my fourth pair. I'm sorry to report that the top strap stitching has started to separate from the hook and loop layer underneath in only 1 week.
I'm very disappointed in the build quality of this sandal.
I would steer clear of these sandals until they figure out what is happening to their manufacturing line.
on January 30, 2013
The sandals are OK adjustable back strap good,you need to watch the stitching underneath they cause blisters they need to be worn down a bit to make them comfortable.I don't like the suede material underneath the foot area it becomes greasy and smelly.I have worn Teva for some years now. I prefer not have suede underneath the foot area you get a better grip when walking.These shoes are generally very good and you get good wear out of them.
on November 15, 2014
This pair replaced a pair of Teva sandals I have had for several years. This pair has a nice ridge around the the foot and fits much better. In addition, the old pair without this ridge had a tendency to flip backward and cause tripping. This sandal base is sturdier and the straps are a better quality. Nice improvements on a good standard.
on July 5, 2015
I had a pair of Tevas back in the day but they wore out. I went with a pair of Land's End sandals that were "ok" and wore those out too. I decided to go back to Teva and I'm so happy I did. These have great arch support and are comfortable on my heels. I have plantar faciitis in my left foot and these have such good arch support that I almost don't have to wear my arch band. I can be standing in these for quite some time before my heel starts to ache.

If they feel a little uncomfortable in the heel strap or toe strap, loosen them ever so slightly. That did the trick for me. They should not be snug... they are sandals after all.