Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Teva Women's Omnium Sandal
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$74.00 - $93.50

on June 10, 2010
We purchased a variety of Teva sandal models for a 15 day trip down the Grand Canyon. We wore them around the house and yard for a few weeks to break them in. The very first day in the canyon they started falling apart - the soles delaminated and I spent hours of precious canyon time trying to glue them using shoo goo, aqua seal and gorilla glue. Nothing held more than a couple days. Finally we duct taped them as best we could and hoped we didn't kill ourselves on the hikes by slipping on the duct taped soles. Another customer on the trip also had her Tevas delaminate (we had the spider rubber inserts, she had a full rubber sole). The guides previously had bad experiences with Teva and wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Teva knew these sandals were crap, and sold them anyway instead of recalling them. I bought some of the original Teva sandals 20 years ago, but will never buy their product again.
1616 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2009
I liked this shoe instantly when I put it on in the store, and I have a very hard foot to fit. They are very comfortable sandals for walking, rock hopping, or hiking. (all of which I have done in them)

However, I read the other reviews here and was surprised to hear that people seem to like this shoe in the water. I recently went on vacation and got these shoes wet many times. The reason I only gave 3 out of 5 stars is that the sandals don't dry well at all. I would go to the beach in the afternoon, then rinse them off when I got home, put them out to dry and by morning they weren't dry yet. This was a big inconvenience because I only brought two pairs of shoes for the trip and had to wear tennis shoes in the hot weather for the next day until these sandals dried, or go around in soggy shoes all day. I also got a big blister on my heel when wearing these wet.

Overall, the shoe is a good one, but I think is not suited for in-and-out dry and wet use.
33 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2011
I have a wonderful love/hate relationship with these shoes.

I love them. I love them so much I own them in every color. My foot is small enough that I can fit in the 'big kid' shoes and I have those in every color as well. I probably have about a dozen pairs of Teva Omniums.

I wear these year round and they are hands down the most comfortable shoes I own.

I originally bought these for a trip to Jamaica. I was looking for a good amphibious shoe. These seemed to fit the bill. I wore them while climbing Dunn's River Falls. The first problem was immediately evident. Sand and small rocks get in them. OUCH. Not good. To be fair this would be a problem with any brand/style of sandals with this design.

The second problem came up after I got out of the falls and I noticed my shoes were coming apart. Just a little at the back on the sides near the heel. It wasn't that big of a deal so I wasn't too concerned.

Fast forward a year....I got out of my car one night and nearly fell on my face. One of the soles on my shoe had nearly peeled off. Grrr. They were fine when I got in the car.

I looked into this on other websites (Teva/Zappos) only to find this is a HUGE and common problem with these shoes. Lots of reviews stating this was a problem. And to make matters worse, Teva doesn't seem to care. For shoes that sell for $85.00 I find this totally unacceptable.

I've since repaired my shoes with some SureHold Multi-purpose SureFlex Adhesive I bought at a local Walgreens. So far so good. They're holding up.

If your looking for a good, comfortable shoe these are great. Just don't wear them in water. Water seems to loosen up the glue Teva uses. None of my other Tevas have had the sole peeling issue *knocks wood*, but I also haven't used any of them as 'water shoes'.
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2009
I was initially totally thrilled with this product. The fit is VERY comfortable and the shoes are light weight. I did have to wear a thin pair of socks the first few hours until they stretched a bit around my toes but other than that, they were perfect!

The week after my four-day vacation, which I bought the shoes for, the rubber started coming apart on the soles!

This is NOT typical of Teva products!!! I was VERY disappointed!!! I am hoping that I just got a defective pair. I have sent them back unfortunately.
on November 22, 2008
Teva Women's Omnium Hiking Shoe

These shoes are fantastic! With multiple adjustments for top, back and sides of shoe, they fit well. They are easy to put on and remove, and the holes in them keep feet cool and comfy whether on land or in water. I mostly wear them in the pool for water jogging or water aerobics, and they work great here! They have lots of 'give' to protect joints, and their extra weight let my feet 'float' to the floor of the pool to minimize impact.

On land, these have good 'grip' when hiking on damp, slick surfaces. My husband and I both own these shoes and use them a lot. We've recommended them to many friends and acquaintances, and will continue to do so. I tried many other kinds and brands of water shoes, and I plan to stick with these Teva Omniums!
on August 31, 2009
Love the shoe so much that I purchased for my health trip to the Dominican Republic. The first rain storm the sole of shoe came apart. I spent the next 1 1/2 weeks walking around with my shoes duct taped together. Maybe this pair was made on Friday at 5pm but I was very dissapointed !
I am a longtime Teva fan, I usually get the Dozer style and have enjoyed wearing them for just about anything! I spend a lot of time at Tahoe in the summer on the beach, in the water and out on jetskis. The above style Teva was my second choice only because I didn't like the colors the Dozer's came in this year. The ones I ended up with just feel uncomfortable across the top of the foot and at the heel no matter how much I change the straps around, I think it it because the "tongue" is solid and has elastic in it. The plastic buckle on the strap is annoying as well. The heel shape is to rigid and cuts into the area right above the heel. These shoes also trap more sand and do not shed the water and sand as well as the Dozer's. I will not be buying this shoe again, I will stick with the Dozer style and suffer bad colors from now on!!
on October 3, 2011
I just got back from Galapagos Islands. I used these shoes for all the guided excursions on the Islands. We had many wet landings, walks over sharp lava beds, hikes up hills, snorkeling, etc. These shoes did it all! They were comfortable and cleaned up well after each exploration. They were also wide enough in the toe area, which is usually a problem for me. I love them!
on July 4, 2011
I bought these shoes to wear on a daily basis. I am a farm owner in the Missouri Ozarks. I also have issues with finding shoes with enough support to let me work all day without being in pain. I put these shoes on at 6am and they'll be on until sometimes 8 or 9 that night. I was amazed the first day that I wore them that I felt no foot fatigue, the support was excellent. The width of the shoe in front is perfect for me since I have a wide foot. There is support without constraint. When they are dirty, a bit of soap and a small brush and they're as good as new the next morning. I can't say enough good about these shoes and will be purchasing another pair very soon to wear when I go shopping or doing tourist things.
on March 1, 2014
Excellect quality. Great grey/blue color. Brown works, but the grey combo is perkier. I would have kept them, but they are wide shoes that can be cinched for those with a low instep. Though I have a low instep, no amount of cinching will keep my foot from sliding side to side. Additionally, the outside edges curve out too wide at the ball of the foot...then they curve way towards the inside...like a half moon. Skechers use the same shape last on a lot of their shoes. They dont work for me because they force my straight foot into an unnatural curve. Another "no go" for me is that with my pronated ankles, these shoes seemed to cause my feet to cave in even more. Yes, wonderful to stand in, but, after wearing Keen boots, two pairs of socks and an extra pad, my foot/knee/hip/back pain has gone away. Plantar/Mortons/narrow/low instep/pronated ankles...have made me learn to be exceptionally cautious about my shoe purchases. These will go back so that someone with a wide, curved foot and normal arches and low to mid instep can enjoy their cuteness and comfort!