5.0 out of 5 stars love!
These boots are fabulous. I was a little scared because of some of the other reviews I read, but:

1) These really do fit true to size. I promise. I was worried I should have ordered 1/2 size larger, but I'm really glad I didn't. (I typically have "wide" feet, but leather stretches naturally, and within 2 wears these were perfect.)

2) The ankles: many...
Published on February 11, 2012 by ekot

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on December 3, 2011 by Cheryl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars love!, February 11, 2012

2) The ankles: many people have commented that they're baggy. I kind of feel like these people have not worn leather boots before. They crease around the ankles, yes, because your ankles flex, and so does leather. They're really normal looking.

3) The color of the brown boot is slightly different than the photo- but if you search the internet for images, you'll get a good idea of what color these boots actually are. They're slightly distressed looking, but I treated mine with leather conditioner, which resulted in a gorgeous dark chocolaty brown. Conditioning the leather also helps make these boots more comfortable overall, and helps the ankle situation, mentioned above.

These boots are seriously fabulous casual boots. They look great with skinny jeans, tights, sweater dresses, etc. Buy them! You won't regret it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 3, 2011
This review is from: Teva Women's Jade Cove High Wedge Boot (Apparel)
These were delivered yesterday and I'm somewhat disappointed. On the positive side the lining is soft and warm and the footbed is squishy like a Teva sandal. For me, the negatives outweigh the positives. The quality of the leather isn't good. It's thick, rough and unbending when I walk. They're new but the leather is scratched up. The toe area is too snug eventhough my foot is a regular width. I can only wear a really thin sock underneath. Finally, the color doesn't look like the brown pictured online. It looks like it's a grayish brown. I was hoping to be able to wear these with a casual skirt or sweater dress but now I'm not so sure. They may just be used for shoveling or I might just send them back!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for snow, not so good for rain, October 31, 2011
Good for snow, not so good for rain. In snow conditions these boots kept my feet warm and dry. 3 stars as they are very slippery in rain conditions and I bought these for both purposes. Not that attractive looking either.

4.0 out of 5 stars So, so comfortable and cute, too, March 25, 2012
I bought 2 Teva boots in one order, these in brown and the Teva Montecito in Black. I was SO pleased with both of these boots. They are both really cute, oh so comfortable and fit my feet so well. I took the advice of a few other reviewers and ordered my normal size, 7.5. I would say they are very true to size. These taller boots were a little snug around my calves at first, but stretched out to fit perfect. I would say that my calves are a bit on the bigger side, so I think they are sized again appropriately there. My only complaint about this boot (and reason for the 4 stars) is that the color is not exactly as shown, but a darker color brown, verging on olive. They are super comfortable and I was really looking for a higher style boot so, I am very happy with this online shoe purchase which is not an easy thing to do. Also, I have not had any Tevas since their first sandal, so was quite pleased with the comfort and style they put into these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Women's Jade Cove High Wedge Boot, January 24, 2012
Love them! I got them a full size larger, probably should have only gone up a 1/2 size to accommodate thicker socks. Even so, VERY comfortable, warm, sure-footed, stylish, keeps me dry, great for all weather conditions. High quality durable leather. Decorative ultra-suede button detail is an awesome stylish bonus. Well designed, high style, comfort & performance. Perfect!

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Color, Comfortable sole, January 12, 2012
This review is from: Teva Women's Jade Cove High Wedge Boot (Apparel)
I was really hoping the other review were from picky, color-enthusiasts. I was wrong-- either that or I'm also picky. I was looking for the lighter, eurpoean-esque creamy brown that is shown in the product image. The boots are more of a deep hot-chocolate brown. If you don't mind this color, go for them because the fit is spot on, the sole is comfortable and they're the appropriate calf height.

5.0 out of 5 stars best traveling boots ever!, February 11, 2012
These were a last minute purchase a few days before I left to go to Dublin. I bought them because they were waterproof, had arch support, a warm liner, and looked cute. They did not disappoint! I wore them every day as we went on long walking tours and they were so comfortable that I kept finding myself repeating, "These boots are the best purchase I've ever made!". My friends all loved them and wished they had a pair and the boots held up extremely well in the mud and rain. There was one day that I had to climb up a hill that was a pure mud slick. These boots gave me traction so that I didn't go sliding down face first. I can't say enough good things!

2.0 out of 5 stars Boots not as pictured, November 1, 2012
My friend was wearing these boots, so of course, I had to have me a pair. My friend's boots were black and soft and comfortable. However, the ones I received did not seem the same. The color was not as pictured; they were much much darker brown. The leg portion was hard (was it really leather??) and thus was stiff around the ankle as tried to walk in them. Maybe the would ease up with wear, but I returned them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little different that I expected, October 31, 2012
I've worn these boots several times now and like them overall, but they were a bit more like wellies (rain boots) than I expected. They've got that weird sorta squishy/ sometimes pinchy thing around the ankle that wellies get, however I'm hoping that will stop as I wear them in a bit more. They are very comfortable aside from that and are great rain boots - perfectly waterproof. I bike commute and they are good on a bike - very lightweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy them!, October 23, 2012
Brian Jenkins (MURFREESBORO, TN, US) - See all my reviews
These boots were:
-true to size
-darker in color than pictured, but in a good way
-lined with a flannel-ish material that is super soft and warm
-supportive and comfortable in the footbed; I could run a race in them
-not too tight in the calf. They fit over jeans but don't have a huge gap
-made of high quality materials and construction, and definitely worth the price

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›